Photo

No new Raid?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 114 posts

So instead of getting a new Raid, we get an addition to a Raid that has been my (and many others) least favorite.  Is this a good idea or does this once again seem extremely lazy?  

Let me start by saying that I have cleared the previous Raids in D1 so many times it didn't take much effort, after a while, to complete.  And we jump to D2 and get a puzzle with one boss at the end.  I don't know what/why they would add-on to an existing Raid that to be honest was cheesy.  The best part of the Raid was exploring the "underbelly."  That was the only thing we actually had fun doing throughout the entire Raid. 

So my question is this.  Is this Bungie being Bungie and giving us an outlook on what we can expect from them for the future.  Or is this just them dangling a small carrot for us to chase around while the "live team" tries to fix what they have screwed up?  I haven't play D2 in almost 2 weeks.  Don't miss it, would love to love it but there is nothing to spend time doing.  Sure I could go and play team shoot in Crucible in a random game mode or do 100 public events or run a strike to not get anything of value for time spent.  But what's the point?     

This is just frustrating for me because I was a sucker and paid the $100 months ago in anticipation of something monumental.  I know it is my fault for spending the money before I saw the product but still.  Just extremely disappointed.  I will keep future salt about D2 bottled up because it does no good anyways.  But on the bright side.....  yeah nevermind..   

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

They never said there would be a new raid.  They have only stated new raid content.  I don't understand why people are so caught up with this.

In D1, you got VoG and then you got Crota's End and then Prisoner of Elders.  Then with the TTK expansion you got King's Fall.    

The new raid content is a Raid Lair, which is a mini raid/large strike. Similar to Crota's End.  They are taking a similar path to D1.  It's just labeled differently.  It's not an add on.  It's a completely separate event.  The Leviathan is a huge ship.  Why can't they utilize this massive ship for more stuff?  They reuse planets.

I'm fine with this.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

I think it a good idea to make use of the space they already have , I don't think a new raid is necessary yet and apparently there won't be one till after next spring , as I have no desire to do the existing raid I probably won't get involved with the "lairs" that are coming in the DLC , unless there is less puzzle crap ! 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 114 posts

Ok. Let me rephrase. I was hoping for a new raid that was playable to keep me from putting the game down until way a year, 2,3 years from now when there is enough content too make people want to play. Wishing for a lot but the game was released half completed as you can tell by our dlc's.

I'm not ok with a retread of a raid that doesn't compare to vog, croata, or kings fall. People are dropping like flies. Look at this forum. There was more posts/topics in year three than there is now 2 months into this "new game." Just pointing it out.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Ok. Let me rephrase. I was hoping for a new raid that was playable to keep me from putting the game down until way a year, 2,3 years from now when there is enough content too make people want to play. Wishing for a lot but the game was released half completed as you can tell by our dlc's.

I'm not ok with a retread of a raid that doesn't compare to vog, croata, or kings fall. People are dropping like flies. Look at this forum. There was more posts/topics in year three than there is now 2 months into this "new game." Just pointing it out.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by released half complete.  Destiny 2 was shipped as a complete game.  It had a beginning and and end.  it just doesn't have the replay-ability that D1 had through most of it's lifespan.

I didn't expect an new raid, and I'm okay with that. I still haven't run the raid. My clan runs the raid at least every other night.  Most of them are PvE-ers.  Me, I enjoy running the Crucible all night long.  That's what I did 95% of the time in D1.  I'd get home from work around 5pm, run patrols for an hour to get myself adjusted to game again and then play Control until 11pm.  

Destiny 2 does have a lot of issues.  Between replay-ability and QoL issues.  But those will get fixed.  I don't know when and this I fault Bungie for not communicating what the plan is.  

If by "you can tell by our dlc's" do you mean the Hot Fixes?  If so, every new game will have those. fixing little issues here and there.  I remember when a game came out and there were NO fixes.  

Destiny 2 will get better over time.  We were all addicted to D1, but people complained about D1 constantly through it's whole lifespan.  

What D2 doesn't have right now is the ability for YouTubers to show their prowess in the Crucible so they can create awesome montages of a snipe, here, a snipe there, here a snipe, there a snipe everywhere a snipe snipe.... So they are finding new ways to show off.  

Regarding this forum.  I believe some of it is that people have found other avenues to communicate.  I know of at least 4 that were on here that are in my clan that post in Discord everyday, but no longer visit here.  But yes, Destiny the game is a having a lull.  Especially when there are so many new games coming out right now.  I believe Destiny 2 will get better over time, we'll start getting addicted to it.  But that's just me.   I just don't want to play any other games at the moment.  But I might try some.  Depends....

