• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I'm actually excited about this event.

https://twitter.com/...302737467027456

Crimson Days begins in Destiny 2 on Tuesday, February 13. At the heart of the weeklong event is a 2v2 Crucible playlist intended to get your blood pumping as you and a friend test your bonds to the breaking point. This celebration of teamwork will last one week!

The combat scenario is 2v2 Clash with a round-based twist. We will also be debuting The Burnout, a new take on The Burning Shrine set in a future timeline where the Vex have succeeded in altering our reality. 

The sun is darkened and the only Light to be found comes from you and your partner fighting as one. Stay in close proximity to your partner and your abilities recharge at a faster rate. Stray too far, and your enemies will be given a waypoint leading to your location. If you can’t find a partner, don’t worry. We’ll play matchmaker and find one for you.

The Rewards

The best way to earn rewards during Crimson Days is to compete in the Crimson Days Crucible playlist, and we’ve tuned the experience to focus on rewarding single-character play. Most rewards are found within a new Crimson Engram, with all contents on a “knock-out” list, preventing you from receiving duplicate items until you’ve earned all of the new gear.

No matter which activity you play in Destiny 2 during Crimson Days, every player will receive both an Illuminated Engram and a Crimson Engram when they level up. Crimson Engrams are only earnable through gameplay, and are not capped or limited during the event. To qualify, you need only to reach the level cap for your Guardian (that’s 25 if you’ve acquired Expansion 1; 20 if you haven’t).

There are also five new rewards found exclusively for players who complete the following:

• Complete the milestone “Welcome to Crimson Days” by finishing five Crimson Days matches and visiting Lord Shaxx in the Tower to earn the Fire of the Crimson Days Emblem and the Tirastrella Exotic Ghost Shell.

• Complete matches in the Crimson Days Crucible playlist for a chance to earn the Undeterred Exotic Sparrow.

• Complete either the Leviathan Raid or the Raid Lair: Eater of Worlds to claim the Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament for Wardcliff Coil from the final chest.

• Complete the Nightfall Strike during the Crimson Days event to earn the Flaunting Dance Emote.

Crimson Engrams will only be earnable through gameplay, but if you’re looking to directly purchase a specific item, Tess will also offer a selection of the Crimson Engram contents in exchange for the Bright Dust you are holding. Gear purchased with Bright Dust will also count towards the “knock-out” list mechanic described above, preventing duplicate items unless you have already earned all the rewards. 

Every reward item obtained from a Crimson Engram can also be dismantled for Bright Dust, including event-specific shaders.

Crimson Days will begin next Tuesday, February 13, and conclude on the weekly reset at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, February 20. If you’ve yet to find a dance partner, now is the time. We’ll see you in the arena

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

The Burning Shrine sounds interesting. Don't know if I'll log back in just for that, but if a friend invited me I'd probably hop on and try it out.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

Might try and organise some time with a friend to at least complete the milestone. I admittedly never experienced Crimson Days in 2016, so I don't entirely know what to expect. But a Burning Shrine reskin? Hell yeah!
Hopefully that'll appear in the COO quickplay and competitive playlists. It was a solid D1 map, and if they had to choose another this was definitely the way to go.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

Hopefully that'll appear in the COO quickplay and competitive playlists. It was a solid D1 map, and if they had to choose another this was definitely the way to go.

i have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of D1 maps. I think it's the only way to make 6v6 game mode viable.  I'm okay with this.  As long as they don't bring back Black Shield.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

i have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of D1 maps. I think it's the only way to make 6v6 game mode viable.  I'm okay with this.  As long as they don't bring back Black Shield.

Jeez, Michael, you have a problem with Black Shield? I didn't figure that after the last three or four times you said it.  :P

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

@Michael - will you grant me the honor of being your partner?  (Yep, that's exactly how it's supposed to sound. lol)

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

@Michael - will you grant me the honor of being your partner?  (Yep, that's exactly how it's supposed to sound. lol)

C'mon Michael, don't leave the guy hanging.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I'm game. :banana:

C'mon Michael, don't leave the guy hanging.

I was in Boston yesterday so I wasn't able to reply.  

• Kingdomville likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

:thanks:

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

After a very long stressful day yesterday.  I blew the engine on my car, etc etc...  I finally got to play a little Crimson Days last night.  I played 3 games.  I like the game mode.  I just need to get some strategy going since I'm being paired with a blueberry.  

Plus I was tired, so I wasn't played well.

All three games were against a fireteam.  I lost the first two games, but that was more me learning the game mode and tiredness than anything.  The thrid game, we were down 2 rounds to 0. We came back and won.  We won the tie breaker round.  My teammate made a huge play at the end.  Yeah.

I like this game mode.  I can definitely see how it's better two have two players talking to each other.  But a W can be had with blueberries.  

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

After a very long stressful day yesterday.  I blew the engine on my car, etc etc...  I finally got to play a little Crimson Days last night.  I played 3 games.  I like the game mode.  I just need to get some strategy going since I'm being paired with a blueberry.  

Plus I was tired, so I wasn't played well.

All three games were against a fireteam.  I lost the first two games, but that was more me learning the game mode and tiredness than anything.  The thrid game, we were down 2 rounds to 0. We came back and won.  We won the tie breaker round.  My teammate made a huge play at the end.  Yeah.

I like this game mode.  I can definitely see how it's better two have two players talking to each other.  But a W can be had with blueberries.  

I might actually try using a headset for once this time round. I never usually use chat features in games (social anxiety is fun), but communication feels very key here.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I might actually try using a headset for once this time round. I never usually use chat features in games (social anxiety is fun), but communication feels very key here.

Yes and no.

I played two games yesterday.  I was tired.  Sorry, three games. the second game, my random left me after the first round, so I quit. I'm not good enough to do 2 v 1 and they were good.

First game with random against a fireteam. I'm not on comms.

We were on Retribution.  The random and I went to the room with heavy and controlled it the whole game with grenades.  We won that round, but it was boring as they didn't push much at all.

Third game on Alter of Flames.  The other team was just good.  Warlock flying overhead with SMG, hunter on the ground with AR.  It was tough.  We lost...

It's all about controlling the heavy and if you can get a good angle on the opponent.  But comms would definitely help to with the strategery...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I actually enjoyed the Crimson days crucible. But it definitely needs some adjusting.  Titan's spamming double pulse grenades in ridiculous.

If you go in as a randoms and one leaves, you don't get the buff, and you're constantly shown with a waypoint.

All in all though, it is a fun game mode.  But it would be more fun being able to communicate.  

On day 2. That is the second day of the event.  I've got a total of 36 kills in Crimson days, my emblem says so.  I'm up against a team who one player who's emblem says he has 886 kills.  ON DAY TWO!!!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1527 posts

Hmmm, I've managed to get the exotic sparrow and a ghost just by logging in.

On the first day I logged in, went to Tes and received an engram that gave me a ghost.

Then logged off.

2 days, did the same thing but received the sparrow.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

I've just been playing normal stuff (Flashpoint and Strikes )  haven't done any of the Crimson Days stuff , not that great a Crucible and I don't want to hear any crap because I'm bad ! I may try a match or 2  this weekend ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I haven't gotten any of the exotic stuff from Crimson Days. But I haven't been trying.  I didn't play Destiny on Friday as it was my Daughter's 25th birthday and we took her out.  Saturday I played about an hour, then played HZD from about 830am to 130am.  Sunday I played HZD for about another 10 hours.  Almost done with the main story.