Photo

Is anybody out there ??

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

It's been awful quite here so I thought I'd try to stir the pot a little bit and maybe get some conversation going . Even though it's not very busy here , thing are a little different in game , If Destiny 2  is that bad why are there still so many people ( including myself) playing ?? Does it still have it's problems , sure , find a game that doesn't . I still and the more I'm playing the more I like it ( yeah I know I've said this a hundred times ) . I am enjoying it and someday maybe you will too !! 

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 737 posts

I still check on this forum occasionally, mainly because of my love of Destiny 1 and in despite of my dislike of Destiny 2. My girlfriend and I still run the D1 Nightfall each week on all 3 of our D1 characters, we both recently just deleted our warlocks to run through the D1 campaign together. It only took a couple days to get them back to 400 but we had a blast reliving the glory days of D1. However, we both have also deleted Destiny 2 from our PS4 hard drives and traded the game back in even though we both bought the expansion pass with the yet to be released 2nd DLC. D2  is beyond repair and Bungie has made no real effort to change that for the better as many in the community demands.

Looking at the player count on the Destiny Tracker site and it proves the game is truly dead. 178K PvP players and 416K PvE players and that is for both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 combined... and it includes all platforms (PC, PS, and Xbox) and all time zones across the world. Players are abandoning Destiny 2 in droves.

RIP Destiny 2...

player_count.jpg

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 407 posts

The fact is there's not really a whole lot to talk about. With so many people moving away, it's going to take a lot to get the conversation going again, at least until Destiny 2 is "fixed" or the next DLC rolls around. But we'll get there!  :D And I know I'm always happy to talk about anything and everything!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I still see tons of people playing on Xbox 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I haven't been on much as I'm not doing anything new to discuss and be excited about. I'm still playing hours of D2.  There are tons playing, the tower and Farm are full of people.  

I know people like Adkyth, HockeyDad and LittleUbo are on Discord mostly. We're in the same clan so we chat there.  

I also know some are playing other games which is fine.  I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn and am enjoying it, but still come back to Destiny.  But I'm old and set in my ways.

What drew me here was discussing new ways to do stuff, brag about PvP moments and find out what is the newest secret inside of Destiny.  So, as we all know, all that has gone by the wayside.  Hopefully as they bring new stuff and fixes Destiny 2 we'll be chatting more.

I'm excited about the March 27th update to the sandbox.  

Things I'm excited about

Iron Banner 6x6 old school rules

8 person Rumble

Mayhem in the rotation

Things I'd like to see *cough* nerfed..  Or other guns brought up so that there is diversity among the weapons I see by those who kill me.

The Last Hope

Uriel's Gift

I think these two have become crutch weapons and I'd like to see others shine.  But when Uriel's Gift can out gun the MIDA/Purpose across the map, that's just ridiculous.

I'm hoping they bring in hidden treasures to find. A secret quest.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4251 posts

The fact is there's not really a whole lot to talk about.

This is the root of the problem when it comes to D2.

• Art of War, sgtcoy and michael6745 like this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 73 posts

For the 1st time in well over a month I had an invite to do the NF from some clanmates. Sadly I was busy watching a movie with the family, and by time it was over, they were offline. I did pop on D2 for15  minutes just to look around a bit and see some  changes. Nothing too tangible yet. . . But I still keep anything D2 related in my periphery, hoping that there is cause for a return soon. Until then, backlog it is!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

This is the root of the problem when it comes to D2.

So true.  Although I play Destiny 2 crucible every night.  I just don't feel like the four of you who are posting want to read. "I played today, got killed a bunch, oh and I pulled one out of my arse"... all the time.  LOL.  

As much as I got tired of the endless sniper videos.  I miss the sniper videos.  I also miss Mat's vooping videos as well as his pole dancing.

• sgtcoy likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 737 posts

So true.  Although I play Destiny 2 crucible every night.  I just don't feel like the four of you who are posting want to read. "I played today, got killed a bunch, oh and I pulled one out of my arse"... all the time.  LOL.  

As much as I got tired of the endless sniper videos.  I miss the sniper videos.  I also miss Mat's vooping videos as well as his pole dancing.

I think we all miss how active this forum was during Destiny 1. The users online list on the home page would nearly fill the entire page. We could get a response to any comment in minutes. It was awesome. I was hoping it would be like that again when D2 came out. It's sad. When D2 came out, it was depressing watching all those users on this forum drifting away and moving on.  At least I have the 2500+ hours of memories playing with my girlfriend (who is now my Fiancée). For 3 years we hardly played another game. My Destiny experience is rapidly coming to an end. I suppose before too much longer I'll even stop checking in on the forum myself. So before that time comes, I do want to thank Noles for this forum and all the great memories. I certainly didn't want or expect my Destiny experience to end this soon or this way.