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 114 posts

I have referred to this game being half completed for a long time. This dlc is the reason why. Give us a raid on release then released an expansion to the raid. It should have came with the release. So what we're getting from this game that shouldn't have been in the original release was power level increase and a couple maps, story missions. Pretty standard for any dlc. Problem is you continue to have to pay to play.
That's like instead of dropping croata until later they added a separate route to a new boss in vog. We would have went with it because we didn't know any better but starting year 4 we as a community have wizened up to this laziness. I understand your hoping bungie fixes theirselves as do I but Im done having carrots dangled in front of us while charging money.
A dlc should include actual content. And if we had to wait till June for game changing content it would be understandable. But this dlc should have been included with the release. A burger sold to you with buns, ketchup, mustard, pickle but no meat. Then you get the meat that should have been on the burger to begin with 3 months later and then your charged for it. That is what has happened and the fact that people are giving it a pass is mind blowing. I would return to that burger shop and get my meat or demand my money back. I don't want to go next door for another burger when I should have had it to begin with. See what I'm getting at?
Sorry for the typos. Using my phone.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I have referred to this game being half completed for a long time.

This is where we have differing opinions.  Which is okay.  

if-i-agree-with-you-we-would-both-be-wro

Just kidding... I had to do it.   :woot:

I have purchased new games for $60 where I completed them in anywhere between 4 and 11 hours.  I completed all content, there was nothing left to do, and so the game got put on the shelf and collected dust. Those were complete games. 

Destiny 2 is a complete game.  You started a campaign, you finished that campaign. That is a complete game.

Destiny 2 also has other features such multiplayer, Strikes, Raid.  These feature work. 

How is this a half complete game?

To date, I've put in 224 hours of active play time in Destiny 2.  I've gotten my $60 worth.  I'm glad to have paid $20 for the DLC and $20 for the spring time DLC.  Which is the $100 I spent back in March.  I have gotten my money's worth.

• Ollie1024 and Kingdomville like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 114 posts

Ok.  I am not going to repeat the process of explaining my opinions on why this was a half completed game.  (see previous 3 posts)  I see your point about getting your money's worth out of a game.  I played TitanFall 2 for about 2 hours and never played it again because of the lure of D1.  But that is about where I stop seeing your point.  If it was any other game or franchise for that matter getting my "money's worth" would be viewed/valued less than for instance, D1.  I did not complain when I played TF2 for 2 hours and put it down.  I did not get on forum's and state that I was ripped off for them selling me a un-fun game.  I just simply chalked it up as D1, IMO, was more fun.  Now on the flipside.  D2 is a sequel of a 3 year game that most of us spent hundreds of hours playing.  So when you buy a sequel you expect it to A) Start where the other one left off as far as story/quality B) Have the same replayability as the original and C) have new and improved QOL improvements that were consistently made throughout D1.  But what did we get?  Ok the story and quality was good (gameplay wise), has very little replayability, and decreased QOL improvements from D1. 

Like I've said before, I understand a lot of people put blinders on and try to compare this to Vanilla Destiny but why?  If I have to keep telling myself that if I am patient maybe the game will get better when the Live Team picks it up, then you are selling yourself short. 

So getting a "awesome new boss" in a Raid that was by far the worst of the Raids to date (IMO) just doesn't cut it as far as value to me.  That is why I was shocked and amused at this attempt of calling this a DLC when the content were getting should have been put out in the release. 

To answer your previous post. I understand what "Hot fixes" are.  Been playing the game for 3 years.  And that was not what I was referring to in "what were getting with DLC's." 

I don't think that the explosion of new games coming out have anything to do with D2 failing to keep players playing the game.  I mean in 3 years of D1 were there no good games that drew people away during the week and the weekend everyone was back on D1 running the Raids, Trials, IB, NF's, etc. 

So to sum up and I'll leave it alone because there are people who will support this franchise no matter what they do, I feel the direction they are going is driving people away in mass.  There will be a few people come back in December for a week or 2 and then back to whatever they was doing before until the next DLC drops.  It is just disappointing that we are having to justify their actions because we love the lore of the game.  It sucks after spending hundreds/thousands of hours playing D1, I am literally done with the game and doubt I have a 100 hours played.  I could be the only one in the community that is offended by their choices they have made and are making but sadly I'm not. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I understand where you are coming from.  Am I 100% happy with Destiny 2?  No.  Do I think it will get better?  Yes.

