Photo

(POLL) Would you buy Destiny 3 if it came out today?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I posted this poll yesterday on Bungie's forum asking whether people would buy Destiny 3 if it came out today based on the current state of the franchise. The results are pretty depressing although not entirely unexpected. We all know Destiny has the "potential" to be epic. Unfortunately nearing the halfway point of the Destiny franchise life cycle most people don't believe that potential will ever be realized.

poll.png

(Link to the poll: https://www.bungie.n.../Post/241679101 )

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5196 posts

Yes. I would.

• str8upnobs likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

I don't think I would at this point in time. 

The format is starting to get to me.

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 77 posts

Based on my experience so far, and my playtime. . . Yes, I'd spend $60 on D3.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

IN A HEARTBEAT, YES.
IT'S LIKE STOCKHOLM SYNDROME.
BUT I DON'T CARE.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

All you "Yes I'd buy Destiny 3" people should go vote in the poll because the Yes vote is getting killed on Bungie's forum lol.

poll2.png

Link to the poll: (https://www.bungie.n.../Post/241679101)

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4266 posts

You know I would , I voted on the poll . One thing that kills me is that all the people that say they wouldn't buy it (on the Bungie forum, where the poll is) say they don't play D2 , well if you don't play D2 why are you on the Destiny forums , just wondering .

• str8upnobs likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

For a lot of people, the reason they stick around the forums is because of the addiction of D1 and the letdown of D2.  Might not be the case for everyone but for players like me who haven't touched the game in 2 months, it is depressing because I would love to love it but I can't.  Guys like me hope that it changes so drastically that I would want to play it.  Now there are a lot of guys just being pot stirrers (if that's a word) but for others like me, talking Destiny is the next best thing. 

I wouldn't buy it if it were released today.  I would wait a few months to find out from others if it warranted my $60 dollar donation.  

• Art of War likes this

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 259 posts

They should only make D3 for whenever the next gen consoles come out and I hope its 4k and unlimited frame rates and dedicated servers.

If they make a D3 before then I would seriously question their motives.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 178 posts

No, I wouldn’t.
  • Art of War likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

Imagine if D3 came out in September...  I could envision 2v2 crucible with only 4 weapon choices in each category and after every match you get a exotic, 2 legendaries, and 123 tokens.  You would have to buy hours from Eververse to play.  5 dollars grants you 3 hours of playtime.  And the token system allowed every token, you received 4 legendaries and a exotic.  Only until multiple updates and changes puts it back where it was 4 years previously.  Kinda where my salty mind imagines this franchise going.   

• Art of War likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 77 posts

Imagine if D3 came out in September...  I could envision 2v2 crucible with only 4 weapon choices in each category and after every match you get a exotic, 2 legendaries, and 123 tokens.  You would have to buy hours from Eververse to play.  5 dollars grants you 3 hours of playtime.  And the token system allowed every token, you received 4 legendaries and a exotic.  Only until multiple updates and changes puts it back where it was 4 years previously.  Kinda where my salty mind imagines this franchise going.   

Now I agree that they've upped the drops, but that's a bit of a fantasy if you're implying that D2 drops are that frequent or anywhere near close to that. I think you need to put your mind on a low sodium diet, lol.

Edited by str8upnobs, 16 January 2018 - 09:26 AM.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5196 posts

BTW... There are rumors that Destiny 3 is currently in development...

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

BTW... There are rumors that Destiny 3 is currently in development...

Was there ever any doubt? D2 had already started development after Destiny launched, so this is hardly unexpected.

Although I imagine it'll be a VERY long time before we actually hear anything official about it.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

D2 was scrapped then put back together in 16 months. At least that is what I read (wasn't there to see it).  So for them to start now when D2 needs fixed it shows some real determination. 

Hopefully when and if they come out with a D3 it will be more like D1 and nothing like D2 minus the graphics and the uhhh, that other thing.  Never mind just make it more like D1.  lol

Imagine if they changed course and D3 had crucible 8v8 or 10v10 in a D2 sized maps or even some of D1.  Then made Mayhem with 10v10.  Can't tell me that wouldn't be amazing.  Couldn't take it seriously but the fun you would have.....  It would be a welcome change from the Crucible of D2 where everyone stays in a small tight group and no call outs are needed just shoot at the same guy and rinse and repeat.   

• Art of War likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

While it's nice to know that Bungie have got their sights set on the future, I am hoping that most of their team is still working on D2. They've still got at least two expansions to go, so they need to keep most of their head-space in the now. Maybe the storyboard and narrative team should be working on D3 a little bit, but beyond that, they shouldn't get ahead of themselves. I'd had to see D3 rebooted halfway through development as well.

• sgtcoy likes this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 147 posts

I think at the moment it would be a a fat NO as the game has really lost its interest and edge.  I appreciate it cannot always be the same as D1.  However so many of my hardcore gamer friends have gone to pl;ay other games and some haven't even bought D2.

It must be serious when your player base is dropping, or maybe I am wrong.

I am not one of the many destiny bashers of the game but I feel it is losing its gloss.

please tell me I am wrong.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5196 posts

While it's nice to know that Bungie have got their sights set on the future, I am hoping that most of their team is still working on D2. They've still got at least two expansions to go, so they need to keep most of their head-space in the now. Maybe the storyboard and narrative team should be working on D3 a little bit, but beyond that, they shouldn't get ahead of themselves. I'd had to see D3 rebooted halfway through development as well.

The development team has moved on to a new project.  It's the live team that's in control of D2 now. They're the ones that brought D1 to where it was when we left it for D2.  Hopefully they'll be successful with what they want to implement to make destiny great again.

• sgtcoy and Kingdomville like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4266 posts

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again , I still play this game and will continue to (it's actually the only game I play) . I'm not as in love with it as the first one but I still enjoy playing it , are there things I don't like , sure , but I like it enough top keep grinding on . Maybe just maybe , after the next DLC , write this off and get D3 off the ground , and yes I would buy it . That being said if and when Anthem comes out if the fall , if it is as good as it looks Destiny may lose me .

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5196 posts

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again , I still play this game and will continue to (it's actually the only game I play) . I'm not as in love with it as the first one but I still enjoy playing it , are there things I don't like , sure , but I like it enough top keep grinding on . Maybe just maybe , after the next DLC , write this off and get D3 off the ground , and yes I would buy it . That being said if and when Anthem comes out if the fall , if it is as good as it looks Destiny may lose me .

Anthem looks great. However,I don't like playing 3rd person.  For "me" it is disorienting.  I've tried to play Warframe (a 3rd person shooter) and gave up after the 1st mission as I was getting motion sick.  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

You guys need to check out the division. You would be amazed at the gear choices, weapon choices, and overall a great game. But it is a 3rd person shooter and this would be tough to get used to Michael.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4266 posts

You guys need to check out the division. You would be amazed at the gear choices, weapon choices, and overall a great game. But it is a 3rd person shooter and this would be tough to get used to Michael.

I tried the Division , didn't really like it at all , reminded me of GTA 

VaeVictus

VaeVictus

Recruit

• 16 posts

You know I would , I voted on the poll . One thing that kills me is that all the people that say they wouldn't buy it (on the Bungie forum, where the poll is) say they don't play D2 , well if you don't play D2 why are you on the Destiny forums , just wondering .

For me it's a morbid curiosity to see if others feel similarly to me. I had invested so much time and came to love Destiny 1 so much, that the disappointment morphed into disbelief. It's hard to let something go so easily I suppose. There is a pseudo revelry in the trashing of this game, a coping mechanism if you will. 

• sgtcoy likes this