Photo

Is anybody out there ??

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

I hope they don't keep the "mod system" as this would, for me, keep me away.  I enjoyed the random rolls on guns, as frustrating as it was, way more than the mod system.  I personally never understood the mod system.  I would rather have actual perks of the gun that make it good/bad than adding a mod to do the same thing.  Making a gun whatever you want it to be will be no better off than back when we spent tons of glimmer re-rolling the perks to get the ones we wanted.  Having mods to make the gun with *outlaw, LIC, rifled barrel or whatever will just have the same affect as everyone and their twin brother will have and use the same gun..  Bringing us back full circle to where we are currently.  The only way, IMO, to make the game have extended life, is to bring back random rolls.  The great thing about D1 was the same gun used by you (having a god roll) was better than mine with 2/3 of the god rolled perks.  Why make everything the same?  It would be the same end result as you have now with everyone using the same guns with the same perks.  No way for any one gun to stand out. 

So the easiest way for the game to turn full swing and bring back players (among a list of other things) is to have random rolls.  It's a game.  I understand not everyone has 20 hours a week to dedicate to the game but why should you restrict those who do have the time to advance and have the potential to get better gear/rolls on weapons than the guy who has 3 hours a week to play.  IMO it all goes back to the participation trophy generation that we are living in.  We want everyone to have the same rewards and not allow people to actually work for it.  Until this system goes away, this game will continue to be what it is now, a huge disappointment. 

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 101 posts

I hope they don't keep the "mod system" as this would, for me, keep me away.  I enjoyed the random rolls on guns, as frustrating as it was, way more than the mod system.  I personally never understood the mod system.  I would rather have actual perks of the gun that make it good/bad than adding a mod to do the same thing.  Making a gun whatever you want it to be will be no better off than back when we spent tons of glimmer re-rolling the perks to get the ones we wanted.  Having mods to make the gun with *outlaw, LIC, rifled barrel or whatever will just have the same affect as everyone and their twin brother will have and use the same gun..  Bringing us back full circle to where we are currently.  The only way, IMO, to make the game have extended life, is to bring back random rolls.  The great thing about D1 was the same gun used by you (having a god roll) was better than mine with 2/3 of the god rolled perks.  Why make everything the same?  It would be the same end result as you have now with everyone using the same guns with the same perks.  No way for any one gun to stand out. 

So the easiest way for the game to turn full swing and bring back players (among a list of other things) is to have random rolls.  It's a game.  I understand not everyone has 20 hours a week to dedicate to the game but why should you restrict those who do have the time to advance and have the potential to get better gear/rolls on weapons than the guy who has 3 hours a week to play.  IMO it all goes back to the participation trophy generation that we are living in.  We want everyone to have the same rewards and not allow people to actually work for it.  Until this system goes away, this game will continue to be what it is now, a huge disappointment. 

I agree this would be better.
It will still take a whole lot of endgame-content to keep me playing.
In D1 I could easily start with 45-60min. in the forge to get my perfekt saladins vigil, and then go and play in the arena, maybe grind a bit for some exotic engrams. The dreadnaught was nice, hidden chests with small puzzles, summoningpit, hunting for hidden ghosts and a pretty good raid.

now I do the weekly stuff once in a while and then I switch to another game! They added Mercury which brings nothing besides a public event, adventures (which isn't fun) and a WHOLE lot of grinding for weapons that I'm not going to use..It's like Im forced to play the same 2-3 strikes to get glimmer.. I used to do strikes because I liked them, not because I had nothing else to do.

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I agree this would be better.
It will still take a whole lot of endgame-content to keep me playing.
In D1 I could easily start with 45-60min. in the forge to get my perfekt saladins vigil, and then go and play in the arena, maybe grind a bit for some exotic engrams. The dreadnaught was nice, hidden chests with small puzzles, summoningpit, hunting for hidden ghosts and a pretty good raid.

now I do the weekly stuff once in a while and then I switch to another game! They added Mercury which brings nothing besides a public event, adventures (which isn't fun) and a WHOLE lot of grinding for weapons that I'm not going to use..It's like Im forced to play the same 2-3 strikes to get glimmer.. I used to do strikes because I liked them, not because I had nothing else to do.

I got all the Mercury guns and there is only 2 I use on a regular basis and that's the hand cannon(kinetic) and the auto rifle , the rest are in the vault . As far as the strikes go there is only one I really like (Savathun Song ) the rest are just meh IMO. and I hate the Exodus Down Strike !!!! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

That little quest is really the only thing thats kept me playing Destiny. 

How bad is it getting those what ever they are things to drop in Nightfall?  I need the two required to continue the quest.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

That little quest is really the only thing thats kept me playing Destiny. 

