Photo

Senior Destiny 2 developers will respond to the player feedback and address issues with the endgame grind on next week's stream

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 715 posts

Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy will detail the changes coming to the shared-world shooter, and respond to the player feedback so far

Courtesy of Tim Clark (from PC Gamer)

For some perspective, I've enjoyed Destiny 2 enough to grind three characters up to the level cap on PC, but right now there's no arguing that there are substantial issues with the way the endgame systems work. The Destiny subreddit, which is well-seasoned at the best of times, is currently an avalanche of salt directed at the game's perceived shortcomings, not helped by the Bungie's admission yesterday that it was using a secret system to throttle XP gains for players completing activities too fast. Having been uncovered by community sleuths, that system has since been turned off. Nonetheless, the shopping list of complaints currently includes (but is not limited to)...

• A lack of balance updates, despite the pre-release promise that ditching the legacy consoles would make fine-tuning problem weapons and perks easier.
  • Little incentive in terms of loot rewards to complete Adventures or Strikes, despite these being some of the best-designed content in the game.
  • Raid gear armor being no better than items acquired in regular activities.
  • The double-primary weapon system leading to an entirely teamshot-focused PvP meta, plus over-simplified playlists.
  • A mod system that doesn't have much impact on build or gear diversity.
  • Static perks on gear meaning duplicate drops are irrelevant once you hit max power.

Continue reading article at: http://www.pcgamer.c...t-weeks-stream/

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Let's see if they say anything about the issues at hand that need fixed !  Probably not !

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

A lot of people, including former defenders of the game, are starting to turn on Bungie because of the lackadaisical responses and minimal fixes to the game. I've been saying for a while that Destiny 2 has taken quite a few steps back in regards to what Destiny 1 was and honestly, I believe this whole thing is just a case of damage control. Whether or not anything comes from said blog post tomorrow remains to be seen but personally, I have zero faith that Bungie will actually address the issues in a meaningful or timely manner. As the saying goes..."Action speak louder than words". This truly seems like Bungie wanted to sell a minimalist product and try to pass it off like they care, especially now.
  • Art of War likes this

Curtivobrady

Curtivobrady

Apprentice

• 46 posts

Not any More

Art of War

Art of War

• 715 posts

Bungie is too afraid to do a live stream and face the community directly, so now they are releasing a blog instead to discuss the future direction of Destiny 2.

bungie.PNG

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Bungie is too afraid to do a live stream and face the community directly, so now they are releasing a blog instead to discuss the future direction of Destiny 2.

I think they should release the blog and then do a live stream to discuss it so we have in writing what they are talking about.  

Either way, I'm glad they decided not to do the fashion show and start communicating with the community what we can expect.   That's all we've wanted was communication.  Well, then action and game fixes, but at least tell us sh!t is coming and when....

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 121 posts

i Dont think they should do a live stream and talk directly to people, i like the blog post idea, that is more like letting us know what they are doing and thats about it.

For me, Destiny is their game, so they should let us know what are they doing to make it more "fun" for us.. but thats the debate i guess, for me the game lacks end game content, sure, but do i want to go back to all the things that i disliked about D1? hell no..

i hope this is more like and update on how they will be improving the current systems and not a "we are going back to D1" kinda thing...

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

bungie.PNG

Dude...

Don't be one of those people.

What would you rather? A reveal stream that parades a bunch of gear to earn in a week? Or a blog post that actually addresses Bungie's stances on our biggest problems at the moment?

Art of War

Art of War

• 715 posts

Dude...

Don't be one of those people.

What would you rather? A reveal stream that parades a bunch of gear to earn in a week? Or a blog post that actually addresses Bungie's stances on our biggest problems at the moment?

I'll be any kind of person I want to fucking be bro. If my opinion is different then yours, tough. I paid for this game and I have every right to have my own opinion dude.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

I'll be any kind of person I want to fucking be bro. If my opinion is different then yours, tough. I paid for this game and I have every right to have my own opinion dude.

It's got nothing to do with opinions. Bungie aren't scared, they're trying to appeal to a community that they've pissed off because of a lack of clear communication. The stream would do nothing to help this mess; a clear cut update is the way to go.

