Photo

Bungie Desitny 2 Blog Update 1-11-2018

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

Well, today is the big day. The day we will get the word from Bungie as to where Destiny 2 is heading.  Some of the things that Christopher Barrett has already leaked that will be discussed.

Collectibles

Armor and weapon mods

PVP

rumble

I'm excited for this update to see what they plan and hopefully have some dates in it.

Once the update is out, let's discuss it and your thoughts.

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

Curious as to what comes out of it as well. Hopefully some good reasons to keep playing. Sooner rather than later, as now that I've got my white whale (Orpheus Rig) I'm running out of reasons to play. Other than just to kill time/have fun till our clan decides they want to participate in prestige content.

I have 3 toons  at 332-335, all toons kitted out with masterwork weapons that I wanted, all exotics I want (only really missing Crimson and the Warlock helmet that looks like a crown), kinda at that point where I either get some content worth pushing forward for, or I jump into something else. And the bad thing about me jumping into something else is there is a good chance I don't come back like in D1. I made one vain attempt to come back to D1 when PoE released and was so severely underwhelmed I never booted up D1 again. So here's hoping for some exciting news.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 737 posts

I just read through the DESTINY 2 - DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 1-11-18...

There are a few improvements that caught my eye, Private Matches, 6v6 PvP, and removing NF timer.

Mods 2.0 - "Work is underway on a full rework of armor and weapon mods." I'll believe it when I see it. They have a long, long, long way to go get back to the awesomeness of D1 weapons and armor.... and I don't think the Masterwork implementation will be sufficient. 

Overall... I'm underwhelmed. I'd say it's roughly about 40% of what I was hoping for.

Link: https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/46567

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 178 posts

Good intentions from what I’m seeing but no exact timetable for most of these changes combined with the fact that the implementation of previous features has been rocky so far, I’ll wait. These bullet points address a lot of the smaller issues but give no mention of some of the bigger ones (lack of story content, more subclass options, balancing that takes place more than once per DLC, etc.).

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 412 posts

There was an awful lot to process in this update.
Personally, I think the biggest highlights were:
- 6v6 PVP. While there isn't a problem with 4v4, 6v6 PVP should certainly make a return as it creates a more chaotic and heated experience.
- Masterwork Armour. Armour is a little lackluster in Destiny 2's current state, and while I certainly hope that they'll come up with more than just "reducing the amount of damage you take while in your Super", it's certainly a step in the right direction.
- Masterwork Exotics. Well it's about damn time! Considering that there is quite literally no customisation for Exotics currently, this is a welcome change that will hopefully allow us to tailor our Exotic Weapons and Armour (hopefully) to our playstyles.
- Eververse changes. Need I say more?
- Mod buffs. It's no secret that Mods feel kind of underpowered at this point, so this is certainly a welcome change.
- Duplicate Exotic reductions. Again, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. Like I've said before, a duplicate every once in a while is okay, but if your luck is like mine, you're currently getting Aeon Soul after Aeon soul from Cayde after every bloody Flashpoint, and decrypting Hard Light after Hard Light from every engram.
- Private Matches. As much as these should've been included from launch, WHOOOOOOO.
- Heroic Strike modifiers. These are what really made Heroic Strikes so fun! Good to see the modifiers return.

As much as it's all just talk right now, I'd still be lying if I didn't say I breathed a deep sigh of relief reading this update.
More importantly, Faction Rally next week! Can't wait to speak to my boy Hideo again.
  • michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

They are all the changes I'd like to see.  But I'm happy with what I read.  I'm excited about the Crucible changes.  I just hope we can get select modes instead of random modes. That's probably the one disappointing thing for me that was not mentioned in this update.

I'm excited about Masterwork armor. I just hope we are able to get more cores.  But it's the grind, which I am okay with.

• Kingdomville likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

I like hearing the 6v6 changes in Crucible but as Michael said, still no mention of being able to select the game mode you want to play.  Seems silly not to give you the option to choose rather than leaving it up to chance.  Baby steps I guess.  Can't expect them to fix everything all at once or they wouldn't have anything to fix in a month or two. 

Still not quite enough for me to come back but hopefully the next DLC will be the gamechanger!!!! 

• Kingdomville likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4170 posts

I like what I saw , especially taking the timer off of NightFall , I would like to have seen them add Mayhem into the rotation but it is what it is . I'm also hoping the duplicate Exotic thing gets fixed ,"you won't get the same one back to back " , that means I'll still get Ophidian Aspect every other one ! 

