Photo

Nice to see Bungie taking a beating over D2 on the Bungie.net boards

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

I'm a long time faithful user of the Planet Destiny forum, but this morning I wandered over to the Destiny 2 forum on Bungie.net since it's been a "little slow" around here lately. Loved it back in the early days of D1 when the PD forum was hopping with activity.

Anyways, it was good to read that many of the same concerns and negative changes about Destiny 2 brought up here are also being discussed heavily on the Bungie site. Reading through the comments over there it's like a riot lol. Hopefully Bungie listens to the feedback of the Destiny community before it's too late.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I was thinking of going over there and letting loose , IB rank 4 still no armor and a duplicate of a weapon , I give up ! 

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

I was thinking of going over there and letting loose , IB rank 4 still no armor and a duplicate of a weapon , I give up ! 

Good luck getting the IB armor. I've opened 16 IB packages and have got a ton of duplicate weapons and only the chest armor and legs armor (5 leg armor). Still haven't gotten the helmet, gauntlets, or cloak.

Actually, I've only played D2 Iron Banner out of respect and nostalgia of D1.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

Thats about the only reason I played IB.  (nostalgia) 

I've only pushed through 5 packages.  Once I heard that the prize for getting 10 packages was an emblem ... I kinda lost interest.  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

It's the same reaction on Reddit as well.  I think that it would be hard to please everyone with a new game but it seems like pleasing the majority would make more sense than pleasing the few. 

I'm already looking forward for the new DLC, one month in, for new content (or reasons to play.)

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I got an IB emblem in the 1st package , I just want armor , oh well maybe next time around ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I got my Titan to rank 10 and only got one piece of armor, the legs.  I wanted the Titan IB mark.

My hunter is rank 14 and he has two arms and one leg and two cloaks.

Yes. I've been reading Reddit a lot lately.  I don't post there. I would be eaten alive.  I don't read Bungie.net.  One, it's blocked at work, and two, It's worse than Reddit.  

I do miss this forum being the hopping place it used to be as well.  Lots of those I know post on Discord now.

I know Bungie knows the community is looking for more, but hopefully they'll deliver something that will appease the masses, but I think they're working towards the PC launch and then they'll address us.

The issue is, they may change one thing, I may be happy with that change, but others may not.  etc.  It's a never ending cycle.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 172 posts

I got my Titan to rank 10 and only got one piece of armor, the legs.  I wanted the Titan IB mark.

My hunter is rank 14 and he has two arms and one leg and two cloaks.

Yes. I've been reading Reddit a lot lately.  I don't post there. I would be eaten alive.  I don't read Bungie.net.  One, it's blocked at work, and two, It's worse than Reddit.  

I do miss this forum being the hopping place it used to be as well.  Lots of those I know post on Discord now.

I know Bungie knows the community is looking for more, but hopefully they'll deliver something that will appease the masses, but I think they're working towards the PC launch and then they'll address us.

The issue is, they may change one thing, I may be happy with that change, but others may not.  etc.  It's a never ending cycle.

The cynic in me is beginning to think that Bungie will make changes but lock them behind the DLC paywall. There is a lot that needs fixing but I'm thinking that Bungie will use the changes as the worm on the DLC fishing line so to speak.

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

The cynic in me is beginning to think that Bungie will make changes but lock them behind the DLC paywall. There is a lot that needs fixing but I'm thinking that Bungie will use the changes as the worm on the DLC fishing line so to speak.

Yeah that seems to be what Bungie is all about. Put out a deeply flawed game and then we have to pay up to have them fix it.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 172 posts

Yeah that seems to be what Bungie is all about. Put out a deeply flawed game and then we have to pay up to have them fix it.

I for one refuse to fall into that trap any more. If Bungie wants my money for these next two DLC or any point after, things need to change BIG time. If it turns out to be more of the same, then I'm done.
  • Art of War and wonega like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I've already paid for both DLCs, so no big deal there for me.  But I understand everyone elses concerns about that. However, I think we'll start seeing changes after the PC launch.  Once the PC group gets a hold of it and EVERYONE is squawking for change, it will happen.

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

I already purchased the Destiny 2 DLC Expansion pass when I bought the game. Having second thoughts about that. I do think that will be the last time I ever buy DLC's in advance for any game especially a Bungie game.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I didn't buy the dlc yet , but I know I'm going to , 2 copies actually, for some reason , this time around , I'm not feeling the strikes , I have no desire to do NF and I think the raid looks totally stupid so I'm not going to do that , but I will get the dlc for the "new" campaign missions and whatever ! 

Mat

Mat

Forum Colonel

• 1709 posts

Fuck Bungie. Lazy incompetent pricks.

• Art of War likes this

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 268 posts

They will prb only get one shot at the PC bunch and what they are giving is shit. As for me im loving South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

They will prb only get one shot at the PC bunch and what they are giving is shit. As for me im loving South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Yeah, a couple of my clanmates that got bored with Destiny 2 jumped over to South Park: The Fractured But Whole and they all love it too.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

My hunter is rank 14 and he has two arms and one leg ...

What happened to his other leg?  :woot: :P 

Thinking back, Bungie has always taken a beating on their own forum.  Through every Halo game released the Bungie forums have been a fire pit where people show up to roast Bungie.

So I guess that's nothing new really. S.O.P.