Photo

Update 1.1.4 release date today 3/27

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4959 posts

I'm actually excited about this update.  I almost feel like a kid in the candy store as I have a vault full of weapons that when the update drops it will be like I have all brand new weapons and I get to go test them all out and see what I like.  

I knew keeping one of everything was going to pay off.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 365 posts

Agreed Michael, I'm really excited to try this update. Who knows? I may be able to use more than just Borealis when it comes to Sniping now! The High-Impact Pulses and Scouts will be really exciting to try out too. And don't forget Linear Fusion Rifles!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4079 posts

I have a vault full of weapons I may never use , but at least they are worth a few shards , even though they made some changes I see no major difference so far except to grenade launchers , I still have to try SMG , fusions , snipers and a few other power weapons . 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1509 posts

... even though they made some changes I see no major difference so far ...

Same here.  I played through 3 heroic strikes to see if I could feel the difference in moving speed or in the weapons I typically use ... nothing seemed different to me.

Didn't get that "wow" feeling that the update write up's made it out to be.  Just another day in D2. 

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4079 posts

Didn't get that "wow" feeling that the update write up's made it out to be.  Just another day in D2. 

Yep , that's pretty much the way I see it ! 

• Art of War likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1509 posts

Yep , that's pretty much the way I see it ! 

Have you run the Nightfall yet?  I might give it a go tonight if your interested.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4959 posts

I play several Crucible games and could feel a difference. It wasn't like BANG I'm running like the six million dollar man.  But I felt more fluid.

I definitely felt the difference in the guns.  Hand Cannons felt good as well as some of the pulse rifles.

One of my Clan mates got a 5 piece in Quickplay with one Arcstrider super.  https://twitter.com/...723940850905088

I haven't done much PvE myself, just finished the Flashpoint and then went into PvP.  I'm liking PvP right now.  I don't know if it is because there is a sudden influx of mediocre players due to interest the new update, or if the game play is better. But I did quite well.

My big thing is fighting for the heavy that drops.  First I didn't know I had to hold "square" to pick it up.  Then I've had some where I was killed, my heavy dropped and I was able to get it again.  Others times the heavy changed hands several times, I was killed, someone picked it up, immediately killed, etc...

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 733 posts

Underwhelming

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 365 posts

I will say that I wish there were a few more Strike weapons. While the Exotic items are cool, the Grind is mostly going to be focused on the weapons, so I feel like every Strike should have one exclusive.
What's everybody's thoughts on 8-man Rumble? I'm not going to play until the next live event goes active (too much pressure from school), but I've seen a very mixed reaction so far.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4959 posts

I will say that I wish there were a few more Strike weapons. While the Exotic items are cool, the Grind is mostly going to be focused on the weapons, do I feel like every Strike should have one exclusive.
What's everybody's thoughts on 8-man Rumble? I'm not going to play until the next live event goes active (too much pressure from school), but I've seen a very mixed reaction so far.

I enjoy the Rumble.  But it should be reduced to 6 man.  8 just seems like too many and get into too many 3 on 1s, etc.

Also, as they've come across and Bungie is looking at it.  They're having spawn issues.  Where you'll spawn right next to an opponent.  

Other than that, the one game I played was tough, but enjoyable.  I was testing new weapons in this format. I came in the middle of the pack with my 12 kills.  Top was 24 kills in my game.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1509 posts

They're having spawn issues.  Where you'll spawn right next to an opponent.  

Glad to see they brought that forward from Destiny (1)

:laugh:

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4959 posts

Glad to see they brought that forward from Destiny (1)

:laugh:

Hey. People have been bitching that they want D1 back... Well...

• R MK XXV likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4079 posts

Have you run the Nightfall yet?  I might give it a go tonight if your interested.

Sure, I won't be on till about 12:30am though , but hit me up if you want to run it ! 

• R MK XXV likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4959 posts

So, now that you've had a week to play with the new update any further comments?  Any weapons stand out that you've not used before?

I've been playing with

Primary: The Purpose (Trials scout)

Energy: Darkest Before (Trails pulse rifle)

Power: Play of the Game (Crucible Grenade Launcher)

Totally changed my meta. Which was 

Primary: Origin Story (AR)

Energy: Out of Options (SMG)

Power: Sins of the Past (RL)

I've been having fun with my new load out.  

i've been using Vigilance Wing as well in my Primary as it rocks. But it's like EVERYONE is using it, so I'm trying not to.  LOL...

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 365 posts

While I never play a fixed loadout, these are my favourite PVP options in each category:
- Kinetic SMG: Antiope-D
- Kinetic AR: Origin Story
- Kinetic PR: The Time-Worn Spire
- Kinetic ScR: The Guiding Sight
- Kinetic HC: Home For the Lost
- Kinetic SA: Vertical Orbit QSM (seriously, this thing is CRAZY good)
- Energy SMG: MIDA Mini-Tool
- Energy AR: Jiangshi AR4
- Energy PR: Last Perdition
- Energy ScR: Tone Patrol
- Energy HC: Older Sister III
- Energy SA: Drang
- SnR: Maxim XI
- LFR: Crooked Fang 4FR
- FR: The Wizened Rebuke
- SG: Baligant
- GL: Wicked Sister
- RL: Hoosegow