Photo

Curse of Osiris DLC December 5th

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Looks like Jade Rabbit, Tolesto, Thorn  may be coming back.

• DefiantMars and Kingdomville like this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Looks like Jade Rabbit, Tolesto, Thorn  may be coming back.

Now THIS is how you reveal an expansion.

I was having the most average and mediocre morning ever, then I find this post, and suddenly I'm up on cloud nine.

I thought I wouldn't have a reason to be excited on Halloween.

First, Exotics:

Jade Rabbit - Okay, yeah, sure, why not? (I think  that something like Touch of Malice would've been a better choice though).

Thorn - ABOUT DAMN TIME (Thorn was key to the lore and always needed to come back. Hopefully we'll see The Last Word, The First Curse and Ace of Spades soon too).

Telesto - YES PLZ GIMME GIMME (Like Thorn, Telesto I think is a weapon that is very significant to Destiny. A much better choice than something like Plan C, but I'd even more like to see Pocket Infinity).

Now, Osiris. 

So, the guy kicks butt. That has been established. Osiris looks WAY different to anything I would've expected, but in a good way. As Nkuch said, he looks like he's come straight out of Assassin's Creed: Origins. Don't like the new Ghost Shell though.

Now, him being a Dawnblade is where I have a slight problem. Osiris has always been portrayed as a Sunsinger, and while perhaps the Sunsinger as a subclass may not necessarily exist anymore, I don't see a reason why that can't still be done with Osiris. Other than that though, I love what we've seen of Osiris so far, and I'm also hoping that they'll be able to bring in the same voice actor that they used for him in D1, despite him only having a few lines (if you don't remember, Osiris talks to us during the Shrines of Oryx mission on the Moon, explaining the dangers that the Shrines pose).

The MUSIC. Oh my gosh, the music in this trailer was perfect. That was the main thing that had me hooked from the very beginning. The eerie electronic sounds are perfect for Osiris' character, and I will download the soundtrack to my Spotify as soon as possible.

The release date is December the 5th, just in time for the Christmas holidays! I will be playing the hell out of the game when this expansion goes live.
We also got to see more stuff during the short Crucible gameplay trailer that they posted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could swear that I saw No Time to Explain there. If so, then YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS.

Now, the most mysterious part: the cover art for Expansion 2.

Who is that? We have no idea, but do take note of the Iron Lord symbol on the person's left shoulder. Also the snowy climate suggests that we might just be heading to the polar ice caps of Mars as well, or perhaps another of Jupiter's moons.

Overall, I'm very excited for this. It looks a lot more promising than the Dark Below ever did. Say what you will about Bungie's games, but they certainly know how to make a trailer.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 172 posts

What will make or break this expansion for many is how much content and how quality of life changes are going to be implemented with this expansion. There is a lot that needs fixing and who knows if this expansion will deliver on what needs to be done. Nice trailer though if nothing else.
  • sgtcoy and Kingdomville like this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

Let me know when Bungie gets rid of static rolls on Legendary weapons. Until then... I'm out.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

What will make or break this expansion for many is how much content and how quality of life changes are going to be implemented with this expansion. There is a lot that needs fixing and who knows if this expansion will deliver on what needs to be done. Nice trailer though if nothing else.

Agreed, and so far it's looking pretty good. It seems that we should be able to expect these first two expansions to be the same size as Rise of Iron, which ideally means around about five story missions, a similar number of cutscenes, a raid, a social space, a couple of strikes, a power level raise and a new patrol area. Let's not forget about the Infinite Forest either, which is one of the most interesting ideas that Bungie has had in a while.

We can probably expect at least a couple of the changes they've been hard at work creating to be introduced around this time as well.
There's still a lot to be addressed, but so far I'm excited for what's to come.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I already heard that a new Crucible map will be PS exclusive , here's an idea , why don't they make all the new DLC PS exclusive and jam it up their asses !! I'm so sick and tired of the exclusive nonsense , I'm paying the same amount of my hard earned cash on it and I/we Xbox owners get less content , that's BS !! Then we'll probably have to wait until a month after Destiny 3 comes out to get it ! If I wasn't a diehard Destiny player , I'd probably say screw it right now , but I just enjoy this dam game too much to give up , but they have to quit with all the exclusive nonsense all these gaming companies , it not fair to anyone !!! 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I already heard that a new Crucible map will be PS exclusive ,

Yeah, Just read that  WormHaven will be PS Exclusive, which does bite.  But I can see it. With the release of PC, so many are now switching over.  But it does suck that everyone doesn't get all the new content. 

There is a lot that needs fixing and who knows if this expansion will deliver on what needs to be done. Nice trailer though if nothing else.

Yes, there is a lot to be fixed. They've made mention a lot of it and are working on it. We'll see what happens now that the Live team has the reigns.  What I'd like to see is the PC sandbox brought to the consoles.

Let me know when Bungie gets rid of static rolls on Legendary weapons. Until then... I'm out.

Unfortunately, I think static rolls for weapons are here to stay.  I'm okay with that, just have a sh!t pile of guns that are good.  Then that gives us something to chase.  I'd like to see non static rolls on armor though.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I just think they really need to do something about the duplicate drops , I mean you have to expect it once in a while , but constantly is unacceptable , recently I've only gotten one Exotic that I didn't already have otherwise nothing but duplicates , and the legendaries are all dups , if you shard a gun , guaranteed you'll get it right back , next engram !

