Photo

Sidearms

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Destiny 2 Sidearms (8 member(s) have cast votes)

In Destiny do you use Sidearms , I'm just curious

1. Yes , They have there value (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No , they are a complete waste of space (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4158 posts

I was just wondering the other day how many people use side arms , I really don't see much use for them and end up sharding most , what about you ! 

• str8upnobs likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 406 posts

I kid you not, Sidearms are quite literally one of my favourite weapon classes in the game. Vertical Orbit QSM, Minimum Distance, Urchin 3-SI, Last Hope - love 'em. although I have to admit, the SUROS sidearms are pretty 'meh' for me. Hope I get Rat King one day!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5071 posts

In D1, I was a sidearm user WAY before sidearms became the meta at the end.  

I don't really use them in D2, I use an SMG (Out Of Options) more than anything.  I don't like the 3 burst sidearms.  Too many just run around with The Last Hope trying to gun you down.

I just got my Rat King two weeks ago.  It's in the vault.

• str8upnobs and Vipertec like this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 73 posts

Waste of space for me. Why run a sidearm when I could run a Uriels, Sun Shot, or the like? Tried to use the Rat King, but it felt pretty pointless too. Even with perk proc'd with other fireteam members using it.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4158 posts

In D1, I was a sidearm user WAY before sidearms became the meta at the end.  

I don't really use them in D2, I use an SMG (Out Of Options) more than anything.  I don't like the 3 burst sidearms.  Too many just run around with The Last Hope trying to gun you down.

I just got my Rat King two weeks ago.  It's in the vault.

I like the one you got from Petra in D1 (House of Wolves) it put Captains with shields down pretty quick , I never got the Dregs Promise  , until October of last year when I saw it available it the Exotics Kiosk , but I think most of the new ones are pretty useless , my girlfriend got one the other day she likes and has been using it in IB , but I forget the name of it , (old age is setting in ! ) 

• sgtcoy likes this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 133 posts

i can never get sidearms and even submachines guns, too short range and erratic.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5071 posts

I've been using The Traveler's Judgement a few times with good results.  I'm just tired of seeing the Last Hope.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 406 posts

I'm glad we're talking about Sidearms again, because I need to give a shoutout to my Vertical Orbit QSM. This isn't the first time I've talked about, but seriously, roll this thing with a stability Masterwork and attach a Kinetic Loader mod, and you have yourself one hell of a weapon. It can even compete at longer ranges than most Sidearms can.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

My first Master Work gun I got this weekend was a Vertical Orbit QSM.  Granted I only tried it out sparingly in between using only Uriels but I didn't shard it which has got to say something. 

• Kingdomville likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5071 posts

My first Master Work gun I got this weekend was a Vertical Orbit QSM.  Granted I only tried it out sparingly in between using only Uriels but I didn't shard it which has got to say something. 

So.. You're playing again?  Yeah!!!

I've actually moved away from sidearms.  The funny thing is, since the 1.1.4 update, I've been using pulse rifles (Darkest Before) like crazy.  I've gotten over 1000 kills with the Darkest Before and over a 1000 kills with the Play of the game GL.

I keep going back to the Travellers Judgement 5 on occasion, but fail miserably when I'm out of range.  I have started staying back in engagements and my K/D has gone up this IB.  The Sidearm just doesn't fit my current play style.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 406 posts

It can take a bit of time to get used to, depending on your play-style, but it's very competitive in the right hands. It'll probably do you better in team-based playlists, but good luck!  :D

So.. You're playing again?  Yeah!!!

I've actually moved away from sidearms.  The funny thing is, since the 1.1.4 update, I've been using pulse rifles (Darkest Before) like crazy.  I've gotten over 1000 kills with the Darkest Before and over a 1000 kills with the Play of the game GL.

I keep going back to the Travellers Judgement 5 on occasion, but fail miserably when I'm out of range.  I have started staying back in engagements and my K/D has gone up this IB.  The Sidearm just doesn't fit my current play style.

Yeah, even I noticed that Sidearms struggled more in 6v6. SMG's and AR's will probably do you better.