Photo

Destiny 1 Crucible

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

With the upcoming 1.1.4 update coming in a week.  I decided to go back to Destiny1 crucible to see how it feels compared to D2.  To give me a baseline for the new update and how it feels.

OMG!!!!!

Destiny 1 crucible feels so good.  

Rarely was I team shotted

I got sniped a lot.  Made me think on my feet not to be in sniper lanes. it was awesome, but annoying. LOL

I wasn't fighting my own team mates for heavy. Most of the time I was out of position to get it anyway.

I was able to cast my Golden Gun and go hunt, not cast it and lose it 5 seconds later.

I was able to take on more than one guardian at a time and win.

I was able to challenge snipers with my scout rifle and win.

The only issues I really had were connection, some of the games were bad.  Also I still ran into the Trials gods who can move like a ninja cat on steroids...

I played control for the most part. Then I played two rounds of Combined arms when I was getting trampled by Trials gods.  I had a blast in CA.  I was able to snipe people off a pike with Icebreaker.

I tried to play a game of Rumble, but couldn't get enough players to get a game going.

Overall, I had a blast in D1 crucible this weekend.  

There were also many thing I forgot that were in D1 that I miss. 

Bounties

Crucible Quartermaster bounties

Ace of Spades

Eyasluna

Hawkmoon

Stillpiercer

The old Vault system

My old armor

All the D1 Crucible maps, except Black Shield.

Double Trip mines with Young Ahakara Spine

Golden Gun that is usable

I understand why they took our weapons away. So they can do the no random rolls thing.  I want my old weapons back. I want my old armor back.  I liked my D1 Hunter look.  

Okay, I'll stop now...

• R MK XXV and sgtcoy like this

Marshy68

Marshy68

Forum Sergeant

• 62 posts

Did you have to wait long to load into a match?

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

That does sound fun.  I might have to troll our Discord and lure out some people to get a private match going or run crucible.  You're making me have a itch to play again. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

Did you have to wait long to load into a match?

Sometimes yes. But once I got a 12-some, we stayed together for many matches so the matchmaking was quick after the initial one.

That does sound fun.  I might have to troll our Discord and lure out some people to get a private match going or run crucible.  You're making me have a itch to play again. 

I'm your Destiny 1 poison ivy. Making you have the itch to play. play play play play play...  Do it. You'll have fun...

• sgtcoy and Marshy68 like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

Lol.  It definitely give me the warm and tingly thinking about firing the game back up.  If it wasn't for the Division and the Global Events going on the past several weekends I would really consider it.  But farming gear and guns keeps me tied down for the moment. 

I wish D1 still had trials every weekend.  I know I would definitely still be playing as would many people I know.  Trials in D1 is/was light years ahead of D2. I know they are trying new things but D1 as frustrating as it was sometimes, it still had us playing for hours and hours every weekend.  I miss trying new guns in the Crucible and being able to still compete.  Testing out new rolls on guns to see if it was better than the one I was using. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

Well.  I had a blast in D1 crucible this weekend.  It was a snipe fest.  

Remember everything I said in a earlier post that I'm okay with it?  Well, I'm not.  I played three games against NLB gods.  Luckily two of them I was on their team.  

*sigh*

• sgtcoy likes this