Photo

Destiny 2 Quality of Life changes I'd like to see

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Well, now that I have a good amount of time under my belt with Destiny 2.  There are a few minor changes I'd like to see for a better quality of life in Destiny 2.

1. To be able to see the challenges for each location prior to going into them.  So I know what my load out needs to be.  I'm tired of flying into a Strike with my Gunslinger and I needed to be Arcstrider.  ETc.

2. Be able to see what my reputation level is without going to the tower for each NPC. Do I have enough Vanguard tokens to level up, or stay in the strike playlist to grind some more out???

3. Shorten the time it takes to activate a patrol.

4. Overhaul the vault.  This minimalist version of the vault is laughable.  

5. Make winning a PvP match give you two tokens so it's worth something to actually win.

What would you like to see changed?

• Art of War, DefiantMars and wonega like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I loved the way when I was trying to buy something from Xur , I kept getting shot , that kind of stuff needs changed . I'd also like to see the next raid be about shooting and not all the stupid puzzles , I watched Mr. Fruit and his team do the raid and it's all puzzle crap , and I thought Kings Fall was bad , but this one is a pass for me , other then that you covered it pretty good ! 

• michael6745 likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

You forgot about reverting shaders back to their non consumable format.  (yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that.)

So far I'm actually ok with a lot of whats in the game.

Granted. I'm still feeling the game out. still trying to figure out what I like and what really needs to be revamped. 

Once I finish the campaign and see what opens up I'll get a better feel for what might be lacking. 

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 239 posts

Having to re-play the story mission with each charactar sucks, when it's only mildly entertaining the first time.This ain't no RPG were you have multi choice that plays out differently each and everytime, your only choice is to either bypass the enemy hordes or not.

you are right the way they have done challangers is stupid, the game wants you to think about your loadout before you go into an activity ,then challengers let you know you have the wrong loadout!(no wonder there are so many people sat out at the start of every activity)bring back quests and get rid of challengers altogether.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Having to re-play the story mission with each charactar sucks, when it's only mildly entertaining the first time.This ain't no RPG were you have multi choice that plays out differently each and everytime, your only choice is to either bypass the enemy hordes or not.

you are right the way they have done challangers is stupid, the game wants you to think about your loadout before you go into an activity ,then challengers let you know you have the wrong loadout!(no wonder there are so many people sat out at the start of every activity)bring back quests and get rid of challengers altogether.

I;m actually fine with the challenges.  It keeps me from having to say, oh crap, I forgot to pick up that bounty.  But it needs to let you know prior to loading what they are.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 700 posts

The vault is still garbage. My girlfriend and I often joke... "Does Bungie even play Destiny?"

Bungie seems clueless sometimes and detached from the game.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I'm part of a large Clan , so there should always be someone to play with , however I work afternoons ,now till midnight and have limited time when I get home to play (usually a half hour to an hour) mainly because I'm beat , throwing a strike at the end of a quest is complete bullshit especially when there is no matchmaking, especially after having to kill 10 named captains with a straw and spitballs !!! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Well after playing for a while I'd like to add the following to the list.

I'd like it if Vendors actually sold weapons and armor and not have it depend on the RNG of decrypting engrams. 

Consumable shaders are stupid!  (never gonna change my mind on that)

Amanda Holiday should really sell more than just vanilla ships and sparrows at her kiosk. 

Vault space.  While this really shouldn't be a problem seeing as there isn't random rolls on weapons, somehow I seem to be short on vault space already.  (will they ever learn)

Strikes, patrols and events just take too damn long.  I have limited time to play so I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3 things done a night ...

Did I say consumable shaders suck yet?

• Vipertec likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Well after playing for a while I'd like to add the following to the list.

Hey, what's you're view on the consumable shaders?  

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Hey, what's you're view on the consumable shaders?  

:verymad: 

:down:

• Vipertec likes this

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 96 posts

I don't like, that you have to dismantle one item at a time.

Would be nice if you could just mark the items and then dismantle them all together, like you can in The division..

the inventory for mods is way too small if you have 3 different characters.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I want Skywatch back !!!! 

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

This is probably more of a content concern than a quality-of-life change, but I'd love it if Bungie would give us all the old locations from D1 to explore again in D2. Even if they just used them as playable areas for DLC, I'd still be happy. I want to explore Mars again!
  • RagingSociopath likes this

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

This is probably more of a content concern than a quality-of-life change, but I'd love it if Bungie would give us all the old locations from D1 to explore again in D2. Even if they just used them as playable areas for DLC, I'd still be happy. I want to explore Mars again!

I was talking to my friend about this awhile back. You have the Warlock Vanguard who lets you go back and do old missions, for crap rewards. How hard would it be for Bungee to incorporate a "Legacy Raid." into the game. Go back in time to fight Oryx, Crota, Atheon, or Aksis. Your rewards come back to D2 from D1, with slightly weaker stats. Because I LOVED the way my hunter looked in D1, I had a whole slew of Taken Armor that I was just buffing up through Aksis (Even though the stats were lacking) I liked the look MORE than I liked the stats.

• Kingdomville likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I was talking to my friend about this awhile back. You have the Warlock Vanguard who lets you go back and do old missions, for crap rewards. How hard would it be for Bungee to incorporate a "Legacy Raid." into the game. Go back in time to fight Oryx, Crota, Atheon, or Aksis. Your rewards come back to D2 from D1, with slightly weaker stats. Because I LOVED the way my hunter looked in D1, I had a whole slew of Taken Armor that I was just buffing up through Aksis (Even though the stats were lacking) I liked the look MORE than I liked the stats.