I guess I'm in a minority that I'm just not into many of the other games.  I have been in the Assassin's Creed franchise, and the whole reason I got the PS4 was so I could play AC Unity.  It fell flat.  And haven't played it for a long time.  I've been hearing good things about AC Origins.  I may pick that up.

I just have issues switching between games.  That's a "me" thing.

Listening to many podcasts, it became clear, that much of what we got used to in D1, were the Live team experimenting.  Some things worked, some things didn't.  None of that made it into D2.  Some of what the developers put into D2 worked, and much of it hasn't.  I sound like a broken record but now that the live team has their hands on it. Things will get better, it just takes time.  

I've said it before, I'm not a developer, so I have no clue as to what it takes to put a game together.  I just have to hope that they do it quickly, communicate to us what to expect and get this ball rolling.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

The more I play D2 The more I'm liking it , does it have the attachment /addiction that D1 had for me ? No not yet but it's getting there , it may never fully be there , I must confess I did play a little D1 on Friday . I belong to a big Clan and already less and less are playing , I'm not a fan of the Leviathan raid at all and like I've said in earlier posts , I have no plans to do it , until there is a raid like Vog or Crotas End , but I'm ok with that , I got my money's worth out of this game .I used to be a big Gears of War fan , well when Gears 4 came out  I picked it up and played for about an hour or so and haven't touched it since , that being said is D2 perfect the way it is , NO it needs a few tweeks here and there , there are some issues and some changes that should be made , but they may never be made so we'll just have to deal with it and I'm fine with that , I guess my point is , if we buy a game it's not always going to be 100% the way we want it to be and that's a chance we take when we buy it day 1 , so we can either play it the way it is and hope it get fixed or move on to something else , just remember the "old" days when you got a game and there were bugs and glitches in it and the developers had no way to correct it , there was no XBox Live or PlayStation network , enjoy it while you can and play whatever game makes you happy ! 

This post was made before morning coffee !!  :thanks:

• michael6745 and Kingdomville like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

The more I play D2 The more I'm liking it , does it have the attachment /addiction that D1 had for me ? No not yet but it's getting there.

I was doing some thinking this weekend.  Almost had a complete thought too...

What I fell in love with in Destiny 1 that kept me coming back every day was the Crucible.  I played for over a year, 5 to 6 hours a day, every day. I did nothing else but play Control matches for like 3 months.  Then I started playing other modes.  It wasn't until the 9 months of D1 that I spent doing other stuff and collecting items, etc.

I also only played a Hunter.  I hadn't created any other characters.  

I've realized that playing three characters really puts a burden on me.  Oh, I need to do this on my Titan, but I don't like the Titan in D2.  I need to do this on my Warlock, but I don't like Warlocks.  

So, what I did this weekend is I spent all day Saturday and just played Crucible on my Hunter.  I had fun.  I won, I lost, I played well, i played like sh!t.  It's what I remember and I enjoyed it.  Sunday I completed the Flashpoints, Call to Arms and Clan XP on my Titan and Warlock and went back to my Hunter.  

The only thing I didn't like about this weekend was that I couldn't just play Control.  I had to endure Supremacy.  However, I had some fantastic Supremacy games and some horrific ones.  

The thing is, I did what I used to do in D1 and I enjoyed myself.  

But as Viper said, I'm not quite as addicted to D2 as I was in D1.  I was able to put the game down, watch some TV and do other things. Where in D1, I'd be playing all day.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

I was doing some thinking this weekend.  Almost had a complete thought too...

What I fell in love with in Destiny 1 that kept me coming back every day was the Crucible.  I played for over a year, 5 to 6 hours a day, every day. I did nothing else but play Control matches for like 3 months.  Then I started playing other modes.  It wasn't until the 9 months of D1 that I spent doing other stuff and collecting items, etc.

I also only played a Hunter.  I hadn't created any other characters.  

I've realized that playing three characters really puts a burden on me.  Oh, I need to do this on my Titan, but I don't like the Titan in D2.  I need to do this on my Warlock, but I don't like Warlocks.  

So, what I did this weekend is I spent all day Saturday and just played Crucible on my Hunter.  I had fun.  I won, I lost, I played well, i played like sh!t.  It's what I remember and I enjoyed it.  Sunday I completed the Flashpoints, Call to Arms and Clan XP on my Titan and Warlock and went back to my Hunter.  

The only thing I didn't like about this weekend was that I couldn't just play Control.  I had to endure Supremacy.  However, I had some fantastic Supremacy games and some horrific ones.  

