Photo

Thoughts on D2 Exotics (so far)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

I got the Sunshot , during the beta it was a good hand cannon (this coming from someone who doesn't use them much) well , they must have nerfed it or something cause it's nowhere near as effective as it was during the beta ! 

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

I got the Sunshot , during the beta it was a good hand cannon (this coming from someone who doesn't use them much) well , they must have nerfed it or something cause it's nowhere near as effective as it was during the beta !

I'm not a HC user but it still felt effective regardless though. At least that's what it felt like to me.
  • DefiantMars likes this

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

I agree. Doesn't work as well. OK in PVE because of firefly/explosive but blows in PVP. Old fashioned much better

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

Well, hard to say.  I keep getting Tractor Cannons over and over. 

First one was fine, but after that each one kinda sucked. 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

GUYS...

I JUST GOT MERCILESS. OH MY GOSH, MERCILESS IS SO GOOD, FUSION RIFLES ARE SO GOOD, WEAPONS ARE SO GOOD, DESTINY 2 IS SO GOOD!

But seriously, as much as I don't really like the aesthetics of Merciless, it's a VERY solid weapon. Great at melting large health-bar targets. And my first Fusion Rifle for D2! Can't wait to try it out in the Crucible.

• DefiantMars likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

I'm not a HC user but it still felt effective regardless though. At least that's what it felt like to me.

I'm not a HC user either , during the beta I felt like , dam I may actually start using a HC , but it's not the same as it was during the beta , at least not to me !

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

So... The Fighting Lion is good for dispatching Trash Mobs... Like, that's about ALL it's good for...

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

So... The Fighting Lion is good for dispatching Trash Mobs... Like, that's about ALL it's good for...

I have regular grenade launchers, dragonfly, and explosive payload to take care of those already. Fighting Lion is just not worth the exotic slot.

Come on Bungie, I want to test Wings of Sacred Dawn and Starfire Protocol...

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

I'm not a HC user either , during the beta I felt like , dam I may actually start using a HC , but it's not the same as it was during the beta , at least not to me !

Please give Better Devils a try in PvE, it kicks a$$.

I never used HC in D1 either :) 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Please give Better Devils a try in PvE, it kicks a$$.

I never used HC in D1 either :)

It hasn't dropped for me yet !! 

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

woot! they keep dropping for me in the crucible! when you get one, save it and give it a go  :P

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

I have regular grenade launchers, dragonfly, and explosive payload to take care of those already. Fighting Lion is just not worth the exotic slot.

Come on Bungie, I want to test Wings of Sacred Dawn and Starfire Protocol...

I keep my exotics on my Secondary anyways... BUT Fighting Lion isn't worth it. It went to infuse it. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Nothing. Base power too low. Getting Riskrunner tonight, then infusing it to get a higher light level. The other day I got a 293 Coldheart, but it doesn't have the dmg output I want for Crucible (Though I do call it "Facemelter" in PVE, because that's exactly what it does to bosses, and yellow bar enemies) Riskrunner seems like it'd be useful in PVE to take that slot. I just need to get it up to 290 so I don't drop 2 points of light LOL

• DefiantMars likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've actually infused many of my exotics into my Legendary items as I wanted them to be higher light.  I can then grab the exotic again from the vault collections. But I usually don't.  I use the MIDA as my weapon, the FoeTracer on my Hunter and the Actium War Rig on my Titan.  I don't need any other exotics.  LOL...  

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

I've actually infused many of my exotics into my Legendary items as I wanted them to be higher light.  I can then grab the exotic again from the vault collections. But I usually don't.  I use the MIDA as my weapon, the FoeTracer on my Hunter and the Actium War Rig on my Titan.  I don't need any other exotics.  LOL...  

You're double dipping. If you're using MIDA then you don't need the Foetracer. Honestly though, Foetracer is probably the only useful Exotic for Gunslinger class though.

If you're looking to swap MIDA I recommend the Call to Serve Legendary Weapon. Its fire rate is close enough to MIDA to not notice too much. Though I use Scathelocke to out-shoot many a MIDA, because it's an Auto Rifle that gets more accurate deeper in the mag. First few rounds demolish the shield, and I wreck shop with headshots the rest of the way. Seriously, yesterday as a hunter using the double b reload method I dropped 3 enemies in a few seconds in crucible. (I actually owe my 26-8 ratio to both)

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

You're double dipping. If you're using MIDA then you don't need the Foetracer. Honestly though, Foetracer is probably the only useful Exotic for Gunslinger class though.

