Photo

Duplicate Exotics

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

In the latest Bungie Blog, they stated that they will have safeguards in place to preclude duplicate exotics.

I question how this going to work if you already have all the exotics?

On my hunter, I have all hunter based exotics armor. 

My Titan I have all but one

My Warlock, I am missing several, but I don't play him enough to get them.

The only weapons I don't have are the two that are the ones from the Raid quests. The quests just sit there, taking up space on my characters.

What I don't understand is this.  I play a good amount of time, but I'm sure there are others who play more. But who is complaining about duplicate exotics?  The ones that play a lot.  How can you not get duplicates if you already have all of them?

I'm not sure if this makes sense. I've got a major cold and my head is gushy...

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

When I saw a video about this subject yesterday I was wondering the same.. 

I have all available exotic weapons and might have missed a few armor-pieces for all of my guardians.. but whis this new system I will get them in no time..which kind of sucks.

Once you have them all I guess you will start getting random duplicates again like you do now

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

When I saw a video about this subject yesterday I was wondering the same.. 

I have all available exotic weapons and might have missed a few armor-pieces for all of my guardians.. but whis this new system I will get them in no time..which kind of sucks.

Once you have them all I guess you will start getting random duplicates again like you do now

Welcome back!!!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

What I don't understand is this.  I play a good amount of time, but I'm sure there are others who play more. But who is complaining about duplicate exotics?  The ones that play a lot.  How can you not get duplicates if you already have all of them?

I do!  For a while it seemed like all I was receiving was Tractor Cannon after Tractor Cannon.  Then it became a sequence of Tractor Cannon, Foetracer, The Dragon shadow. And that repeated a few times. And I was still missing quite a few weapons and Hunter armor at the time.

I don't mind duplicates of Exotic weapons, they can be infused into other things if needed.  But duplicate armor kinda sucks. 

In time I was able collect all of the available Hunter armor exotics, but it took considerably longer considering every duplicate I received. 

Now I'm on to Titan exotics.  I have  6 pieces of Titan exotic armor so far.  Much more than my Hunter had after this many hours of play. 

• michael6745 likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 715 posts

The D in D2 stands for duplicates. 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

The D in D2 stands for duplicates. 

I thought it was for delightful...??

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

I do think that this change is for the better (Though I would prefer it if they had just weighed the numbers a little more towards getting stuff you don't have yet. A duplicate every once in a while is fine, but it's a bit too excessive at the moment.). I got FIVE exotic engrams yesterday, and four of them were duplicates (Sunshot, SODA, Sweet Business, and EOAW). I did get Nezarec's Sin too, which I didn't have yet, but there's still so much I don't have in my collection! I would kill for just one Vigilance Wing.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 715 posts

I thought it was for delightful...??

lol... that made me laugh so hard I spit my Diet Coke out.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

lol... that made me laugh so hard I spit my Diet Coke out.

Ha!  You can send me the cleaning bill for you monitor...

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

• Art of War likes this

marcomalamarco

marcomalamarco

Recruit

• 24 posts

How can you not get duplicates if you already have all of them?

I think they've implemented to let people who already got all S1 exotics, get the new ones instead of duplicates at launch of CoO.

Would be frustrating to get your 4th sunshot on your first expansion exotic engram, right?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

I think they've implemented to let people who already got all S1 exotics, get the new ones instead of duplicates at launch of CoO.

Would be frustrating to get your 4th sunshot on your first expansion exotic engram, right?

No the fix on duplicate Exotics won't be put in until the update on the 12th