Destiny 2 the truth

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

That's what fanboys do.

Damn, I miss my "God Roll" Grasp of Malok (that I had to grind my ass off to get).

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

IF they bring back Icebreaker, its not going to be the same one that you loved in Destiny. 

Its main perk.  The perk that made Icebreaker worth using will be completely reworked.  Similar to how they re-released Crest of Alpha Lupe for Titans or Gravaton Forfit for Hunters, but their perks are nothing like their Destiny counterparts.  So you might ask for Icebreaker, but what you receive might be closer to the Hereafter. 

Would you really want to do that to Icebreaker?

Wasn't there a Twilight Zone where someone wish for someone to come back from the dead and it happened and that person was a shell of themselves and horrible to those who wanted them back?  

Really dont get why Michael and str8upnobs in particular (but probably everyone to be honest) dont seem to understand my posts , ill say it again I dont have a problem with Eververse  selling cosmetics and consumables at all, I have never felt like I needed to spend money and I know I can get all that stuff from bright engrams.

My entire post was about explaining why Destiny 2 is BLAND and will stay BLAND because everthing we enjoyed grinding for in Destiny 1 has been removed from destiny 2 , what we are left with is a superficial grind for cosmetics and consumables because these are the only items eververse can sell without people calling it pay to win.(eg:-what where your favourite weapons in Destiny 1 and what was the story behind how you got them?, and what are your favourite weapons in Destiny 2 and what was your story in getting them?)

I dont thik you get it or want to get it , you just seem to want to defend a game you like while not engaging in my argument at all.

Bungie release news about The Dawning it's all about cosmetics and consumables the only thing related to power or weapons in their blog is a snowball which will probably be the most fun thing to do.

Calling me out, eh?  LOL.

I get it.  

Things I miss the grind for. Exotic class items. Exotic Swords.  I remember I found out about the exotic swords in TTK and I worked my arse off for them.  I got them all ready, all I had to do was get a team and do the sunless cell.  At that time I wasn't able to team up with anyone. Then I got Ubo to help and we got two of them done in one run.  That was a blast.

I remember running with Hockeydad and someone else all night trying to get Black Spindle, but we kept dying, but after a few hours, we got it. 

Yes, I miss those types of grinds myself.

• sgtcoy, wonega and HockeyDad21 like this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

*head spinning*

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

I'm pretty sure we farmed the Omnigal strike in our clan for bare minimum 4-6 hours chasing after GOM.  When one needed to go another jumped in and continued farming.  Had a blast.  Same with Black Spindle.  I ran it with tons of guys in our clan and helped as many people get the Spindle as possible.  Calcified Fragments were awesome to find (while exploring from day 1, without youtube), it made it very enjoyable.  I enjoyed "testing" gunsmith guns on Venus.  Playing private matches to practice sniping.  Running the Nightfall 3 times a week hoping for a Ghally.  But what is their to achieve in D2 other than just P.E's? 

Someone mentioned this conversation could never end and your right...  With the amount of hours we all put in to D1 and the fun factor we had for so long, it is frustrating to be done after a 100 hours or less.  And without restating why the comment "if you don't like it/enjoy it, don't play it" is ridiculous, just realize that many people who are posting with this point of view aren't  playing the game.  We would love to play the game but for me I will not support the direction its going or what they are currently doing.  If you do that's great but regarding our views or concerns about the current state of the game as ludicrous or "just salty", does no good.  What happened to constructive debate/conversations about a topic without dismissing the view/idea that doesn't agree with what you think? 

• Art of War and wonega like this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

Really dont get why Michael and str8upnobs in particular (but probably everyone to be honest) dont seem to understand my posts , ill say it again I dont have a problem with Eververse  selling cosmetics and consumables at all, I have never felt like I needed to spend money and I know I can get all that stuff from bright engrams.

My entire post was about explaining why Destiny 2 is BLAND and will stay BLAND because everthing we enjoyed grinding for in Destiny 1 has been removed from destiny 2 , what we are left with is a superficial grind for cosmetics and consumables because these are the only items eververse can sell without people calling it pay to win.(eg:-what where your favourite weapons in Destiny 1 and what was the story behind how you got them?, and what are your favourite weapons in Destiny 2 and what was your story in getting them?)

I dont thik you get it or want to get it , you just seem to want to defend a game you like while not engaging in my argument at all.