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

I like what I saw , especially taking the timer off of NightFall , I would like to have seen them add Mayhem into the rotation but it is what it is . I'm also hoping the duplicate Exotic thing gets fixed ,"you won't get the same one back to back " , that means I'll still get Ophidian Aspect every other one ! 

Yes, so glad they took the timer off NF! Completed ~16 prestige NF's so far, but really don't care for the timed mechanic. Especially if you're trying to get an inexperienced guardian through a prestige NF.

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 131 posts

Honestly, i do like whats comming, its like tweaking the existing iteration of the game while keeping the core elements that i liked about D2, i guess its kinda like Tefty said on this tweet, " if you dont play D2 anymore, this wont bring you back, but if you still play, you have a lot to be excited" and i am, i mean getting masterwork armor, 6 vs 6 and on top of that a new expansion that will surely be buffed after what happened with CoO.

some of the changes will come in the next couple of months so i hope that along with what we alredy got has me engaged the rest of the year.

• str8upnobs and Kingdomville like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

6v6 in D2 is going to be interesting.  I'm so used to 4v4 now.  Plus most of the maps are smaller and built for 4v4. So we'll see what happens. 

I agree, this announcement isn't going to bring back people in droves.  But I think as they get tired of the new games they'll come back to try out things as they come on line.  

I've seen a lot of complaints about Masterwork armor and it's only been announced.  They said MW armor is coming on line and then both MW weapons and armor will be tweaked at a later date. At least we're getting it and see where it can go from there.  I'd like to see if you get MW armor, you can reroll the stats on it.  We'll see.

I was thinking last night. I used to get home from work and plant myself in Destiny and play PvP all night.  Because of the current game rotation format, I get my call to arms done and then I'm out.  Something needs to change there.

Overall, this is a good step.  We'll see what comes to fruition and what might need to be tweaked again. 

The big thing is. THEY'RE DOING SOMETHING...

• str8upnobs and Kingdomville like this

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 178 posts

I will say that I don’t believe a damn thing they say regarding their intentions with Eververse. They knew what they were doing there. Some of the less detailed bits such as changes to weapon systems and the like need more detail before they launch them. The problems with all of this are that a) while these are good changes on paper, the actual implementation could very well work poorly like Three of Coins and b) a lot of these features should have launched with the game in the first place and yet we won’t see most of these until the fall which makes me wonder if Bungie will make any of the major changes or just rest on their laurels again.
  • Art of War and sgtcoy like this

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 257 posts

My thoughts, everything in the blog update sounds really good but it is only a Bungie wishlist and how well is it all going to be implimented? (AND ALL OF THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BASE GAME!)

They are addressing duplicates? excuse me Bungie but after you have played Destiny 2 for 40hrs everything is a duplicate!

The mod system no matter how good will never replace random rolls, but a good mod system with random rolls weapons and armour, now thats how you make D2 better than D1.

But the BIG but for me is they said nothing about bringing back the power grind they said was too difficult to do in Destiny 1 so if the greater rewards in game for completing activities are just cosmetics then to me we are still on a roundabout ride when Destiny 1 was a rollacoaster.Please Bungie stop worrying about balancing the game , we dont want esports, we want fun!

Bungie saying Eververse was never ment to be the end game (bullshit) but atleast we as a gaming community have got them(activision and EA) to change course from their predatory RNG lootboxes and that is a win.

Will I comeback?..........I will probaby dip in and out to see what has changed every now and again but we need a "Taken Queen" expansion.

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4170 posts

Yes, so glad they took the timer off NF! Completed ~16 prestige NF's so far, but really don't care for the timed mechanic. Especially if you're trying to get an inexperienced guardian through a prestige NF.

In Destiny 1 I did the NF all the time , but I have yet to do it in D2 because of the timer and I won't until the stupid timer is gone !! 

• wonega likes this

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 257 posts

In Destiny 1 I did the NF all the time , but I have yet to do it in D2 because of the timer and I won't until the stupid timer is gone !! 

I have only done the standed NF once and the Prestige never , far too tough with randoms I always enjoyed taking the cautious approach to NF but they must revert back to only dropping exotics to endgame content or there is no point in doing them every week.

They can add the timer as a mod to the heroic stike list for me some weeks if they wanted, as there is nothing better after a NF than to go ape mode in heroic.