What do you mean?  Knucklehead Radar is the exotic helmet that gives you third eye. FoeTracer marks enemies, i.e. Nightstalker Keen Scout.  I've followed Guardians who try to be sneaky and as they come around the corner I'm already firing and they're toasted.  

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

What do you mean?  Knucklehead Radar is the exotic helmet that gives you third eye. FoeTracer marks enemies, i.e. Nightstalker Keen Scout.  I've followed Guardians who try to be sneaky and as they come around the corner I'm already firing and they're toasted.  

I guess I just think it's silly to be in PvP firing at one enemy and knowing the other is coming to get me before I can finish this guy off. I find marking targets more important than the 100% Radar Display. It's a difference in playstyle. I just think that exotic slot could go to something more punishing, like a Special Weapon such as Riskrunner.

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

Better Devils has yet to drop for me and I do Call to Arms and Crucible regularly with two characters. Feel like the only one who still doesn't have it. 

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

Better Devils has yet to drop for me and I do Call to Arms and Crucible regularly with two characters. Feel like the only one who still doesn't have it. 

I don't, but then again, I wouldn't use it.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I guess I just think it's silly to be in PvP firing at one enemy and knowing the other is coming to get me before I can finish this guy off. I find marking targets more important than the 100% Radar Display. It's a difference in playstyle. I just think that exotic slot could go to something more punishing, like a Special Weapon such as Riskrunner.

When I'm firing I don't care about my Radar.  I actually don't use the radar much when I'm ADSing anyways, unless I'm lying in wait.  I use MIDA because it's comfortable, shoots well and gives me movement bonus.  Once they buff HCs I'll probably start using them more in my kinetic slot.

I don't do well with Risk Runner so why would I use it? It's not that it's not a good gun, I'm just not good with it.

I just got one this past weekend.  So they don't drop frequently..  

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

When I'm firing I don't care about my Radar.  I actually don't use the radar much when I'm ADSing anyways, unless I'm lying in wait.  I use MIDA because it's comfortable, shoots well and gives me movement bonus.  Once they buff HCs I'll probably start using them more in my kinetic slot.

I don't do well with Risk Runner so why would I use it? It's not that it's not a good gun, I'm just not good with it.

I just got one this past weekend.  So they don't drop frequently..  

Have you managed to get a Call to Arms Scout Rifle? It handles like the MIDA in my opinion. And there of course are other Secondary Energy Based weapons that you could run with. I'm not critiquing your choice in Exotics, MIDA is a good gun, I just don't see it as beneficial as everyone says it is. I forgot about the Movement boost though.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Have you managed to get a Call to Arms Scout Rifle? It handles like the MIDA in my opinion. And there of course are other Secondary Energy Based weapons that you could run with. I'm not critiquing your choice in Exotics, MIDA is a good gun, I just don't see it as beneficial as everyone says it is. I forgot about the Movement boost though.

Yes, I have gotten at least two Call to Arms. But I didn't like it. I seemed to shoot slower.  My go to scout outsideof Mida is the Nameless Midnight.  

i currently running an AR as my energy weapon.  Between Uriels Gift, The Prosecutor and the Galliard-42, I'm tearing people up with them.

I tend to run Annual Skate hand cannon in my energy weapon as well.  

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

I'm still stuck in a decode loop.

Tractor Cannon, Foetracer, Prospector, Sunshot ... repeat. 

I had The Dragon's Shadow drop once early on that really threw me for a loop.  But the pattern picked right back up on the next exotic engram.

I'm hoping when I complete the MIDA quest it will break the cycle.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I'm still stuck in a decode loop.

Tractor Cannon, Foetracer, Prospector, Sunshot ... repeat. 

I had The Dragon's Shadow drop once early on that really threw me for a loop.  But the pattern picked right back up on the next exotic engram.

I'm hoping when I complete the MIDA quest it will break the cycle.

Where do you decrypt?  Only in the Tower?  Try going to Tyra at the Farm.  She can break a cycle.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

Where do you decrypt?  Only in the Tower?  Try going to Tyra at the Farm.  She can break a cycle.

I've gone to both places.  Doesn't seem to matter. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

woot! they keep dropping for me in the crucible! when you get one, save it and give it a go  :P

I plan on it , haven't done much Crucible as with the limited time I have to play and there is so much other stuff to do , but when I do get one I will try it out !