Photo

Mixed Emotions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

When was the last time you were Sniped in the Crucible?  If your like me, I can remember the one and only time it happened.  I thought he was AFK and just standing in his spawn so I run at him for the easy kill and bam, he snipes me.  I was shocked, surprised, and embarrassed frankly. 

Is anyone missing Sniping in the Crucible?  I spent months getting good enough to use the NLB in Trials.  And now that aspect is pretty much gone.  Yes, you can get power ammo and "try" to get kills with a sniper but is it worth it? 

So my mixed emotions are simple.  Yes, it is nice running to a control point and not worrying about getting headshot nonstop but it was kinda fun taking that long shot and pissing people off with a ridiculous 10 feet over the head, headshots with the NLB.  What are your feelings on this? 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I still get sniped in the Crucible. Not quite as much, but it's still there.  I've been sniped from 2-ft away and from 100 Yards.  When it happens, I always say.  "Good shot....a$$shole". LOL...

I also get shot gunned as well.  

These are not that prevalent but they do happen.  I'm actually happy with how much it does happen. It's not so much that I'm complaining about snipers, but it not so little that it never happens.  You also have to consider, that the amount of sniper lanes in D2 seems to be less than in D1.  

I've sniped a couple of times, just to realize that I am still not good at sniping.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Personally, I was never a fan of sniping as i used sidearms as my secondary weapon mostly in D1. Now with them being in the power slot and youre lucky to get power ammo that often to even use it, I really don't miss it at all. Have to admit that games flow much better when you don;t have someone camping in one spot. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

With the small teams and small maps, I haven't really thought about it. 

Only once that I can recall knowingly being sniped. It was on the map near the iron temple.  I was charging into B and managed to take out the one guy that was watching over it.  Or so I thought.  I just happen to turn and see someone crouched down just behind a rock.  I turned to fire ... blam ... dead. 

Took me a moment to figure out what happened. 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Sniping isn't as effective as it used to be, but I had the BEST time with Borealis yesterday afternoon.

The thing handles beautifully. I got the first power ammo spawn near Zone A, quickscoped to the roofs beside the zone, shot twice and profited twice. Best snipes of my LIFE.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Don't get me wrong not getting sniped is good business for my K.D.  Or to be politically correct my Efficiency Rating.  But it has taken the skill out of this game and turned it into follow your buddies and everyone shoot at one guy.  Then move to the next.  Its a whole lot easier to get a 5+ efficiency rating than it was to get a 1.0 K/D in D1. 

For the players that never used a sniper in their loadout this is good news for them and doesn't affect their gameplay at all.  But I always carried a sniper and my shot was either on and I used it a lot or it was off and I stuck with primaries and played more aggressive.  D2 took away rewarding aggressive playstyles and instead rewarded hanging in a 4 man "shooting squad" to win the game.  I understand the need to play as a team but at the same time it is being forced because if you are met by a group of more than 1, you will die 80% of the time.  It is simply unavoidable. 

I would still like to see snipers come back in the "special" slot (or whatever its called now).  I wouldn't care if it was harder but it would give me something to work on to get better.  The only thing I can work on right now is attaching a tether to my teammates waists and trying to stay with the herd.