Photo

The Destiny Community has spoken and...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

The Destiny Community has spoken and Destiny 2 is not very good.

d2.PNG

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Also, I saw on Slickdeals.net (I think) the game is already $39.00.  It might be the same as every game that has been out a month but if it was extremely popular and flying off the shelves, I wouldn't think that they would drop it almost half price. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I can understand why , all the duplicates you get , a person only needs so many shotguns , boots etc. . The Crucible isn't fun anymore ,even though I'm not a big PVP player I did always enjoy Iron Banner , in Destiny 2  not so much , I got to rank 4 and gave up it just wasn't worth  the effort . I have no desire to do Nightfall or the Raid , I always liked doing Nightfall but I don't like doing timed stuff , for that matter all the strikes are a little too long maybe and the loot system needs an overhaul already , being I don't have as much time to play as I did with D1 , doing public events and adventures is enough to keep me happy for now . If I had to give it a rating I give it a C . 

• Mat likes this

Mat

Mat

Forum Colonel

• 1709 posts

Yeah, I gave it a 6/10

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  I'm surprised no one was able to smell anything burning... Ha!!!   :woot:

I've been somewhat vocal recently about my opinions about Destiny 2.  I've actually come full circle again.

Destiny 2 for the base game is an amazing game.  The game play is fantastic.  I don't think I've seen any complaints/salty posts about how the game itself looks, feels, plays, etc.  

I enjoyed the Destiny 2 story. 

Is Destiny 2 a perfect game?  Absolutely not.  I do believe there are many quality of life adjustments that need to be made.  There are the loot drops which I am not a game designer to begin to try to say how they should be, but something definitely needs to be modified to make it better.

I just feel that instead of me staying on the Bungie salt band wagon, I'm going to jump off for now and just enjoy the game as it is.  

I remember when I first started Destiny 1, January 3, 2015.  I spent maybe a total of 30 hours playing over 5 months.  I found Destiny fun, but lacking in something.  I would spend most of my time just rooting around in patrols sniping dregs with my Hereafter.  I loved the sound of that gun.  I knew nothing about light levels, I knew nothing about Raids, I just played to waste time.  I was a true "casual" player.  

It wasn't until PlayStation opened up PlayStation Plus for a month that I even jumped into the Crucible.  That's when I started to play Destiny more.  But it wasn't until TTK that I started really understanding this game and the social aspect of it.

Destiny 2 is now (as of this post) 44 days old.  I have nose hairs that are older than that.  I have over 149 hours currently logged in actual game play in Destiny 2 and I still have stuff I need to do.  i can definitely say that I have gotten my $/hour played out of this game so far.  I remember games that I paid $60 and only got less than 10 hours in game play and then there was nothing to do, there were not updates to fix issues, there was just the game I bought and that's that. So, I can't really complain.  

As I said, the base game is a great game.  We as hard core guardians find the end game lacking and Bungie does know this.  I am still enjoying the Crucible, although there are many changes here that I would like to see as well.  But I'm not going to jump ship, yet.  I think over time Destiny 2 will become a fantastic game.  We just need to give them time to address the issues we're telling them about.

Thanks for listening/reading...

(some minor grammer edits)

• Kingdomville likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

Problem is that the Destiny community worked so hard and faithfully stuck through the evolution of Destiny as we waited patiently for the changes to be made to fix issues. Our struggles brought Destiny 1 from a bit of a mess to something everyone of us fell in love with. Now Bungie has spit in our faces and developed a watered down version of the game while ignoring all the enhancements we fought so hard for to be implemented over the years. Here we are with vanilla Destiny 2 and back to square 1... no, actually vanilla D2 isn't even as polished and refined as vanilla D1. Let that sink in.  So, now we're expected to fight for the original changes we fought for during D1?  Bungie has totally disrespected the Destiny community.

• LORD_VADER_2000 and sgtcoy like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I can understand this.  

Once I read that one post on Reddit, where the guy discusses that much of D2 had already been written prior to much of the D1 live stuff coming out, it never had a chance to be written into D2.  So I don't think they disrespected what we worked to get in D1. I just don't think they had time to add it all in.

I am NOT a game developer, so I don't know and can't discuss with full confidence of what can or can't be done while writing a game, etc.  My programming knowledge stops here:

10 input "what is your name?",U$

20 print "hello "; U$

30 end

That is why I have hopes that once the PC launch happens, the live team will go at D2 like ants when you kick their mound.  If I'm wrong, then well, I'll figure out what I'm going to do with my 2000 hours over the next three years at that time.  I'm not going to make any generalist comments about my future with Destiny 2 that I'm may have to eat.   :ohmy:

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

I like Destiny 2.  I don't love it, but I like it. 

But compared to where Destiny left off, Destiny 2 almost seems like a step backwards.

Not that they didn't listen to the communities suggestions.  They did implement some of the things that we griped about. 

But ... in the same breath, they removed a few things that kept people playing when content was low.

Random rolls kept me playing a lot longer than I had expected.  I wish that they would implement some form of random rolls on weapons.  Even if its just sights and the final perk on the weapon.  It would give players something to hunt for. 

It would add a little something to hope for. 

• LORD_VADER_2000 and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I read the same thing on Reddit and even commented on that post.  The comment was that it takes months and months to write the code necessary to build a game.  My argument was - why put out a game that is unfinished and then go on to build it up like it is going to be light years ahead of D1 and a game that everyone will love. 

I'm a huge fan of telling the truth, even if it is unpopular and not liked, because I can respect that your not hiding something.  If they would have came out 6 months prior to D2 being released and said "I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this game isn't quite ready and we need to push it back a few months to get some problems fixed and new things added" I would have been upset but would respect the fact that they don't want to put out a mediocre game.  Especially since D2 has been building up since year 1. 

To bring a game online in its current state, they had to see the potential in Destiny loyalists spitting hate and discontent about a half completed game.  It was a huge gamble and the community wasn't stupid.  The game literally is half completed.  They worked on areas to get them running and then ran out of time to add the quality of life we were used to. 

The game itself, mechanics/graphics, are top notch.  The guns themselves feel nice.  I am critical on some of the changes but understand them as well for trying something new.  Like 4v4.  They could have just made a competitive playlist (trials included) with these changes and leave 6v6 for other game modes.  Not being able to choose control or clash instead of it being random, I get.  I don't like it but not a game changer.  

Like I said earlier, I am not discounting the game taking a long time to write and create but why put a unfinished product out and then try to sell it to the community as you are making it better.  Be straight with the community instead of defending something "they" clearly know is a step back from where we were. 

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I read the same thing on Reddit and even commented on that post.  The comment was that it takes months and months to write the code necessary to build a game.  My argument was - why put out a game that is unfinished 

Because they had no more content for Destiny 1 and they had already delayed Destiny 2 by a year. It was either release the game as is, or suffer the wrath and salt of the community by not putting anything out. Good or bad, it had to be done.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Just a side note.  I've mentioned this before but wanted to take note of how many active clanmates were online over the weekend.  At 1100 on Friday night we had 15 people online (out of 81) and Saturday night at 1130 we had 11 (out of 81.)  I hate to keep bringing this up but 30ish days out and the amount of people not playing D2 is crazy.  I wouldn't think that my clan is the only one with a decreased number of people playing. 

I'm not looking forward to seeing my friends list after the game has been out 60 days.     

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

It would have been nice if they found some new enemies to fight , and for crying out loud get rid of the Taken , I didn't like them in D1 now they are just annoying !

• LORD_VADER_2000 likes this