• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I got censored.  LOL...

Well, I finally made it to 305.

Thanks to the weekly reset of the powerful engrams.

I got three 300 helmets in a row, then when I turned in Call to Arms, I get a 300 cloak.  I squealed.  

Now I have something to grind planetary tokens for.

I don't know if many of you know about  https://twitter.com/...engrams?lang=en

Once you reach 300 base power level, the vendor engrams change power level every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour.  They change between 297 and 300.  This twitter is Guardians in the wild reporting which ones are doing so.  So now I can farm the tokens, wait for the vendors to give out 300 engrams and go cash in.

I did this with IO and he gave me three 300 snipers.  *grumble*

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

My interview to you Michael is:

Now that your a natural 300 what are your plans for the next 2 months?

What will be the grind for you personally?

And if you answered the above question.  What will you grind for after that?

I only ask because, I don't see a end game.  I see the carrot I'm chasing (305 power level) but after that there is nothing to grind for.  I dunno.  Am I missing something?  The only thing that you can't get without doing the Raid is the Raid armor.  Everything else can be "gifted" to you every week.  If you aren't into cosmetics because honestly the Raid armor is no better than, say Iron Banner armor or any other armor for that matter.  I'm just at a loss.  Because I just don't see a future in its current state. 

I'm really not trying to start a sub-discussion off  your original thread.  But had to ask the questions now that your 305. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

My interview to you Michael is:

Now that your a natural 300 what are your plans for the next 2 months?

What will be the grind for you personally?

And if you answered the above question.  What will you grind for after that?

I only ask because, I don't see a end game.  I see the carrot I'm chasing (305 power level) but after that there is nothing to grind for.  I dunno.  Am I missing something?  The only thing that you can't get without doing the Raid is the Raid armor.  Everything else can be "gifted" to you every week.  If you aren't into cosmetics because honestly the Raid armor is no better than, say Iron Banner armor or any other armor for that matter.  I'm just at a loss.  Because I just don't see a future in its current state. 

I'm really not trying to start a sub-discussion off  your original thread.  But had to ask the questions now that your 305. 

Good questions there sgtcoy...

1. What are my plans for the next two months?

• I plan on grinding my hunter to have all 300 gear in my inventory by doing planetary events to get the tokens so I can get 300 gear from the vendors when they have it.
  • I plan on grinding my Titan to 300, I still have armor pieces he needs to get to 300.  Then the same with him on the planetary tokens
  • I plan on leveling up my Warlock which I just started and he's only level 11
  • Then when I have the ability to do comms again, I will do prestige NF and then hopefully the Raid in both modes just to get them done.

2. What will you grind for after I've accomplished the above?

Well, I'm going to do the exact same thing I did in Destiny 1.  Daily, I'll run some PvE to get my brain acclimated again to the game, then I'll run Crucible all night.  It's cathartic for me.  Plus, I want to get better.  I'm decent, but still make a lot of mistakes.  So, I play a lot and try different things.

In Destiny 1, I didn't do my first raid until July 8 2016. A year and a half after I started playing Destiny.  I got my flawless raider on July 8, 2017.  I didn't care about end game.  I just wanted to play and get better as it was my first online FPS since I played Duke Nukem on PC in LAN parties.  It was a time waster. My wife was out of town taking care of our newborn grand baby.  I got tired of watching TV.  So, I use the same 60" TV for playing games.  

I have confidence that Destiny 2 is going to get better. Content will be added.  

Yes, there is a lot that can be added. Collectibles, record books, more trophies.  Destiny 1 is the first game ever for me that I got 100% of the trophies. I chased the trophies.  I like the Grimoire score.  I chased that score.  I didn't go for all the collectibles until last summer when I had ACL surgery and had 2 full weeks of playing non stop while my leg was in a constant motion machine.  

And don't worry about derailing my thread.  LOL.  It's all good conversation and conversations have a tendency to go different directions.  It's all good.

• sgtcoy and HockeyDad21 like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Very good answers.  I wasn't trying to put you on the spot but just more curious than anything else.  Right now with my work schedule I only play on Friday and Saturday nights so getting clanmates to run through the NF again is a luck of the draw.  Myself and 5 other guys have decided to run the Raid blind.  As of now we only have completed 2 parts and figured out the 3rd.  So that is fun for now.  A couple of the guys are collectors and are getting over anxious to get all the armor so I don't know how much longer we can blindly go at the raid.  Other than that, I checked Discord for the first time in a couple of weeks tonight and the majority of the guys are off playing other games already.  So "when" I get to 305, I will have a big decision to make.  Grind for the tokens which seem monotonous to me to get other gear maxed out or just quit playing because they will raise the Power Level up in December and we will be back to chasing the carrot again. 

I was like you and played to get better and chased things like Grimoire and obtained my first Platinum trophy in D1.  I could and would still be playing that game if more people in my clan played.  Just never got old to me.  I guess the "chase to 305" doesn't have the same feeling for me as it did in Y1 - Y3.  I hope like you mentioned before that they listen and make improvements for our QOL and with the game in general.  Its has been easy for me to beat them up and not give much feedback other than "fix it."  But we shall see.  In December you can post a thread with "The chase to 365" or whatever the number will be.  Hopefully were all still playing and enjoying the game when you put that thread out... 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

You didn't put me on the spot.  

The funny thing is,  last night I was tired.  I knew if I played Crucible, I'd be horrible. So I just farmed public events on all the locations and now have engrams waiting for me at each location, just waiting for them to be 300.  That was about 2 hours, then nobody was handing out 300s, so I turned it off and watched TV.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Oh the days of running bounties....  The addiction was real...  Now the withdrawals have set in and I've been crabby for a month.  lol 

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Recruit

• 28 posts

Oh the days of running bounties....  The addiction was real...  Now the withdrawals have set in and I've been crabby for a month.  lol 

They definitely lightened up on the rat to the cheese mechanics from D1. . . I'm actually glad they did. Don't get me wrong I put in waaaay too much time into D1 as well, up to Crota's End (just over 1k hours iirc). With no raid in the 2nd dlc I broke the habit and moved on. I just got my 3 toons max lvl this week ( well to be 100% truthful my hunter is 304), and am kind of looking forward to taking a break until Dec. then diving into the hopefully ample, new content(there had better be a raid!). Until then I'll play some Wolfenstein 2, and maybe work on my backlog of games. D2 will be there when I come back. Just my .02  .

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

@str8upnobs  Just wait til you hit .08, then you're really in trouble. (lol, I knew what you meant though). With weapons having set perks, the grind isn't there to get that perfect one. I run 3 toons and all are very close to 305 so the grind is still there for that. I've been able to complete the raid once and will keep on doing it, even if my warlock, hunter and titan have already done it once as I have a very active clan that does raid runs frequently. For me, I still enjoy this game going from planet to planet doing public events, defeating high value targets, completing strikes and doing the weekly crucible.

• str8upnobs likes this