• sgtcoy likes this

VaeVictus

VaeVictus

Recruit

• 16 posts

I played a lot more this past weekend than I had in months. I like some of the changes they're making, but it is still a shell of Destiny 1. To make matters worse, after getting all 5K towards my clan on my 2nd character, I went to the tower to cash in two legendary engrams. What happened next? Same gun both times. Oh, but there was an exotic engram rewarded also...MK 44 Stand asides, again. 

That part of the game is still broken. Nevermind the guns still being boring and terrible. Random rolls have to return at some point. 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

playing with my girlfriend (who is now my Fiancée). 

Congrats!!!!!!

I played a lot more this past weekend than I had in months. I like some of the changes they're making, but it is still a shell of Destiny 1. To make matters worse, after getting all 5K towards my clan on my 2nd character, I went to the tower to cash in two legendary engrams. What happened next? Same gun both times. Oh, but there was an exotic engram rewarded also...MK 44 Stand asides, again. 

That part of the game is still broken. Nevermind the guns still being boring and terrible. Random rolls have to return at some point. 

The problem with the Exotics is that I have all the exotics, so everything will be a repeat no matter what.  I had 4 exotics on my warlock I needed to get and the past month I just went to Xur and used the fated engram each week and got one I didn't have.  I now have all exotics.

When it comes to Legendaries, I have had every single Legendary drop for me at some point.  I'm keeping those that I want to try out in the new sandbox.  The issue with the current system is I can't get excited about the drops as I know what they are.  Engram, have it, shard it.. rinse repeat.  They took Mods 2.0 off the roadmap for the foreseeable future.  There are many spin foil theories about this.  One is that they're going to bring back random rolls for fall update.  Who knows...

The changes being made to D2 right now are not going to be the changes that will bring everyone back right now.  They are setting up for the may DLC and I believe like many others, the Fall update is going to be similar to the TTK update that changes the game dramatically.  If the March 27th sandbox update, the May DLC and the fall update can bring Destiny 2 to "that" place, then I have hopes that new streamers will start making their mark with Desitny 2.  I believe the older streamers have moved on.  It will be new blood that brings Destiny 2 back to the greatness that it should be.

I'm excited and holding my breath that the Bungie developers will be able to pull this off.  I'm hoping that I'm not setting myself up for bitter disappointment.  Only time will tell.  

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

I haven't uninstalled D2 from my PS4 because I'm still hoping this game makes a complete 720 and turns itself around twice (because frankly it needs it).  I've enjoyed playing other games, with just a couple of guys from my clan, but like I've said before I miss seeing 30-40 guys active during Iron Banner, weekends, and reset.  I hope Michael is right and the changes they are going to make bring back everyone and people are scrambling back to Gamestop to re-buy the game.  It would be nice to see. 

I never used to post a lot on the forums back in D1 but everyone seemed to have the same questions that I had and quick answers from people was what made me come back daily to read the many comments.  It is sad that every night at work I check the forum and it could be days in between posts.  Not that I'm playing but I guess I am getting my Destiny fix through you guys.  I would love to log on and see the forum lit up with people saying how the game has improved and how the game is better than D1. 

I guess I will continue to wait patiently to see where this game goes.  It has been 4 months since my last D2 login.  I am free of withdrawals and the addiction is sadly gone. 

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

These forums started getting quite a little before Destiny 2  came out and it seemed it never really picked back up , just us few remaining regulars and like Michael said there is only so much to talk about , but there are some exciting changes coming in the future , I'm just hoping it kicks thing up a bit ! I'm looking forward to Iron Banner this week as I want to get a full set of armor for my 'lock ,I have a full set for my Hunter and once I'm done with my 'lock I'll work on my Titan , it give me something to play for .

It would be nice if they made a couple of Exotic quests like in D1 , I have all the Exotics except Rat King and the raid shotgun ( I'm not doing the raid , not my cup of tea so to speak) .

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

I still check in here on lunch while I'm at work.  But since my destiny play time dropped from 5 days a week to maybe 1, I don't have a lot to talk about. 

Some of that drop in game time is because of work.  Things have really picked up lately.

The rest is based on the game.  I just don't have that drive to play like I did in Destiny. 

