Photo

Galliard-42 Auto Rifle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I finally started my Titan this weekend.  I got him through the story line.  I got a Legendary elemental auto rifle dropped that I hadn't seen before.  It's the Suros Galliard-42 I have paired it with the Titan Exotic chest Actium War Rig.  This pulls ammo from your reserves if you have the AR equipped.  

This gun was amazing.  I actually beat the final boss using it as I couldn't figure out how to use the Striker super when Gaul is in the air.  

The cool thing about the chest piece is as you're firing, it add ammo as your firing so you can fire longer.  

I've been tearing up the crucible with this gun.  It has decent range and with a mod to stabilize your energy weapons it's pretty darn stable.  If I can put the aim on my opponents head, I usually win the encounter. But I'm still tending to shoot at their feet.  I don't think there is a crit spot on their big toe.

Now, you all know that in D1 I've not been an Auto Rifle guy.  I hated them in D1.  I am loving them in D2.  I have a couple different ones on my Hunter that I like, but this will be my goto AR on my Titan.

• HockeyDad21 and Kingdomville like this

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

Yeah, that chest piece is awesome. I use a Suros AR Mayter's Mark or something like that with similar results

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

I just got one of these last night.  I'll have to give it a try. 

I was using its sister gun "Solemn Hymn" for a while now.  Its not bad, but it looks like Galliard is a little more stable. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I just got one of these last night.  I'll have to give it a try. 

I was using its sister gun "Solemn Hymn" for a while now.  Its not bad, but it looks like Galliard is a little more stable. 

I have the solemn hymn, but I didn't like it as much, for some reason.  But it is a good gun.

What I liked about the Galliard-42 is that I haven't seen it in the Crucible, so I can say, I am not meta.  LOL.. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I forgot to mention. The Galliard-42 has a perk that increases your damage output as you get kills and it stacks 3x.  So it's a beast with adds.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

A group of people in the clan I'm in beat the Raid this week.  And in doing so unlocked another Engram for me to benefit from. 

And what does it decode into?

The Ghost Primus!  (pay no mind to the power level on it)

9365c992-87f7-48fb-92de-7d37060c7f4a_Thu

I haven't even set foot into the raid and low and behold I have gear from it already! 

I have to say, its a pretty sweet autorifle. 

BIG congrats and thank you to my clan mates for, A) beating the raid and B) unlocking another engram for me to enjoy!!

• michael6745 likes this