Photo

The grind

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 126 posts

I feel that when I was playing D! I didn't mind the grind for rewards etc, I know the drop rate at the start was tough but it seem to even out and the fact you had to work to get great weapon rolls.  You knew by doing a riad you might get another item you already owned but you could infuse it.  That was the pleasure for many.

We have come away from things being fun and it is taking itself too seriously, the company seem intent on throwing updates to patch up errors which should never have been there.  Are we being listened too?.

A ten year game it was said, at the moment I cannot see it lasting to that point.

D2 seems to have blown that away, you get things far too easily and with not a lot of perks.  I am all for testing new modes and new ways and I enjoy the 4x4 pvp, I use to hate pvp.  why not leave a choice?. The downside is you split things up and then you will end up with two tier players like with trials.  Not everyone got the rewards etc.

My point here was I loved grinding out for strange coin and then earning the right to buy from xur, now we just get it handed to us so easily.  Remember the treasure keys hunt now that was fun.

Bungie is very keen on fire teams but it doesn't seem to making things inviting enough to keep people wanting more.

Just my opinion.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 366 posts

I feel that when I was playing D! I didn't mind the grind for rewards etc, I know the drop rate at the start was tough but it seem to even out and the fact you had to work to get great weapon rolls.  You knew by doing a riad you might get another item you already owned but you could infuse it.  That was the pleasure for many.

We have come away from things being fun and it is taking itself too seriously, the company seem intent on throwing updates to patch up errors which should never have been there.  Are we being listened too?.

A ten year game it was said, at the moment I cannot see it lasting to that point.

D2 seems to have blown that away, you get things far too easily and with not a lot of perks.  I am all for testing new modes and new ways and I enjoy the 4x4 pvp, I use to hate pvp.  why not leave a choice?. The downside is you split things up and then you will end up with two tier players like with trials.  Not everyone got the rewards etc.

My point here was I loved grinding out for strange coin and then earning the right to buy from xur, now we just get it handed to us so easily.  Remember the treasure keys hunt now that was fun.

Bungie is very keen on fire teams but it doesn't seem to making things inviting enough to keep people wanting more.

Just my opinion.

I can half-agree.

While I understand what Bungie was trying to achieve by toning down the Grind, the idea that casual players will get things faster and be less afflicted by the Grind, they failed to foresee that those people these systems were designed for wouldn't stick around, because that's exactly how they play: casually. And while I don't necessarily agree that features such as random weapon roles should make a return, I can definitely understand most people's frustration.

It's pretty clear at this point that Bungie still don't know what they want Destiny to be.  I've still got faith in them, but I'd be lying if I said it isn't waning. As a matter of fact, I think what would do the company best at the moment is to not only be more thoughtful of veteran and hardcore player interests, but to make a simple apology. For the love of everything Bungie, swallow your pride for a moment, and admit your mistakes. It's all well and good to say that you're listening, but it's no good to be afraid of addressing your faults head-on.

I love this franchise. I love it dearly. It's an escape for me. A place where I can tune out from the real world and absorb the wonders of someone else's amazing imagination. I want the company and our community to be friends, because the very idea of a friendship is exactly what we've got going: telling each other what works and what doesn't.

Sorry, that got a little soppy towards the end there.  :laugh:  But yeah, I'm hoping Bungie finds their footing.

• sgtcoy likes this