Photo

Public Events

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Is there a easy way to find multiple players engaging public events.  Do you just have to fast travel from one location to the next or do you go out of the area and slowly come back?  When I run solo, I end up being the only one during the entire event and needless to say, I fail.  This is frustrating that it is such a big aspect of the game but if you don't have a fireteam you end up running the event solo.

Off topic and it just made me think of it.  Why can't we see fireteam members on our map when we go to the Director?  If you don't have a mic you literally have to fast travel all around or send the other person a message.  Just a bit annoying.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

Is there a easy way to find multiple players engaging public events.  Do you just have to fast travel from one location to the next or do you go out of the area and slowly come back?  When I run solo, I end up being the only one during the entire event and needless to say, I fail.  This is frustrating that it is such a big aspect of the game but if you don't have a fireteam you end up running the event solo.

Off topic and it just made me think of it.  Why can't we see fireteam members on our map when we go to the Director?  If you don't have a mic you literally have to fast travel all around or send the other person a message.  Just a bit annoying.

One thing I've done that seems to help is going in to orbit and tracking the Public Event while I'm in orbit before launching in. I almost always get in to a Punlic Event with other players when I do that. Ais0 the EDZ seems to be the most likely populated place to find others doing Public Events.

• sgtcoy likes this

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 171 posts

More often than not, The spawn area, Saren's watch, on Titanis usually a good place to try.

I usually find people there. The RARE time that i don't, it doesn't matter since that public event is easy.

• supermarkus22 likes this

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 96 posts

I only do the public events near spawnpoints. I spawn, look around and if I don't see other people I just respawn at same point.. I always find someone after another respawn or 2.. works like a charm :)

• Noles and sgtcoy like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I find a public event that is near a fast travel location, then I fast travel to that spot over and over again until I find people.

Other ways that i have heard works is to sparrow out of the area and then walk slowly back into the area like we did for Archon's Forge.

• sgtcoy likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Agreed with what's been said before. Earth seems to be the most frequent place to find someone to do public events. If you cant seem to find anyone, go into orbit and select the area again.

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I forgot about the Archon's Forge tactic.  I will try some of these methods.  Thanks gentlemen!!!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Agreed with what's been said before. Earth seems to be the most frequent place to find someone to do public events. If you cant seem to find anyone, go into orbit and select the area again.

I forgot about the Archon's Forge tactic.  I will try some of these methods.  Thanks gentlemen!!!

You don't even have to go back into orbit.  Just fast travel to the same spot.