My interview to you Michael is:
Now that your a natural 300 what are your plans for the next 2 months?
What will be the grind for you personally?
And if you answered the above question. What will you grind for after that?
I only ask because, I don't see a end game. I see the carrot I'm chasing (305 power level) but after that there is nothing to grind for. I dunno. Am I missing something? The only thing that you can't get without doing the Raid is the Raid armor. Everything else can be "gifted" to you every week. If you aren't into cosmetics because honestly the Raid armor is no better than, say Iron Banner armor or any other armor for that matter. I'm just at a loss. Because I just don't see a future in its current state.
I'm really not trying to start a sub-discussion off your original thread. But had to ask the questions now that your 305.
Good questions there sgtcoy...
1. What are my plans for the next two months?
- I plan on grinding my hunter to have all 300 gear in my inventory by doing planetary events to get the tokens so I can get 300 gear from the vendors when they have it.
- I plan on grinding my Titan to 300, I still have armor pieces he needs to get to 300. Then the same with him on the planetary tokens
- I plan on leveling up my Warlock which I just started and he's only level 11
- Then when I have the ability to do comms again, I will do prestige NF and then hopefully the Raid in both modes just to get them done.
2. What will you grind for after I've accomplished the above?
Well, I'm going to do the exact same thing I did in Destiny 1. Daily, I'll run some PvE to get my brain acclimated again to the game, then I'll run Crucible all night. It's cathartic for me. Plus, I want to get better. I'm decent, but still make a lot of mistakes. So, I play a lot and try different things.
In Destiny 1, I didn't do my first raid until July 8 2016. A year and a half after I started playing Destiny. I got my flawless raider on July 8, 2017. I didn't care about end game. I just wanted to play and get better as it was my first online FPS since I played Duke Nukem on PC in LAN parties. It was a time waster. My wife was out of town taking care of our newborn grand baby. I got tired of watching TV. So, I use the same 60" TV for playing games.
I have confidence that Destiny 2 is going to get better. Content will be added.
Yes, there is a lot that can be added. Collectibles, record books, more trophies. Destiny 1 is the first game ever for me that I got 100% of the trophies. I chased the trophies. I like the Grimoire score. I chased that score. I didn't go for all the collectibles until last summer when I had ACL surgery and had 2 full weeks of playing non stop while my leg was in a constant motion machine.
And don't worry about derailing my thread. LOL. It's all good conversation and conversations have a tendency to go different directions. It's all good.