Bungie release news about The Dawning it's all about cosmetics and consumables the only thing related to power or weapons in their blog is a snowball which will probably be the most fun thing to do.

Well I was replying to Michael's reply. Not your initial post. To reply to you directly I guess, imo vanilla D2 is bland because vanilla D1 was bland. They seem to have treated it almost like a reboot, even though we all know we wanted (and they could have) a continuation of y3 D1.

It is what it is. It'll get there, and imo it's already (slowly) moving in the right direction with last couple of updates. Now this may chap your balls but tis my opinion. You can have your own ; ) . I'm just tired of all the salt. If you're not satisfied move on. That goes for anyone, not just people posting on message boards. It's not that hard.

I don't think that it's any of us don't "get" your post/opinions, it's that we don't 100% subscribe to your line of thinking.

Edited by str8upnobs, 15 December 2017 - 09:12 AM.

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 131 posts

I think its time that we start to accept that D2 with all of its flaws will never be D1, the game was designed to be different, the wepons, the armor system.. everything!

i was at a point where i had to decide if i was going to commit all of my second to none spare time in to this game or go play something else..

i decided that i would stick around and keep playing D2 mostly because unlike D1, every time that i get a chance to play i get something, that for me is far more rewarding than any spare time spent playing D1 ( and i banked like 460 hrs on to D1) .

thas fun for me and thats why i keep playing the game.

• str8upnobs likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I think its time that we start to accept that D2 with all of its flaws will never be D1, the game was designed to be different, the wepons, the armor system.. everything!

Then they should have titled the game Destiny Too and not Destiny 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting parable and comment about Destiny 2 that I read on the Bungie.net forum that many over there agree with...

A Dog, to whom the butcher had thrown a bone, was hurrying home with his prize as fast as he could go. As he crossed a narrow footbridge, he happened to look down and saw himself reflected in the quiet water as if in a mirror. But the greedy Dog thought he saw a real Dog carrying a bone much bigger than his own.

If he had stopped to think he would have known better. But instead of thinking, he dropped his bone and sprang at the Dog in the river, only to find himself swimming for dear life to reach the shore. At last he managed to scramble out, and as he stood sadly thinking about the good bone he had lost, he realized what a stupid Dog he had been.

Bungie had a fiercely loyal community of hardcore players in Destiny 1, but that wasn't enough for them. They wanted the casuals. They wanted the hardcore PvP players. So, they reconfigured their game to be casual-friendly, and created only weapons and equipment that would ensure balance, even if it meant boring. Well, the casuals came and went, and the PvPers have thrown nothing but hate at the "new" Crucible. And the hardcore players who were betrayed and abandoned are drifting away as well. Like the dog, Bungie could soon find themselves left with nothing.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

Is it bad that I imagined as I read your parable, a bunch of young guardians, sitting around a fire (the iron temple for instance) listening to the story and when it was done the ones who disagreed just cried and jumped up and down and screamed and made snow angels while making snot bubbles near said fire.  All the while I'm entranced like the little boy in Major Payne getting the "Little Engine that Could" read to him.  

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

Would you really want to do that to Icebreaker?

No , I know it'll probably be junk if they make it like the Hereafter , I was just trying to lighten the mood !! 

It's all kinda like Gears of War , 1 ,2 and 3  were all good games , When Cliffy left Epic that was pretty much the end ,   and when they made Gears 4 it just wasn't the same , I played it  for about an hour and just didn't like it at all , didn't have that same "gears" feel to it . that being said , If they didn't make some changes (which were necessary) and made D2 like D1 we would be complaining that we paid for a rehashed  game . It seems that the more I play D2 the more I like it it's really growing on me .

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I agree that they should add more carrots to the End Game and less to the SpendGame. But is made up of people with families and they need to get paid, while keeping the game costs stuck at a silly $60. If you bought Marios Bros in the 80s for $60, just with inflation alone, it would cost much more today - like $115 or so? lol

But YES - they need to add more exotic raid or trials sparrows, ghosts, emotes, etc to the END GAME to put that carrot in the game again.

I honestly don't miss the grind for Black SPindle (or sleepless frustrated nights) or grinding for a GoM. I'm over that grind.

The grind for the Saint 14 shotgun has me re-engaged though.

#MoarEndGame #LessSpendGame

• michael6745 and Ollie1024 like this