Photo

D2 on PC getting slammed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I don't play on the PC but what little I have read is that Bungie has banned over 400 players so far and there are some unhappy folks wanting their money back. 

Not a good release for D2 on the PC.  There are people who are afraid to play or play to much due to potentially being banned. 

They have reinstated several accounts but it had to do with their anti-cheating program falsely identifying cheaters.  Like I said not a PC gamer.  So the issues they are describing, I don't understand.  But bottom line is that Bungie is scrambling around the clock to fix these issues. 

Not looking good for D2's future.

If someone has more insight than my little to no insight please share.  I was hoping when I hopped on tonight someone would have broken it down what all is happening. 

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

From what I read, and this was before 4pm CT last night that accounts don't get "auto banned".  They manually investigate each instance and pass out bans if the situation warrants.  

From what I gather, people are getting erroneous banned error messages.  I cannot confirm this.  I haven't read up on it yet this morning.

I agree with some of what I read.  It would be nice if Bungie put out a list of software that is classified such that it would get an account banned.

They do need to fix the ban message.  Best thing folks can do, don't run anything else while playing Destiny. Case closed.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I would agree with one exception.  There is no party chat from what I've read.  So to chat with clan mates or anyone in general you have to use a 3rd party?  Like you said earlier.  Don't know if this is true but its what I've read. 

I seen complaints concerning that issue and that PC gamers are used to chat feeds on screen and those don't exist for this game.  Kinda strange.  Time will tell I guess. 

Your right though nipping this in the bud months ago by telling them, hey this is not allowed and this is fine, would have worked better, especially if this is where all the issues are coming from.  I would rather read and follow this "news worthy" story than stuff we see on the 10 o'clock news.  lol

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Reading more this morning and it appears that there were a lot of accounts erroneously banned, which they have reversed.  Which is good.  I'm not going to get into the nitty-gritty of this debacle.  I'm not on PC and I'm on a low sodium diet.  

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Yeah, lots of chatter on the Destiny Discord page as well.