Photo

Nightfall time restriction is unreasonable. Not fun anymore.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jandras

Jandras

New Blood

• 1 posts

Nightfall strikes used to be fun in Destiny 1 and yet still challenging.  The time restriction is so great now that a player must find ways of ignoring much of the play.  I would bet that 75 percent or more attempts are unsuccessful.  Many players have given up even attempting nightfall strikes. Destiny 2 should provide fun to all of its players and not to just a few who are seeking ultra challenges. If Destiny wishes to provide a bonus for short duration completions that's fine but as it is now most of the player community find nightfall out of reach.

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

I agree 100%. Modifiers in general are an uncreative way for lazy game developers to rehash old warn-out or played-out content. The Timer Modifier is the laziest of the lazy on the list of modifiers.  

• sgtcoy likes this

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 171 posts

I havent even touched a nightfall strike yet in Destiny 2. Yet im 292~ on my Titan.

The new timer is so stupid, the old one was: You didn't finish the strike in the time? Doesn't matter, you just dont get the extra reward. This new timer is like: Oh didnt finish? here, start all over again :D.

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 239 posts

What was wrong with throwing you all back into orbit if you wipe?

Nightfalls don't even have to be super hard, just the thought of being flung back into orbit got the adrenaline pumping and made you stick together it was just fine.

• str8upnobs and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

This week the timer didn't play too big of a part.  It was the first week where I completed it on all 3 of my guys.  But...  It isn't the same as running Omnigal on the NF and get to the end and getting thrown back to Orbit.  That was frustrating but you took your time and used teamwork to complete it.  It was very rewarding that way.  Saturday night I ran it 3 times in a row and we basically just ran as fast as we could shooting as little as possible and died many times try to get through the laser beam portion.  Timing isn't my strong suit. 

I do understand the frustration by being timed on a NF.  I don't like it and wish there was a happy medium where they combined toughness with modifiers (faster ability recharge rate, etc.)  and dropped the timed portion completely.  Personally I would rather it took longer but you had to clear the ads before moving on and if the team wiped then you would either go back to the previous CP, then if you wiped again go back another CP until you ended up in Orbit.  It would feel more rewarding to complete rather than saying you beat the timer and skipped the majority of the strike. 

• str8upnobs likes this