Photo

Destiny 1

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I got interested Saturday and decided to put my Destiny disc back in the system and booted it up.

I was surprised when I saw the tower full of Guardians.  My tower had 12 guardians, everything from level 6 to 40.  I checked the lower level characters and they were all brand spanking new.  Xur was even here.

I then flew to the Iron Temple and it was full, and then to the Reef.  It had 5 guardians, so not so full, but visited Varicks and got my weekly booty.  

I started matchmaking in the Crucible and in seconds I was at 10 players.  I backed out because I know I'd just get wrecked. I'm so used to my D2 loadouts.

It's amazing how a dead game is still full of life.

I'm hopeful that D2 will become the game we want it to be over time.

• Art of War, sgtcoy and Kingdomville like this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

I got interested Saturday and decided to put my Destiny disc back in the system and booted it up.

I was surprised when I saw the tower full of Guardians.  My tower had 12 guardians, everything from level 6 to 40.  I checked the lower level characters and they were all brand spanking new.  Xur was even here.

I then flew to the Iron Temple and it was full, and then to the Reef.  It had 5 guardians, so not so full, but visited Varicks and got my weekly booty.  

I started matchmaking in the Crucible and in seconds I was at 10 players.  I backed out because I know I'd just get wrecked. I'm so used to my D2 loadouts.

It's amazing how a dead game is still full of life.

I'm hopeful that D2 will become the game we want it to be over time.

Yeah, at this point I feel I'm more likely to play D1 than D2. I'm only up to 293 on D2 but have already lost interest in the game and haven't touched it since the IB. I'm at a 400 level 40 on all 3 characters in D1, but main a Hunter so I've been considering restarting my Titan and/or Warlock over again in D1 just to replay it. At this point Im not even sure I'll play the upcoming D2 DLCs when they drop. Probably check it out maybe to see if Bungie addresses any of the major concerns and I'll be quick to lose interest if they don't do a major overhaul. I think the PC players are going to eat Bungie alive once the PC version drops. Maybe that will force Bungie to make some changes. Anyway, it's good to hear that D1 is still thriving. It would not surprise me at all if D1 eventually becomes more populated than D2 in the future as veteran players may begin to migrate back to the Destiny we all love.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I've been dropping in every week to see what Xur is selling in hopes of getting my hands on a Jade Rabbit or Zen Meteor instead of having to grind for it , I may start grinding for them once I get my D2 Titan thru the campaign ! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

I'm going to make a quick return to D1 soon to get some screenshots of my Warlock. One of my friends has offered to do an art piece of him for me.

Still salty that I never got a Queenbreaker's Bow though!  :verymad:

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

I'm going to make a quick return to D1 soon to get some screenshots of my Warlock. One of my friends has offered to do an art piece of him for me.

Still salty that I never got a Queenbreaker's Bow though!  :verymad:Y

You can have one of mine lol

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I have considered going back as well. I still never got a "god roll" Eysaluna.  I spent so much time playing classic mode waiting and only getting crap rolls.  But I kept playing.  Plus I still need to win a few matches of Doubles, Salvage, and Rumble to have a maxed out Grimoire Score. <---- Something else D2 missed out on. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

Still salty that I never got a Queenbreaker's Bow though!  :verymad:

I just got Queensbreaker Bow never had it or Dreg's promise before , purchased both out of the Exotic Kiosk in the Tower !!  :D

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

I just got Queensbreaker Bow never had it or Dreg's promise before , purchased both out of the Exotic Kiosk in the Tower !!  :D

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN

You've never gotten them before, but they were available in your kiosk?! AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN

You've never gotten them before, but they were available in your kiosk?! AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?!

Yep , they were available in my kiosk , I was quite surprised , I sharded an Invective and The Hereafter to buy them both !! I was never lucky enough to get either one to drop , from Poe or otherwise , I went to see what Xur had and decided to check the kiosk for laughs and when I hovered the cursor over Queenbreaker it didn't say discovery required like it used to soooooooooo, I shared Hereafter then when it did the same for Dregs promise , I took a Invective I had in the vault and did the same !! 

• Kingdomville likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Yep , they were available in my kiosk , I was quite surprised , I sharded an Invective and The Hereafter to buy them both !! I was never lucky enough to get either one to drop , from Poe or otherwise , I went to see what Xur had and decided to check the kiosk for laughs and when I hovered the cursor over Queenbreaker it didn't say discovery required like it used to soooooooooo, I shared Hereafter then when it did the same for Dregs promise , I took a Invective I had in the vault and did the same !! 

Huh.  I wonder if all the exotics opened up. ???  I need Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast to round out my collection.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Huh.  I wonder if all the exotics opened up. ???  I need Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast to round out my collection.

If that's true then I have to get on tonight. I am getting a bloody QB tonight, and no-one's gonna stop me.

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

If that's true then I have to get on tonight. I am getting a bloody QB tonight, and no-one's gonna stop me.

Sorry, I just bought the last one lol

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Sorry, I just bought the last one lol

NOPE, I GOT IT

I've been waiting for this day SOOO long. BEST. FUSION. RIFLE. EVER.

It looks so cool, and actually feels like an Exotic weapon! I played one story mission with Queenbreaker's Bow last night (since I wanted to get back to D2 as well), and I had a great time with it. It has a great reserve ammo count, crazy aim assistance, BASICALLY NO DAMAGE FALLOFF, fast charge time when using the combat scope, high impact even with the combat scope, fast reload speed, solid stability, a snappy frame with Single Point Sling, and very predictable recoil. It's everything I've ever wanted! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  :wub2:

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I got both just before the end so I don't know , there are a few other I don't have ,Like Pocket Infinity that it still requires "discovery" 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

I got both just before the end so I don't know , there are a few other I don't have ,Like Pocket Infinity that it still requires "discovery" 

WAIT.

I JUST REALISED SOMETHING.

VIPERTEC, HAVE YOU GOTTEN LORD OF WOLVES TO DROP BEFORE?

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

WAIT.

Don't you ever play Prison of Elders? I think I've gotten around 17,000 Lord Of Wolves to drop playing PoE.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Don't you ever play Prison of Elders? I think I've gotten around 17,000 Lord Of Wolves to drop playing PoE.

That's how I was trying to get Queenbreaker's Bow originally (Lord of Wolves was literally all I ever got to drop, like all the time), but I just had a thought:

When I went to my kiosk, not all of the exotic weapons were available. However, all of the POE weapons were.
So, if Bungie didn't immediately make all of them available, why are Queenbreaker's Bow and Dreg's Promise, which I've never gotten before, available for purchase?

Hear me out, but I reckon we've just been ignorant this whole time. What if getting one of the weapons from POE to drop actually makes them all available for purchase from the kiosk. In which case, I've been able to purchase it ever since April last year, WITHOUT EVER REALISING. IT'S BEEN AVAILABLE THE WHOLE TIME.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

WAIT.

Yes I've have Lord of the Wolves  it's in my vault . No I check from time to time and even after I had LOTW , I couldn't get Queensbreaker or Dregs without "discovery" .

Xur is selling Jade Rabbit !!