Photo

Iron Banner March 6th and sandbox change conversation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I've been actually playing a lot of the IB this week. Solo and in a full fire team with no comms.  I've been having a blast.  There are some games I get totally stomped, but for the most part, the games have been pretty even.  

I can't wait for the changes their going to make for the next iron banner.  

So far, what I've read about sandbox changes and the other changes to the crucible, I'm getting excited to see what happens.

I am glad they're going to nerf the precision AR some.  I should not be out shot by Uriels's Gift from across the map if I'm using MIDA.  

I see no changes to the Gunslinger.  I think he's been nerfed too much.  It takes me two shots to take down a Striker Titan in super, but one slam and I'm gone.  I even have a full set of master work armor.  ???

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 407 posts

I believe overall there's not really anything negative to say about these changes. Dawnblade has FINALLY been buffed! I don't think they quite polished it, what with the removal of in-air accuracy penalties only when Swift Strike is active, but it's certainly going to be far more viable, particularly with the buffs to Daybreak.
It's good to see that Dodge has also been buffes so that you can... well, 'dodge'. Invisibilty never seemed like a problem to me, but the changes on that front don't feel overly harsh.
Almost all the weapons are being buffed! Sniper Rifles and Linear Fusion Rifles in particular really needed these buffs. I don't think that the Precision Autos really needed that Aim Assist nerf, but we'll see how that works out.
There's only one nerf that I have a problem with: Sword inventory reduction for PVP. While you do get a lot of Sword ammo from Power ammo drops in PVP, the amount of work you have to go through to get the kills is very obvious, so this feels like Swords might have ot a bit rough after this patch.
Super cooldown reductions: YES! WOOOOOOOO!
Arc-Staff, Sentinel Shield and Fist of Havoc movement speed increases. Okay. Cool. Not a big deal, but it isn't hurting anything.
More than anything, I'm jusy excited to finally be seeing some sandbox adjustments. It was too long between release and patch.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

There's only one nerf that I have a problem with: Sword inventory reduction for PVP. While you do get a lot of Sword ammo from Power ammo drops in PVP, the amount of work you have to go through to get the kills is very obvious, so this feels like Swords might have ot a bit rough after this patch.

I can understand, but I think the risk/reward for the sword will pay for itself.  With heavy ammo dropping if you kill someone with heavy, the sword bearer/killer will be right there to pick it up.  So you have a potential of having more ammo by getting kills.  I think they were trying to offset this by reducing the amount you get off the bat.  ???

I really wish they would give the gunslinger some love.  The Striker Titan, the Stormcaller all can travel the map, kill me twice (after I respawn), but the golden gun disappates after 7 seconds.  Way too fast.  It takes two shots to kill a striker in super, it takes one slam to kill the goldie.  They've nerfed the range.  I can no longer 1/2 map someone with the golden gun.  I was on in Iron Banner on Distant Shore last night.  I was on the platform that "B" is on.  There were three opponents by the pillar behind the wall where the heavy spawns. In D1, this would be easy kills.  I shot all three shots into a group and none of them took damage.  So the range is gone.

I played a ton of Iron Banner this weekend.  I had a blast.  My last game last night, we were getting pub stomped.  It was 22 to 4.  Half of my blue berried left, and as much as I bitch about it, I left,  It was the only game I rage quit.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

Another Iron Banner has come and gone , it was good I finally have all 3 armor sets ( still don't have the chest ornament though) I lost way more matches then I won , and I still have the same complaint as when this all began , If it's IB then there should be more IB drops , I got more useless crap I only had 2 weapons drop and it took me right up until I had to quit playing to get the last piece of armor I needed and I didn't think I'd get it . 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Another Iron Banner has come and gone , it was good I finally have all 3 armor sets ( still don't have the chest ornament though) I lost way more matches then I won , and I still have the same complaint as when this all began , If it's IB then there should be more IB drops , I got more useless crap I only had 2 weapons drop and it took me right up until I had to quit playing to get the last piece of armor I needed and I didn't think I'd get it . 

I agree. I miss getting IB drops after the game.  It was all insta-shard items.  

I had fun myself.  I did a lot better Saturday than I did Sunday and Monday.  Too many stacked teams and many of them were Trials kids.  I had to change my strategy every game. Some games, I could hang back and use my scout.  Other games they pushed hard so I needed my ARs.  It made it interesting and fun.  I played more IB this week than I have all of D2 so far.  

I looked at my Iron Banner rank in Destiny Tracker.  Last Friday I was at Platinum ELO rank of like 1300-ish because I won many games.  This morning I'm at 940 and Bronze because I kept losing.  I played well, many games were very close, my K/D was actually positive with 10+ kills in most games.  But if you lose, it doesn't matter what your K/D is, you're ELO goes down in Destiny Tracker.  *sigh*

I still had fun...

I'm looking forward to 6v6 with the new IB rules.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

That's one of the reasons I don't even enter the crucible anymore. 

I miss the insta-rewards.  I don't care for the tokens.  There is no satisfaction in them.

Congrats, you won!  You get ... tokens. ... ===

Ah, you lost, you still get tokens ... just not as many ... ===

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I agree. I miss getting IB drops after the game.  It was all insta-shard items.  

I had fun myself.  I did a lot better Saturday than I did Sunday and Monday.  Too many stacked teams and many of them were Trials kids.  I had to change my strategy every game. Some games, I could hang back and use my scout.  Other games they pushed hard so I needed my ARs.  It made it interesting and fun.  I played more IB this week than I have all of D2 so far.  

I looked at my Iron Banner rank in Destiny Tracker.  Last Friday I was at Platinum ELO rank of like 1300-ish because I won many games.  This morning I'm at 940 and Bronze because I kept losing.  I played well, many games were very close, my K/D was actually positive with 10+ kills in most games.  But if you lose, it doesn't matter what your K/D is, you're ELO goes down in Destiny Tracker.  *sigh*

I still had fun...

I'm looking forward to 6v6 with the new IB rules.

You got that right Michael , there were so many stacked teams I couldn't buy a win , I'm not the greatest play by any means , but my win to loss was like 1 win to every 4 losses ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

You got that right Michael , there were so many stacked teams I couldn't buy a win , I'm not the greatest play by any means , but my win to loss was like 1 win to every 4 losses ! 

The funny thing is, I normally don't care if I come across a stacked team.  I use it as a learning experience to try to get better.  Different strategies, etc.  But for some reason, this week, I've been tired and I've left games as I'm not in the mood to deal with it.  I just sit there going, I can't do this... Go back to Orbit...  I've been playing like poop lately. Making stupid strategic decisions.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

The funny thing is, I normally don't care if I come across a stacked team.  I use it as a learning experience to try to get better.  Different strategies, etc.  But for some reason, this week, I've been tired and I've left games as I'm not in the mood to deal with it.  I just sit there going, I can't do this... Go back to Orbit...  I've been playing like poop lately. Making stupid strategic decisions.

I have a habit of playing overly aggressive , so like i basically end  up being bait to draw out the other team , but I played a little more laid back , it didn't help much because when your losing by 10 or more you have to play aggressive to catch up , and it didn't work out most of the time , but I did have fun and achieve all I set out to do ( get complete armor sets on my 'lock and Titan , I already have the Hunter set)  , I'm looking forward to the 6V6 next time around even though it's going to be control ! 

• michael6745 likes this