The thing is, I did what I used to do in D1 and I enjoyed myself.  

But as Viper said, I'm not quite as addicted to D2 as I was in D1.  I was able to put the game down, watch some TV and do other things. Where in D1, I'd be playing all day.

Michael , I agree with you that I would rather pick what mode of Crucible I play then that way it is now . 

In D1 I started with a Hunter and couldn't get some of the jumping you had to do until I got Bones of Eao so I made a Warlock and pretty much stuck with it , then figured what the hell might as well make a Titan too , I used the Hunter and Titan but mainly played with my Warlock , my Hunter was my Crucible go to . This time around I started with my Warlock then went to Hunter and Titan and I'm enjoying play with the Hunter and Titan more then the Warlock so it's all about personal preference , play the game and have fun no matter which character you use the important thing is have fun !! 

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 121 posts

I dont know if this is the place to post this.. but i will try to elaborate to my best english so i hope is readable. 

Anyway, i was addicted to D1.. like you have no idea, i came around when the taken king came out and i played no other game that year or the next one, D1 had so many things that i loved yes, but also, it came to MANY things that i hated and i eventually left before ROI, i cant say if Rise of Iron was fun or if it was the farewell that D1 deserved cause i wasnt there to play it, but i played more than 500 hours of destiny 1 in my perhaps short or brief period with it.

something that i loved about D1 was the quests to get wepons! i remember spending hours getting the mats for my touch of malice, a raid specific weapon that was useless outside the raid.. but i worked hard to get it and when i finally did that sense of i did something meaningful for my characters was there..

i was in love with the ace of spades since i fist saw the weapon, so ofcourse i worked hard to get it, then hawkmoon and many many other hand cannons and fire arms that i worked my ass of to get, and while i loved the quests and the lore behind exotics and working to get them..something that i REALLY hated was that in order to do the raid ( or at least being carried on to it) i had to have certain gear..

i met some awesome people that did not bother with the whole if you are not at LL 300 and have this and this you cant come to the raid.

thanks to them i was able to do kings fall many many times! and im still in their clan and i hope i get to play D2 with them at some point but what im trying to say is that for someone new to Destiny, with no friends or clan playing the game, meeting ALL the requierments to do activities like the raid, you had to spend all your time playing and grinding for mats or weapons or armor... and IT SUCKED the fun out of my destiny experience..

i was really hesitating on getting D2, because i simply cant invest all my spare time in one game.. with many other games coming at the end of the year and with friends to see and stuff to do and a full time job.. so i waited and read reviews..

then i found out that D2 was more "rewarding" that i did not have to complete the nigthfall all weekend like 200 times to find that "god Roll" weapon, that there was no raid specific exotic wepons or armor that i needed to get in order to play the activities.. so i did not only buyed my copy of D2, i also payed for the DLC in advance..

sure there is some thigs that i dislike about D2 but i got it by the end of september and i got 124 hours alredy, i got my hunter and my warlock back and im leveling my Titan while doing other activities, sure im not 305 yet but  my hunter is 300 and the warlock is 299, i have most of the exotics, MIDA and im working towards the Rat king and the Raid Shotgun..

i havent done the raid, i havent played Trials (mostly cause right now the clan is kinda inactive) but i plan to do them, and im happy that DONT HAVE to do them in order to get to 305, im happy doing flashpoints cause public events are super fun in D2 and not something that you just run from like in D1, im happy with the crucible, because while i hate supremacy, i enjoy control and all of the other game mods a LOT, 4 people did made it better for me and i hated it at first, specially in control, but i love the current state of those game mods and im having fun! and im progressing and i dont feel like i first need to get a  load of gear JUST to play certain activities and then pray to the RNG gods tha i get the god roll i need to be relevant in trials or getting that piece of armor that will push me +1 or light level..

i feel like every hour i spend in D2 its rewarded somehow and im pretty happy with that, sure i hate that the RNG loot / token system wont always reward me with what i want or something different but that is something that can be worked on!, mods i just love mods!! i dont need to spend years doing the nightfall anymore, i can just swap a mod and change the element of my energy weapon ( i have a voidwalker with heavy and energy void weapons)..

so, do i feel like i got enough for the over 100 usd ( yea im mexican, here is a bit more expensive) that i payed alredy? hell yes and i want to belive that bungie will improve the game, i certanly hope that they do improve on what they have delivered so far and i PRAY that we dont go back to the obsolete system that we had in D1.