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 101 posts

I still check in here on lunch while I'm at work.  But since my destiny play time dropped from 5 days a week to maybe 1, I don't have a lot to talk about. 

Some of that drop in game time is because of work.  Things have really picked up lately.

The rest is based on the game.  I just don't have that drive to play like I did in Destiny. 

I do the same. Been playing quite a lot of pubg recently.

played a little Destiny last week, grinded a bit on the osiris-weapons, some pvp and a few strikes.. I hoped there was something nice to do, but nothing changed since last I played..
I might play a little here and there, but before next update I don't recon I'll play much :)

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

Better Devils + reload masterworks + kinetic reload gauntlets + counterbalance mod = lotsa lolz

Up until yesterday I didn't really bother with adding mods to weapons or armor because ... well quite frankly I just didn't really look into it or care. 

Sure, I have weapons and armor with mods on them, most of which were on the weapon when I received them.

But last night I decided to actually try to used mods to create a specific build.

And I have to say, the outcome was pretty fun for me.  Reloading no longer takes ages to accomplish with Better Devils, and when hammering the trigger I can still pull two consecutive head shots before having to pause to  to realign the cannon. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Better Devils + reload masterworks + kinetic reload gauntlets + counterbalance mod = lotsa lolz

I'm on my 35th better devils.  It's the same as my 1st.  I love the BD in PvE.  I reload all the time by using my hunter's dodge.  I am excited about the change they're bringing to the hand cannons in the sandbox update.  HC's are supposed to feel crispier on consoles.

• sgtcoy likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

I'm on my 35th better devils.  It's the same as my 1st.  I love the BD in PvE.  I reload all the time by using my hunter's dodge.  I am excited about the change they're bringing to the hand cannons in the sandbox update.  HC's are supposed to feel crispier on consoles.

Funny, I've only received 2 since release.  Granted, I haven't dabbled in the Crucible much.  Just the first banner.  Then I hid in PvE since then. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I've been getting Better Devils dropping like crazy , ever since I first got it , My GF accidently deleted hers and now she can't get one to drop at all , go figure 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Got my 36th and 37th BD this weekend.  One was Masterworks.  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

So what your saying is that you have 36 uniquely different Better Devils'?  LOL 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

So what your saying is that you have 36 uniquely different Better Devils'?  LOL 

Nope, they're all the same, just some are masterworks. I'm going off Luke Smith's comments about they're still trying to figure out how to make your 10th Better Devils different.  I'm now on my 37th and they still haven't figure that out.  I'm hppeful that someday, it will be different.  But I won't hold my breath.

x3krw.jpg

• sgtcoy likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 737 posts

Bring back Random Rolls

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

Unfortunately I was being sarcastic.  That was what made the game fun in D1.  I know we hit this a million times but that was the fun about getting drops.  You always looked at the rolls and decided if it was worth trying out or if it was shard material. 

Hopefully they can get a grip back on the game and get it fixed before everyone (like me) loses hope and just chalks it up to a game with enormous potential but fell flat when they tried to appease the few and not worry about the many...

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Bring back Random Rolls

I don't think random rolls are coming back, ever.   At least not in D2.  I am hopeful for Mods 2.0.  What I think Mods 2.0 will be is:

- All weapons will get two open mods slots

- All perks will become a mod

- You have to do activities to get specific perks (i.e. must run heroic strikes to get the outlaw perk). etc.

- You'll be able to install the mod/perk you want on what ever gun you want

This will allow you to make you gun, what you want it to be.

But this is just my speculation.

Unfortunately I was being sarcastic.  That was what made the game fun in D1.  I know we hit this a million times but that was the fun about getting drops.  You always looked at the rolls and decided if it was worth trying out or if it was shard material. 

Hopefully they can get a grip back on the game and get it fixed before everyone (like me) loses hope and just chalks it up to a game with enormous potential but fell flat when they tried to appease the few and not worry about the many...

38th BD dropped last night.  LOL

I'm still having fun in D2.  But I'm definitely a minority.  I still enjoy PvP.  I just play to keep occupied and get better.

I'm hopeful as well that they can bring the game back to where we're talking about fun stuff instead of the salt.  Unfortunately, they're behind the 8-ball and there are too many other games that are holding people's interest for now.  We'll see what happens.

What I find funny is this.  When they announced that D2 was going to be on PC, I was worried about this forum becoming a PC master race salt fest.  

Boy, am I feeling stupid now.  

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this