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

Honestly, D2 could fix their game simply by adding the number of Legendary Weapons and Armor D1 had BACK INTO the game, even at fixed settings, Only reason for me to shard anything is to see what the max shard count is.... I have everything I want. I'm almost at 300 for all my chars...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

They need to bring back Icebreaker !! I liked the old set up better Primary/Secondary/Heavy , I rarely use a sniper rifle anymore and now I use the hell out of a fusion rifle ! Go figure ! 

• sgtcoy likes this

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 115 posts

The proper way to adress this and keep it balanced between the "hardcore" and "casuals" is actually pretty simple, what if you could change the perks on your guns via weapon mods? for me that sounds far more interesting than going back to the lets grind this nightfall for hours D1 crap.. 

now bare with me for a moment here and let me explain how this can be implemented in to the current system with no major overhauls to balance and drops and what not., right now there is different ways for us to earn mods, but if they limited the amount of actually good ones ( explosive rounds, double tap, full auto etc) to specific activities like the prestige raid and nightfall, perhaps trials or iron banner, then you would have people chasing this weapon mods, you could only modify one perk on your gun, but imagine the posibilities!! all those duplicaded guns could actually have some use, and since mods cant be swaped, once you put a mod on your gun, you cant get it back, and you can add another but it will replace the one you had before.. this would give players something to chase and at the sime time some cool sense of uniqueness!  to your guns.

ofcourse this would come with the cost of having to choose a perk to remove from your guns but the reward could be pretty awesome.

about the expansion im pretty excited, i just wish they would clarify the new raid content thing..

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

The proper way to adress this and keep it balanced between the "hardcore" and "casuals" is actually pretty simple, what if you could change the perks on your guns via weapon mods? for me that sounds far more interesting than going back to the lets grind this nightfall for hours D1 crap.. 

now bare with me for a moment here and let me explain how this can be implemented in to the current system with no major overhauls to balance and drops and what not., right now there is different ways for us to earn mods, but if they limited the amount of actually good ones ( explosive rounds, double tap, full auto etc) to specific activities like the prestige raid and nightfall, perhaps trials or iron banner, then you would have people chasing this weapon mods, you could only modify one perk on your gun, but imagine the posibilities!! all those duplicaded guns could actually have some use, and since mods cant be swaped, once you put a mod on your gun, you cant get it back, and you can add another but it will replace the one you had before.. this would give players something to chase and at the sime time some cool sense of uniqueness!  to your guns.

ofcourse this would come with the cost of having to choose a perk to remove from your guns but the reward could be pretty awesome.

about the expansion im pretty excited, i just wish they would clarify the new raid content thing..

They were talking about this type of system on Guardian Radio this week.  You could also set it such that the mods are disabled in PvP so you have balanced weapons there.

I also liked their idea that Raids give you raid mods. I.e. mod that you can put on ANY weapon to aid in killing Cabal.  That way, if you don't like the Raid weapon, you can put the mod on your MIDA if you want.  

I think a system like this would be fun to do that way you can mod the weapon the way you want and it is uniquely yours. 

This would also also give you reasons to grind out content so you can get those mods.

• Ollie1024 likes this

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

So, the guy kicks butt. That has been established. Osiris looks WAY different to anything I would've expected, but in a good way. As Nkuch said, he looks like he's come straight out of Assassin's Creed: Origins. Don't like the new Ghost Shell though.

Now, him being a Dawnblade is where I have a slight problem. Osiris has always been portrayed as a Sunsinger, and while perhaps the Sunsinger as a subclass may not necessarily exist anymore, I don't see a reason why that can't still be done with Osiris.

My first thought was "Bungie is trying to trick players into thinking Dawnblades are good by showing Osiris using Daybreak.

I'm not buying it Bunige. Dawnblades NEED to be buffed if you're going to make one of the most powerful and well known warlocks in existence a Dawnblade!

Indignation aside, I am really excited for the DLC.

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

My first thought was "Bungie is trying to trick players into thinking Dawnblades are good by showing Osiris using Daybreak.

I'm not buying it Bunige. Dawnblades NEED to be buffed if you're going to make one of the most powerful and well known warlocks in existence a Dawnblade!

Indignation aside, I am really excited for the DLC.

Let's be honest though, at least Osiris makes Dawnblade look cool. Although yes, I do hope that they'll do something more with the Dawnblade. Here's to hoping we might get some new subclass tree options with Curse of Osiris!

• DefiantMars likes this

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 115 posts

They were talking about this type of system on Guardian Radio this week.  You could also set it such that the mods are disabled in PvP so you have balanced weapons there.

I also liked their idea that Raids give you raid mods. I.e. mod that you can put on ANY weapon to aid in killing Cabal.  That way, if you don't like the Raid weapon, you can put the mod on your MIDA if you want.  

I think a system like this would be fun to do that way you can mod the weapon the way you want and it is uniquely yours. 

This would also also give you reasons to grind out content so you can get those mods.

Raid oriented mods, that could help with prestige or even that allow you to recibe less damage in certain fights would also kick ass... we have been talking about the guns but this could also apply to armor, and then you could have different sets for specific activities..

i really really hope they do something like this.

• DefiantMars likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I just wish the raid would have been made less platform/puzzle(heavy mechanics) like , because I still have no desire to do it , If it were more like Crotas End or VOG , even Kings Falls then maybe otherwise they can keep it , and if they don't take the timer off of Nightfall I'll pass on that too !

• sgtcoy likes this