Photo

Faction Wars Part II

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Faction Wars Part II (6 member(s) have cast votes)

I choose you!!

1. Future War Cult (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. New Monarchy (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Dead Orbit (Reigning champions) (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

So the second round of faction wars started up yesterday. 

Who did you swear your alliance to ... and what kind of loot has dropped for you so far?

I went with New Monarchy this time around.  The Dead Orbit grenade launcher wasn't exactly a great draw for me, though I did consider going with them just to attempt to get the final piece of armor I needed to complete the set. 

Anyway.  I've opened 4 packages so far.

Zero armor pieces

Package 1:

I received the Royal Dispensation II. (SMG)

Haven't used it yet, but the stats seem close to the Iron Banner SMG

Package 2:

I received the Restoration VIII (Auto Rifle)

600 RPM.  Haven't used this one either yet. 

Package 3:

I received the Older Sister III (Hand Cannon)

This is one of the guns I was hoping I would get.  I have used this one and it feels pretty amazing to me. 

I hear its similar to Better Devils, but I don't own one to compare. 

Package 4:

Song of Justice VI (Scout)

Haven't used this one, but have received them in the past. Its a little slow for my taste, but isn't bad. 

So what kinda loot is dropping for you?

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

My huner ran the cheese method for 45 minutes last night and got 400 tokens.  With everything else I did I turned in a total of 420 odd tokens and am level 21 in DO.

I received:

3 SMGs which I wanted.

3 ARs which I also wanted

2 Pulse riflts

2 Energy scout rifles

Also other armor stuff that I sharded.  

Going to run my Titan later, not sure if he'll go NM like last time or not.  Not sure if I'll run my Warlock through this or not.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 304 posts

I will always pledge my allegiance to New Monarchy!
But part of me kind of hopes that Future War Cult will win. The Sword is cool, but the Fusion Rifle looks the most interesting. If Dead Orbit wins though, I'll have a hissy-fit. No-one wants that Grenade Launcher!

Got myself the Older Sister, Song of Justice, Interregnum, Royal Dispensation and Good Counsel today! Just waiting on the Maxim now.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

Not interested in D2 or it's faction events. Ran the Nightfall with my girlfriend on D1 after the Tuesday reset. Reminded us how much we hate D2.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Managed to get  enough tokens for another 4 packages.

1 helmet

3 scout rifles!  And not the nice new one that they are offering, but the same old Song of justice. 

Soooo .... last night, being a casual gamer and all, decided to make the best use of my time and collect tokens as efficiently as I could in the limited amount of time that I had ...

... Anyway ...

After making good use of my time I decided to go cash my chips in and see what good ol' Hideo was going to throw my way. 

I pulled a good amount of loot and got the Sniper Rifle, Shotgun (Which is awesome BTW), The 2nd Scout Rifle (pretty cool, feels better than the first one released.), Sidearm, AR's and SMG's. Helmet, Gauntlets, Chest armor and Class Item too.

And of course, quite a few duplicates. 

BUT ... on the last 3 engrams I opened, I only received shaders.  I thought that was a little odd seeing as I was still short on receiving a few items yet.

Do they cap how many packages you can open in a day?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I'm playing my Titan for this round and so far I've gotten 3  armor pieces (DO helmet and boots and another pair of boots ) and several different weapons , no duplicates as of yet , so it's a lot better then last time around so far !

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 172 posts

Managed to get  enough tokens for another 4 packages.

1 helmet

3 scout rifles!  And not the nice new one that they are offering, but the same old Song of justice. 
Soooo .... last night, being a casual gamer and all, decided to make the best use of my time and collect tokens as efficiently as I could in the limited amount of time that I had ...

... Anyway ...

After making good use of my time I decided to go cash my chips in and see what good ol' Hideo was going to throw my way. 

I pulled a good amount of loot and got the Sniper Rifle, Shotgun (Which is awesome BTW), The 2nd Scout Rifle (pretty cool, feels better than the first one released.), Sidearm, AR's and SMG's. Helmet, Gauntlets, Chest armor and Class Item too.

And of course, quite a few duplicates. 

BUT ... on the last 3 engrams I opened, I only received shaders.  I thought that was a little odd seeing as I was still short on receiving a few items yet.

Do they cap how many packages you can open in a day?

From what I've heard, they put a cap on how many packages you can receive per character per faction rally. I believe the number was 30 packages per character per rally but they might have changed it.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Yes. The  cap was there the first time.  

After rank 30 you just receive shaders.

I pledged NM on my Warlock and was able to get a full set of armor for him from 400-ish tokens.  My warlock needed armor so this made my day.

• R MK XXV likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 304 posts

Bummed because I missed out on the Maxim, but hey. I got basically everything else, so I can't complain to much. The Older Sister is CRISPY.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Bummed because I missed out on the Maxim, but hey. I got basically everything else, so I can't complain to much. The Older Sister is CRISPY.

I got two of those yesterday. Haven't had much of a chance to play with them, but I've liked what I've seen so far.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I got almost a full set of armor (Dead Orbit) for my Titan , I didn't get the chest piece and only two duplicate weapons , now if Iron Banner goes this way next time around I'll be happy !

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Older Sister is pretty wild!  It has pretty amazing range to it for a hand cannon.  And Ambitious Assassin is a great perk. 

Can't tell you how many times I've reloaded after taking out ad's to have 16 or more rounds in the mag. 

Curtivobrady

Curtivobrady

Apprentice

• 41 posts

does my kd show

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 304 posts

NEW MONARCHY WON!

WHOOOOOOOOOO!

That sword is looking spicy.

Oh, and does anyone know if dismantling faction weapons yields shaders as well? Because if it does, I'm going to buy Honor's Edge over and over again.

Older Sister is pretty wild!  It has pretty amazing range to it for a hand cannon.  And Ambitious Assassin is a great perk. 

Can't tell you how many times I've reloaded after taking out ad's to have 16 or more rounds in the mag. 

Yeah, I haven't gotten to try it in PVE yet, but Ambitious Assassin actually saved me a couple of times in PVP: more rounds means... well, more chances to shoot, so I'm forgiven for having shoddy aim.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

NEW MONARCHY WON!

WHOOOOOOOOOO!

That sword is looking spicy.

Oh, and does anyone know if dismantling faction weapons yields shaders as well? Because if it does, I'm going to buy Honor's Edge over and over again.

Yeah, I haven't gotten to try it in PVE yet, but Ambitious Assassin actually saved me a couple of times in PVP: more rounds means... well, more chances to shoot, so I'm forgiven for having shoddy aim.

The first time you buy it it's 1000 shards, the second time is 50,000.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 304 posts

The first time you buy it it's 1000 shards, the second time is 50,000.

Yeah, but let's be honest, 50 K Glimmer is easy to get.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Yeah, but let's be honest, 50 K Glimmer is easy to get.

Touche'

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Touche'

Don't get all touchy on people here Michael.  There's already a lot of bad press out there about people being too touchy. 

Lets not add you to the list.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Don't get all touchy on people here Michael.  There's already a lot of bad press out there about people being too touchy. 

Lets not add you to the list.

Is it touchy-gate?  

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

No, Touchy people.

This has nothing to do with gates. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

No, Touchy people.

This has nothing to do with gates. 

There will be plenty of "gates" when Curse of Osiris comes out !  :D

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 304 posts

There will be plenty of "gates" when Curse of Osiris comes out !  :D

Oh no Viper...

No...

Please... stop... no more puns...

:(

• R MK XXV likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

Oh no Viper...

No...

Please... stop... no more puns...

:(

Sorry couldn't help it , that one was too easy ! 

• R MK XXV and Kingdomville like this