Photo

Masterwork Armor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5071 posts

I am wondering what your thoughts on the future Masterwork Armor is.

I'm kind of worried on the "Masterwork armor provides increased damage reduction while using your super" statement.

I run the 3 shot golden gun hunter.  I have had many instances where I have shot a Fist of Havoc Titan running towards me and only took off a portion of his health with one hit. It took multiple hits to kill him.  The same with the Stormcaller.  But yet, they can one hit kill me in my super.  

Has anyone else had this issue with what seems to be inbalanced supers? i.e. one super can one hit kill another super, but others can't.

I'm excited about the Masterwork armor as we'll be able to reroll the mobility, resilience and recovery stats.  This will give me more to chase to get that perfect set of armor I want.

Curtivobrady

Curtivobrady

Apprentice

• 50 posts

honestly I think its just random I run a FOH titan and get one shotted as well and sometimes it takes 2 slams to kill storm caller or hammer titan

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

Titans are meant to be tanks, Hunters are supposed to be faster  than Titans.. So its your fault if a FoH Titan slams you to oblivion. Ofcourse, if you dont seem them coming then its not your fault.

Use your speed against the other classes

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 406 posts

It seems that masterwork armour will at least be able to let us reroll the stat bonuses on our armour (Mobility, Resilience, Recovery), which is good, because we ALL know that Mobility does next to nothing as a stat currently. Hunters, you're going to finally get a chance to be on a more even playing field with the Warlocks and Titans (yes, as a Warlock main, I still think that Hunters are getting completely shafted in this area)!

However, I have to mostly disagree when you suggest that there is an inbalance between Supers. While it may be infuriating to be one-hit-fisted-out-of-the-sky in the heat of the moment, it makes sense from the perspective of what the classes are all about. Titans are tanky, Hunters are 'fast' (more on that in a moment), and Warlocks are tricky. So most Hunters, with the exception of perhaps the Arcstrider, should ideally be killed in a single slam.

With that being said, there IS still an existing inbalance, because Hunters have Mobility as their main stat, WHICH DOESN'T DAMN WELL DO ANYTHING. When Warlocks and Titans have the ability to stack their newfound damage resistance on top of their already high armour and recovery, you are left with a third-class that really struggles to compete.

With all this said, I would like to have Masterwork armour do more than just this. What about something like, I don't know, increasing the benefits granted by the armour piece's mod? There's more that can be expanded on here; let's just hope it does get expanded upon.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5071 posts

Titans are meant to be tanks, Hunters are supposed to be faster  than Titans.. So its your fault if a FoH Titan slams you to oblivion. Ofcourse, if you dont seem them coming then its not your fault.

Use your speed against the other classes

I'm talking about a Titan in FoH mode that is half the map away.  In D1 I could shoot them and they'd be toast.  But in D2, I've had instances where it only does partial damage per GG shot, which I don't understand. 

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

Haha I play a Stormcaller and 50% of the time I'm just being shot out of my super before I can even do anything. Not even by a golden gun, just by random ARs.