How bad is it getting those what ever they are things to drop in Nightfall?  I need the two required to continue the quest.

What things are you talking about ?? you don't need to do Nightfall to get the stuff for the Mercury guns you can do Heroic strikes and Crucible , if ti's the little red blooms or whatever they are called , the drop after Heroic strikes about every 2 or 3 .

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

What things are you talking about ?? you don't need to do Nightfall to get the stuff for the Mercury guns you can do Heroic strikes and Crucible , if ti's the little red blooms or whatever they are called , the drop after Heroic strikes about every 2 or 3 .

There is an element that can only be received from Nightfalls and the Raid for one of the guns. 

Fossilized Hermaion Blossom.  (Lost Prophecy, Another Verse)

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

There is an element that can only be received from Nightfalls and the Raid for one of the guns. 

Fossilized Hermaion Blossom.  (Lost Prophecy, Another Verse)

You can get the Fossilized Hermaion Blossom from doing Heroic Strikes , I have yet to do the Nightfall and I have all the Lost Prophecy guns and the Sagira ghost shell . It doesn't drop after every one but it will drop after every so often .

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

You can get the Fossilized Hermaion Blossom from doing Heroic Strikes , I have yet to do the Nightfall and I have all the Lost Prophecy guns and the Sagira ghost shell . It doesn't drop after every one but it will drop after every so often .

Darn it... I was going to tell @R MK IV that the Fossilized Hermalon Blossom was a PS exclusive and watch him come apart at the seams.  *snicker*

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

Darn it... I was going to tell @R MK IV that the Fossilized Hermalon Blossom was a PS exclusive and watch him come apart at the seams.  *snicker*

That would be wrong , but it would be funny as hell !!  :woot:

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

giphy.gif

hulksmash.gif

Oh, wait a tick ... I actually have 3 in my inventory.  When did those get there?

happy-hulk.gif

• michael6745 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

I am just looking to hoard as many weapon parts, planetary tokens and materials I can.

Hey, is that a Phobia I see?

• michael6745 likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 737 posts

Destiny 2 is dead and Destiny 3 is going to bomb as a result. At this stage I can't imagine many will even give Bungie the chance to right the ship. The initial sales and pre-orders for Destiny 3 will be down significantly and only in the event of overwhelmingly strong user reviews may the community start coming back to the franchise. It's more likely that the Destiny franchise puts Bungie out of business since they're locked into another 5 year commitment with Activision. The days of giving Bungie the benefit of the doubt are long gone. I've never seen a game developer care so little about their community.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I am just looking to hoard as many weapon parts, planetary tokens and materials I can.

Hey, is that a Phobia I see?

I know I don't have as many as you phobia-hoarder...  But I surpassed 2000 weapon parts last night.  Yeah me.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I know I don't have as many as you phobia-hoarder...  But I surpassed 2000 weapon parts last night.  Yeah me.

I have the most Legendary Shards then I've ever had , I have 638 maybe , just maybe when the DLC comes out , I'll have something to buy with them !! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

Added the elements, received the new level quest, solo'd it last night and received Saint 14's Shotgun. 

I thought that was only going to unlock after unlocking all of the weapons.

Or is it the quest for the ghost that unlocks when all weapons are unlocked. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I have the most Legendary Shards then I've ever had , I have 638 maybe , just maybe when the DLC comes out , I'll have something to buy with them !! 

I have 1400 legendary shards and 4400 bright dust.

Added the elements, received the new level quest, solo'd it last night and received Saint 14's Shotgun. 

I think you have to finish all the weapons before they all unlock.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

Once you get all the weapons you automatically get the Sagira shell !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Once you get all the weapons you automatically get the Sagira shell !

No. It's a PS4 exclusive.   :woot:

• R MK XXV likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

No. It's a PS4 exclusive.   :woot:

I play on Xbox , I already have it !!  :D  :D

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

Michael is just being a meanie weenie.  :P

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Michael is just being a meanie weenie.  :P

Yup. That's me.  I've been found out.

• R MK XXV likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

Kicks forum wall.

Wake UP!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Kicks forum wall.

Wake UP!!

c2fe05bdb006839930bbfae9c9f0f0c210b98041

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

I did!

I feel sad.  Feels like the life is slowly ebbing out of this site. 

It was strangely energetic when I first joined.

Now every incoming post is like the sites heart beat slowly keeping it alive. 

1 or 2 beats a day ...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I feel the same way.  I keep trying to post daily.   I'm hoping that when more content comes out, Destiny 2 will become alive again. 

• R MK XXV likes this