Photo

Faction Rally

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 151 posts

Just when Bungie couldn't get any dumber they roll out the faction rally. You only get the 1 gun until the champion is announced and you get that weapon for a total of 2. Lol. Then they cap how many tokens you can earn in say 10 minutes from lost sectors and public events.

Sound frustrating yet? Have no fear because you can buy a ghost shell with dust or real money to increase the tokens you get.

Sound like their listening yet? The writing is on the wall guys. I was hoping for a fix by year 5 or 6 but now I see it will not change. They are refusing to accept the backlash and they are continuing with what has lead everyone to play other games and drop D2 entirely.

Can't say that I'm surprised but this would be enough to drive the remaining loyalists to tears. What are your thoughts on this for those who are still playing? Slap in the face or giving them a pass?

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 252 posts

I came back to D2 this week for faction rallies ,I personally dont care about the weapons they are all bland reskin static roll garbage.

I just run around in crucible using Uriel's gift and a sword same as day one, don't even need a Kenetic for crucible or PvE for that matter seen as ghost gunsmith telemetry only rewards elemental kills.(really what is the point of kenetic weapons?)

I got the exotic ghost just by dismantling sparrows and ships on my 3 toons.

Iron banner and faction rallies are just cosmetic events now days until better weapons come along or random rolls.

I'm just trying to grind for the new shaders and armor ornaments, the drop rate for illuminate engrams must have increased because im getting five every 2 and a half hours of game play.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 366 posts

Faction Rally isn't anything that's going to fix Destiny 2 right now, but I think for what it does achieve, it's still good.
The only dumb part is the token throttle. There's already a cap on the number of rewards you can get, so what's the point of just increasing the time it takes to get tokens anyway? I'm mostly just in it for the New Monarchy Shaders anyway, although I am also missing the Sniper Rifle.
This is one of the reasons consumable Shaders are starting to annoy me: how else am I supposed to get any more before the next Faction Rally comes around? I've still got four pieces of armour on my Warlock that I want to apply these to, about eight on my Titan and something like THIRTEEN on my Hunter. And once Masterwork armour rolls around, I'll probably dismantle a bunch of the stuff that I have applied shaders to! If you're not going to make them permanent, why not also add these shaders to Eververse once a player acquires them from the faction they pledge to? Hello?
*sigh*
But beyond that, I have basically no complaints. While it sucks that the new weapons haven't been properly added to the new loot pool, at least we know that we will still be getting them at some point in the future. I'll give them a pass for it, but this is becoming a fine line.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4081 posts

I decide to pass on the Faction rally this time around the past 2  were really disappointing , I only got a total of 2 armor drops 1 from each rally ( a bond for my 'lock in the first one and a helmet for my Titan in the 2nd one) and a whole shit ton of useless weapons so I decided the grind just wasn't worth it this time around.

The whole Faction rally is just a dumb idea , I liked the way it was in D1 .   

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4963 posts

I'm just playing my normal Destiny 2 stuff and what ever tokens I get, I turn in.  

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 64 posts

I gave D2  a break last week. 1st time since launch that I haven't played any at all. Imo Faction Rallies have been pointless from the start, so you're take on them means nothing to me (Not in a d***ish way either, it just doesn't). At this point I'd imagine I'll probably stay on hiatus for D2 until some big changes/content drop, or my clan decides to continue with end game content. Whichever comes first. For now I'm content exploring Egypt in AC:Origins. Off topic, but they really made a good call giving that franchise a much needed break and rethinking their game/gameplay loop/s.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4963 posts

I actually played D1 Mayhem Clash yesterday with a bunch of folks from my clan and had a blast.  We then went into Private matches and still had a blast.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 151 posts

Faction Rallies have always been pointless.  It is a flawed concept.  D1 the factions were a source of an extra "reward" and you earned them whenever you played.  Don't think I have any arguments about D2 going the wrong direction regarding this. 

My source of amusement was simply the lack of information and Pay to Win again.  It wasn't until people complained about not getting tokens after doing multiple "different" activities, say multiple lost sectors, that after the 2nd one they did they no longer received tokens.  I understand that people abused the exploit the last Faction Rally but where was the information letting players know that after they did 2 lost sectors in 10 minutes they had to wait 10 minutes to get more tokens.  Just terrible communication which has been par for the course. 

The second source of utter stupidity is selling a ghost shell that gives you more tokens for actual money or if you had enough dust saved up you could get it.  Why not offer it up as a potential drop from an activity?  Just more shortsightedness coming from Bungie.  If you want cool stuff that helps you a ton in the game you have to pay big money for it. 

You would think after making blunder after blunder, a light bulb would turn on and they would see how they have diluted the game with microtransactions and poor gameplay choices.  But they won't and we will await the next poor move they will make in the coming weeks/month/years. 

• Art of War likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1511 posts

New Monarchy claims its third victory. 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 366 posts

New Monarchy claims its third victory. 

GLORY TO THE MONARCHY!

:thumbsup:

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1511 posts

GLORY TO THE MONARCHY!

:thumbsup:

I admit.  That's who I joined.

I still needed the leg armor to complete a full set of armor.

I played enough to receive 4 packages, then I was done. 

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 366 posts

I admit.  That's who I joined.

I still needed the leg armor to complete a full set of armor.

I played enough to receive 4 packages, then I was done. 

I'm mostly just in it for the shaders. Other than that, from a lore perspective, they're the most pure and morally upheld faction anyway.