Photo

Midnight Coup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Is a Legendary Hand Cannon only available via the Leviathan raid.  I got it a couple of weeks ago just after they made the change that it can drop at any point in the raid rather than at the end.  To top it off, it was a Masterworks version of it as well.

I've read a few reviews and decided I wanted to try it out in the Crucible. It's not that great of a PvE weapon in my opinion.

I've not used hand cannons in the Crucible much as they are not in a great place on consoles right now.  But I'm trying to play outside of the meta.  I love my Better Devils in PvE though.  It doesn't do well for me in PvP.  But the Midnight Coup is a slightly faster rate of fire than the Better Devils and I actually did pretty well with it.  I ran 19 Crucible games yesterday, and had 66 kills.  Some games I just got powned badly.  But some games I had 7 and 8 kills with it.  

The range is not great, but for mid to short engagements it's great.  There were times I got a precision kill and wondered how did I get that. Other times I had my opponent down to one shot and then couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  So bloom is a factor.

I'm hoping with the upcoming sandbox changes, that Hand Cannons see a little love and become "crispy" as they've been described on PC.

• DaniArrow, R MK XXV and sgtcoy like this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I haven't gotten this one yet, I'm also missing the DFA which is supposed to be as good. 

My main weapon on my Warlock is the Judgement HC (Trials) just because of overall good stats and on my Hunter the Better Devils, probably still the best HC in game for PvE and PvP alike. Honestly it bothers me a little that Better Devils, which dropped within the first 2 weeks of playing, is still the best. I want a better one to grind for.  :laugh:  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

I tried it out as well in the Crucible.  I only played one match with it.  I had a couple of good kills with it but other than that it was miss after miss. 

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 147 posts

what's the hand cannon that drops for the nightfall?, that is suppose to be good, i tried to get it last night.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

what's the hand cannon that drops for the nightfall?, that is suppose to be good, i tried to get it last night.

It's the D.F.A.  Supposedly it's similar to Better Devils.  (I have about 82 of the BD).  I need something new.

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 147 posts

yes i have a btter devils which i used in crucible but it sometimes reloads when you dont need it too.

I want a new punchy hand cannon.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I finally got the DFA. Higher score nightfall works better than spamming speed runs.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

I finally got the DFA. Higher score nightfall works better than spamming speed runs.

grrr

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I still play the Midnight Coup. I have all the other legendary hand cannons except Lunas Howl and that other one you get from competitive and Midnight Coup is still a great choice. 

Other HCs I play are Nation of Beasts and Better Devils (got both with Outlaw & Kill Clip) and Trust.