Photo

It's probably me, but I didn't realize regarding the factions......

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

that you are only pledged to them during the Faction Rallies. I didn't quite realize that after the special event was done, you no longer were pledged to them and didn't obtain rep any more. So I ask Bungie this stupid question: why make them temporary and limited events?

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I also asked friends of mine today about this.  I tried to pledge to FWC on my brand new level 20 guy.  They missed the mark again with this change.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

It's going to be a monthly thing like the Iron Banner.  

That's why I thought allowing you to pledge different factions between your characters is kind of self defeating.  

I think the Faction Rally should be account based, where once you pledge a faction on one character, that's your faction for all your characters.  Then have a leader board in game so we can see who's in the lead and we can help.

Have Crucible games where only Dead Orbit members are teamed up against FWC members, if you win, you get tokens, if you lose, you don't.  That sort of thing.  Make it seem more like a competition and not a participation award thing.

• R MK XXV, sgtcoy and GrendelPrime like this

LORD_VADER_2000

LORD_VADER_2000

Apprentice

• 55 posts

I am sorely disappointed with the how the Factions are now.  The rewards are too few and far between and then they are not even leveled to your character when you do get them.  

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I am sorely disappointed with the how the Factions are now.  The rewards are too few and far between and then they are not even leveled to your character when you do get them.  

They made mention that this should change in Season II. The next faction rally should be the same as the first.  But probably once the DLC drops, things will change.  Hopefully for the better.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Yeah, right now I am just hoarding all the medallions and planetary materials to prepare for the next update. Any time I've turned those things in, I am not getting rewards to my light level so it's not even worth it. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

... Any time I've turned those things in, I am not getting rewards to my light level so it's not even worth it. 

I turn them in until I get the engram. Then I leave it there until that vendor offers 300 PL.  You can check that via https://twitter.com/vendorengrams

Otherwise, the engram just sits there waiting.  Then I just keep racking up tokens.

You have to be a base Power Level of 300 for the vendors to offer you 300 PL engrams.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

My hunter forever stuck at 299 getting 294 engrams.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

My hunter forever stuck at 299 getting 294 engrams.

The only way over that hump is the weekly powerful engrams.  My hunter was stuck at 299 until I go the 300 cloak.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Yeah, gonna see if I can focus on her over the weekend doing public events, crucible and strikes. Doing a couple raids the next couple days so she might see some action there as well.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

Have Crucible games where only Dead Orbit members are teamed up against FWC members, if you win, you get tokens, if you lose, you don't.  That sort of thing.  Make it seem more like a competition and not a participation award thing.

I'd like to see a Crucible game type called "Turf" or "Faction War" to play a King of the hill type game type.

Each faction would be represented. One 4 man team of Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and Future War Cult would fight to maintain control of a single point. 

To make things interesting, the point would be relocated every 30-45 seconds. 

Points would be awarded based on how long the given hill was held.

Additional points would be awarded for wearing faction gear, shaders and using the faction emblem. 

Rewards of faction tokens would be awarded at the end of each match with a chance of receiving Faction gear too. 

Top team would receive 8 faction tokens.  Second place team would receive 4 faction tokens.  Bottom team would receive 2 Crucible tokens.

Faction gear drop rate would be something like this.  1st place team 25%, 2nd place team 10%, third place team 0%

Light level would correspond to what players light level is.  Maybe a slight point bump higher.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I'd like to see a Crucible game type called "Turf" or "Faction War" to play a King of the hill type game type.

I like this.  If anything, make the existing Crucible modes be Faction against faction.  That would make the faction rally interesting.  

I"m still of the mindset that once you choose a faction, that's your faction across your account, not per character.  I'm in a minority, a "quiet" minority.  

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

That would be great. If there could be a way for the matchmaking to identify individuals that have pledged to a faction and pair them up with similar pledged guardians and then match that to a team from a different faction. I think that would kick this thing up a notch as well - not just basing on pve accomplishments.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

IMO , the Faction rally is a waste of time , just like IB is/was there are supposed to fix this problem , more so now that if Dead Orbit wins you get a piece of crap grenade launcher , may be time to switch factions !