Lost Prophecy farming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 131 posts

Hey guardians!

i have been doing whenever i have time in the holidays (becuase family is over and stuff) to grind materials for the lost prophecy tablets and man... it takes quite a while to gather what you need and from different sources too..

i want to complete them all but sometimes i have like 8 hours to play a week and i would love some tips on how to maximize my farm time.

so far what i do is that i get a tablet, then update the O.S o no wait thats a different kind of tablet, any way , i get the list of materials that i need and since basically getting blue's is almost impossible with my RNG i keep doing public events for greens..

now where is where i get sort of stuck.. the time between events in mercury is insane and sure i can go loot the lost sector and kill some bosses to gather coins but i feel that im wasting time that i could be using farming mats somewhere else...

so any ideas on whats the best way to get more for the time i got?

thanks in advance!

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

I finished up the prophecies this weekend, and imo (depending on what you like to play) heroic strike playlist and public events on EDZ or similarly farmable planet where you can basically go from PE to PE w/o much downtime. There is one item that does require either NF and/or trials completion. Fossilized Hermaion Blossom iirc. Also pro tip: Pop a scouting report when farming PE's , as local treasure chests also may contain the radiolarian that is the primary grind for most of the verses. Hope this all helps. That ghost shell is pretty cool looking, so it may be worth it to you.

Also, once you complete it once you can purchase the exotic shell for other characters through Ikora for 1k Legendary shards iirc.

Edited by str8upnobs, 27 December 2017 - 12:42 PM.

• Ollie1024 likes this

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 131 posts

Thanks a lot for that!

for some reason i had de impression that everything regarding the lost Prophecy needed to be comleted in mercury.. now that i know i can get most of if just farming public events i might try nassus as it is the flashpoint this week too!

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

Thanks a lot for that!

for some reason i had de impression that everything regarding the lost Prophecy needed to be comleted in mercury.. now that i know i can get most of if just farming public events i might try nassus as it is the flashpoint this week too!

No problem. I'm surprised they didn't lock the prophecy drops to Mercury alone, lol. Probably would have in D1, but after all the recent blow back in D2 they probably don't dare.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

So to get all the weapons you have to do a NF to get the materials ? I have three now and am working on # 4 , I wasn't planning on doing NF unless they take the timer off it , and Trials is not an option (I'm just not a good enough PVP player to do Trials ) so I guess I'll have to suck it up and do NF if I want to get all the weapons and the Sagira ghost shell ! 

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

So to get all the weapons you have to do a NF to get the materials ? I have three now and am working on # 4 , I wasn't planning on doing NF unless they take the timer off it , and Trials is not an option (I'm just not a good enough PVP player to do Trials ) so I guess I'll have to suck it up and do NF if I want to get all the weapons and the Sagira ghost shell ! 

Yes and no. . . Apparently they do drop from heroic strikes (I didn't know this). In my experience that's rare though. Iirc I almost always got one from completing the NF. You'll need 7 in total for these weapons to complete:

"As we mentioned above, Fossilized Hermaion Blossom is required for four of the 11 Lost Prophecies. These are the four weapons:

• Infinite Paths (Pulse Rifle)
  • Null Calamity 9 (Auto Rifle)
  • Traveler's Judgement (Sidearm)
  • West of Sunfall (Hand Cannon)"

"
Like engrams, Fossilized Hermaion Blossom is not a guaranteed drop. However, the ways of getting one in Destiny 2 gives you solid chances of finding one, but from our experience, you only get one dropped each time. To have a chance of receiving Fossilized Hermaion Blossom as a reward, play Trials of the Nine multiplayer, Heroic Strikes, and the weekly Nightfall."

P.S. - In short it may be worth trying to see what drop rate you get in Heroic strikes if you don't want to do NF. I could've been totally in zombie mode, and getting them to drop there too and not realizing it. They kind of just fling the loot directly at your face when completing these strikes, lol.

Edited by str8upnobs, 29 December 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 131 posts

i got 2 while doing the weekly heroic strikes, so i guess i need 2 more? is it one per tablet?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

Yes and no. . . Apparently they do drop from heroic strikes (I didn't know this). In my experience that's rare though. Iirc I almost always got one from completing the NF. You'll need 7 in total for these weapons to complete:

"As we mentioned above, Fossilized Hermaion Blossom is required for four of the 11 Lost Prophecies. These are the four weapons:

• Infinite Paths (Pulse Rifle)
  • Null Calamity 9 (Auto Rifle)
  • Traveler's Judgement (Sidearm)
  • West of Sunfall (Hand Cannon)"

"
Like engrams, Fossilized Hermaion Blossom is not a guaranteed drop. However, the ways of getting one in Destiny 2 gives you solid chances of finding one, but from our experience, you only get one dropped each time. To have a chance of receiving Fossilized Hermaion Blossom as a reward, play Trials of the Nine multiplayer, Heroic Strikes, and the weekly Nightfall."

P.S. - In short it may be worth trying to see what drop rate you get in Heroic strikes if you don't want to do NF. I could've been totally in zombie mode, and getting them to drop there too and not realizing it. They kind of just fling the loot directly at your face when completing these strikes, lol.

Thanks for the info !! 

Just a quick update , I ran 3  Heroic strikes today and got 1 fossilized Hermaion Blossom , so did my GF ! 

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

i got 2 while doing the weekly heroic strikes, so i guess i need 2 more? is it one per tablet?

I was thinking at least one prophecy called for more than one HB. . . But I'm not 100 on that, as the holidays have fuzzed my memory a bit.

Thanks for the info !! 

Just a quick update , I ran 3  Heroic strikes today and got 1 fossilized Hermaion Blossom , so did my GF ! 

Nice! Probably the best bet then if you're soloing, or don't have a full fireteam.