Photo

Dumb Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

Ok , I started out D2  as a Warlock and have yet to mess with my other 2 characters , I think I want to get my Hunter going next , thing is I don't like the way he looked (without a helmet) in D1 , now here's the dumb question , if I delete him in D2 , will the original still be there to play in D1 ???? Thanks !

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 171 posts

Ok , I started out D2  as a Warlock and have yet to mess with my other 2 characters , I think I want to get my Hunter going next , thing is I don't like the way he looked (without a helmet) in D1 , now here's the dumb question , if I delete him in D2 , will the original still be there to play in D1 ???? Thanks !

Now, im assuming here. BUT, It's two different games. Destiny 2 just made it faster for us to jump into the game and brought our destiny 1 characters faces forward.

But google it before you do anything and let me know

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

You know what happens when you assume, but I would think regardless of what happens in D2, it shouldn't affect your characters in D1. The importing was part of the D2 process to determine if you wanted all new characters or just continue with what you had.

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

Viper if you haven't done it yet, I will do it for you right now. I will do it with my warlock. Get back to you in half an hour. 

Sorry I read your question wrong, I thought you were referring to the dialog you get early telling you about your accomplishments. I deleted my warlock and didn't get any dialog early, however throughout the game you still get people acknowledging what you've done. So if you want to see those past achievements don't delete your character. I haven't tested D1 yet. I would assume that since they're 2 different games that you wouldn't lose that character in D1. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

i don't want to lose my D1 Hunter as he's the only character I have that has a couple pieces of trial armor , It's also my original character , I just don't like the way he looks without a helmet , but if I have to I guess I could live with it ! I have to find out before I delete him and make a new one ! 

Update : apparently deleting a character in Destiny 2 will NOT effect you Character in Destiny 1! So here goes time to make a new Hunter ! 

DestinyTeamRed

DestinyTeamRed

Recruit

• 29 posts

Why not just get a helmet for your hunter during a mission and they can wear it???

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

Why not just get a helmet for your hunter during a mission and they can wear it???

I am having second thoughts about deleting him as he is my 1st character , still debating the issue , not going to do anything till I complete the campaign with my 'Lock . 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question