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 122 posts

This looks big as the top guys are coming out and have a lot of explaining to do.

No one is saying we are owed anything however we need big fixes if the game is to progress otherwise membership will reallydecrease.

The key word is incentive to play, we don't expect to win everything at once however we want to will to carry on.

We don't want things handed to us on a plate but we need a better weapons stat, raid/strike perks, XP fix and faction stuff.

Everyone will be watching.

Art of War

Art of War

• 715 posts

We don't want things handed to us on a plate...

While I agree with most of your statement... unfortunately, "We don't want things handed to us on a plate" isn't shared by everyone.

The casual players that Bungie has been catering to, in an attempt to expand the Destiny player base, do indeed want everything easily handed to them on a plate. Those are the same players that fall into the microtransaction traps set by developers, buy rewards instead of putting in the time to earn them through game play. Bungie's attempt to please casual players that want instant gratification is exactly why we have this shallow water-down unrewarding adaptation of Destiny. A short visit to Bungie.net forum can verify the intense debate between loyal dedicated hardcore Destiny players and casuals regarding the path the games direction should lead.

The casual players don't want things such as any semblance of a grind or random rolls, etc. They want to jump on for an hour a week and get the same rewards handed to them as dedicated players who put in the time and effort to achieve the games best rewards. 

The game will never be fulfilling to dedicated players wanting to grind and earn top rewards as long as Bungie caters to players that don't want to earn rewards through playing the game more than casually.

Bungie is to too busy catering to casual players that do indeed want everything handed to them on a plate in exchange for little effort or time invested. It's honestly a sad reflection of today's society as a whole. Like I mentioned, a short visit to other more active Destiny community forums will confirm that casual players feel they are entitled to the same game rewards and they fiercely defend their opinion that casual players should easily get the games best rewards as dedicated players that are willing (and wanting) to put in more time and effort.

This is the core issue of Destiny 2's problem that Bungie developers have to navigate. Bungie can't have it both ways no matter how they attempt walk a fine line between the casual players that want it all handed to them and dedicated players that put in the time to earn it all. 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

The good thing is, I believe they are finally realizing. They may have sold 10 more units because of the casual, but those 10 players aren't playing anymore because they're casual.  They're realizing the hard core players are the ones that stuck around for 3 years and we still spend $ on the micro transactions.  We will be the ones who buy the DLCs because we want to progress with the story.  The casual, may or may not.  

I also think they now understand.  It's the hardcore Destiny players that get the casuals excited about the game.  If we're not happy, the casuals are going to stay away.

It's not too late.  But the things they're promising need to come as promised.  Or communicate why they're late.  

I do think this is a step in the right direction and I am cautiously optimistic.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

The good thing is, I believe they are finally realizing. They may have sold 10 more units because of the casual, but those 10 players aren't playing anymore because they're casual.  They're realizing the hard core players are the ones that stuck around for 3 years and we still spend $ on the micro transactions.  We will be the ones who buy the DLCs because we want to progress with the story.  The casual, may or may not.  

I also think they now understand.  It's the hardcore Destiny players that get the casuals excited about the game.  If we're not happy, the casuals are going to stay away.

It's not too late.  But the things they're promising need to come as promised.  Or communicate why they're late.  

I do think this is a step in the right direction and I am cautiously optimistic.

It’s a decent start but there are a lot of problems with D2 right now that Bungie either can’t or won’t fix such as added subclass perk options, being able to select Crucible modes, the lacking story, and so on. For the time being, I’m staying away from this game because what we are getting in terms of this DLC isn’t worth the price to me.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 114 posts

Bungie is listening to us.  I mean come on...  they are giving us a opportunity to use an "alexa" device to summon help from our clanmates.  And even find out what powerful engrams are available.  This is what everyone was begging for from Bungie. 

They are listening all right.....  Just think this time next year we will still be awaiting game changing improvements.  Your patience will be rewarded.  Just ask Alexa he/she will tell you Bungie cares about what you want...

• Art of War likes this