They may add something like that. But I don't think they would do it on initial release.  They want people to focus on the NEW game.  :)

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

They may add something like that. But I don't think they would do it on initial release. They want people to focus on the NEW game. :)

Yeah, it'd probably be closer to an Age of Triumph sort of thing. Would still be much appreciated though!
Imagine getting a cutscene of our Guardians arriving on Venus to open the door to the Vault of Glass, or a giant monologuing Oryx standing in front of us as we finally find him in his throne world! They did that with the Leviathan, and I'm expecting it for all Raids to come.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I found something else just a tad annoying , due to my new work schedule , I have less time to play , so I try to play a little in the morning before I have to get ready for work , today for the Faction rally it was loot lost sectors on Titan , it would have been nice if instead of wasting my time  looking to find the lost sectors if I could have actually found one  , the markers on the map are useless when the actual marker  is inside a friggin' building , it would be nice if they could fix this ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

A couple more items I'd like to see.

1. Make strikes worth running.  Strike specific loot, more tokens, something.  The only strikes I've run are the ones I needed to to unlock the NF.  Something needs to be done here.

2. Allow your random match made strike team to continue through multiple strikes.  

3. i'm not sure what I want here.  Something seems lacking in D2.  I used to just have fun in the Crucible for hours in D1.  Now I'm just playing a few rounds, and then watching TV.  Something is definitely lacking.  I don't know if it is the constant grind to get that one more light level item.  Now the only way I can upgrade my power level is wait for the weekly reset and get "powerful engrams" then once I blow through those, all the power levels of items I get are exactly the same.

4. Give us content to play that causes people to chat.  I remember this forum used to be hoping with people.  But now it's just a core group.  This is what got me excited about playing Destiny.  Coming here, sharing my stories.  Reading/watching others...  

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

1. Weapons and armor all having the same rolls sucks. Makes the grind boring and unrewarding!

2. The whole turning in tokens to vendors for a crappy legendary engrams sucks.

3. No bounties in Destiny 2 sucks.

4. Legendary engrams dropping at my current Power Level sucks.

Conclusion... on many levels Destiny 2 has regressed. A month after Destiny 1 was released I was still vey much enjoying playing the game. A month after Destiny 2 was released... not so much.

Seems like Blizzard brought their crappy unrewarding Overwatch lootbox reward system to Destiny.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

I agree with a lot of what everyone would like to see changed.  The bounty system in D1 was and still is better than "challenges."  I play Crucible enough each week to get the powerful gear and then quit.  Basically I only play the game on each character to get these rewards then I'm done for the week. 

The set rolls on all weapons is pointless.  This is what most of us grinded for, for hours on end to get the "god roll."  Still never got a good Eysaluna.

Public events are fun if you have a fireteam.  Good luck trying to find more than just you to complete a heroic. 

Vault space is already an issue.  I've got guys in my clan that are collectors and their vaults have been full for weeks. 

There are several things that I like but even more so far that I don't.  I enjoy playing but without some of the changes that you guys mentioned the lifespan of this game will not last 3 years as in D1. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I agree with all of you. 

They wanted to make this a social game that would draw in the "casual" player.  I was a casual player in D1, until I started to find out that there was so much more to the game.  I found this forum and listened to what others were doing and it got me excited.  There was the Grimoire that I found out that I needed to strive to do stuff to get the cards.  

It's hard to play D2 with your friends when your friends don't want to play anymore.

The forums are either quiet or their full of salt.

There is nothing to strive for in D2 to show that I am playing.  The hardcore player wants to show that they are hardcore. They don't want to be classified on the same level as the casual player.  

I don't like to harp on Bungie, but I feel they missed the mark in many ways.

Take the Faction Rally.  We didn't know who was leading.  All they had to do was put a counter in game as to how many tokens each faction has been turned in and that would have driven people to strive to get their faction higher.

I am not a fan of a "participation award" never have been, never will.    That's what I feel D2 has done.  Oh, you didn't complete the public event because you were soloing it.  You get NOTHING... 

I don't like that I don't know what rank my factions are, what level am I in gunsmith?  Am I close to another rank, do I need to go find another blue to dismantle. I don't know, let me fly back to the tower and go to the gunsmith to find out. 

I played the Crucible the other night.  I got tokens,  I went to Shaxx and turned them in, I was one short of getting my next rank.  I logged off.   

I am okay with the challenges. But show me ahead of time what they are so I know how to load out before I start?  I'm running an arc energy weapon, and when I start a Crucible match, it's void weapon kills.  Now I have to take time switch weapons out and I lose and ground I need at the beginning of the game.  

As sgtcoy said, I get my daily stuff done and then I'm watching TV.  Many of you probably remember me in D1 saying, I don't watch TV anymore because I'm playing Destiny all the time.

GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHASE FOR!!!!

Another thing.  Make Strikes relevant!!!

I believe that the PS4 has an exclusive strike. But I don't know, because I don't play them.  Because the loot sucks...

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Another QoL change I'd like to see.

Make the armor stats RNG.  I'm tired of having movement heavy items on the Hunter.  Make these RNG so we can grind to find the perfect rolls similar to the Tier 12 we used to have.  It's a small change, but I'd be happy with it.

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 700 posts

Another QoL change I'd like to see.

Make the armor stats RNG.  I'm tired of having movement heavy items on the Hunter.  Make these RNG so we can grind to find the perfect rolls similar to the Tier 12 we used to have.  It's a small change, but I'd be happy with it.

As a fellow Hunter, I agree.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

It would have been nice , if IB and the Faction rally had /have more Armor drops , I only got a Warlock bond (3 of them actually) from the Faction rally and after open 4 IB packages I got no armor at all so I gave up on it , I did get the same gun twice though , come on !!! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 306 posts

Plz Bungo, can we increase the likelihood of obtaining NEW weapons and armour from vendors? I can't even begin to describe how many duplicates of Does Not Compute I've gotten from Shaxx.
  • sgtcoy likes this