Photo

Thoughts on D2 Exotics (so far)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

I did it as a Hunter, no glide, no special skills, just Jump, Spray and Pray. Didn't kill him? Do it again.

Standing on top of boxes, cars, railing and such counts as airborne kills.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Seriously?  *lots of bad words coming out of my mouth right now*

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

... You couldn't have shared this information with me BEFORE I went and played Jump, Spray, Land, Repeat? THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HAVE FRIENDS DEFIANT! LOL

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

^ ^ ^ ^ What he said.

But I won't go as far as the friends thing.  I don't want to hurt your feelings.   :woot:

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Well I got the Enhance part done ,now I working on the precision kills and no reload multi kills , I did hear a tip about when it comes time to do the "airborne" kills to just stand on a box or rusted vehicle and shoot , I'll try it and see if it works !

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Well I got the Enhance part done ,now I working on the precision kills and no reload multi kills , I did hear a tip about when it comes time to do the "airborne" kills to just stand on a box or rusted vehicle and shoot , I'll try it and see if it works !

Yeah, that tip was 4 posts up...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Yeah, that tip was 4 posts up...

I didn't see it but it worked like a charm !! I got Mida !! 

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

... You couldn't have shared this information with me BEFORE I went and played Jump, Spray, Land, Repeat? THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HAVE FRIENDS DEFIANT! LOL

Sorry. My data transfer rate is far from the capabilities of the Vex. Communication is not one of my strong suits. I found out on Reddit, then went to test it myself... This is exactly why I try to disseminate information. 

THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH BULLSHIT QUESTLINES!

In any case, Mini and Multi are both solid weapons. The Mini-tool leaves me wanting more ammo, but its one of the better SMGs I've come across. The speed you get when you're holding it with the Mutli-Tool equipped is pretty nice. 

As for other Exotics, I just got "Crown of Tempests" to drop the other night, and it pairs rather nicely with an Elements Stormcaller. The helmet's exotic perk increases the recharge rate of arc abilities on arc ability kills. Each kill will stack the effect up to 5 times. Combined with Rising Storm you can force down your melee, grenade, and super cooldowns. Electrostatic Surge helps bring your Rift online sooner, and I think Arc Soul triggers the exotic effect (need to confirm on that one). It feel pretty good, but I'm not sure how well it pairs with Attunement of Conduction, as there is no native recharge effect in the tree and you can only get 5 stacks, I'm worried that the extra chains would be wasted. That being said, it might be nice to top off on grenade and melee energy (somehow) to try get Transcendence more frequently.

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

Sorry. My data transfer rate is far from the capabilities of the Vex. Communication is not one of my strong suits. I found out on Reddit, then went to test it myself... This is exactly why I try to disseminate information. 

THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH BULLSHIT QUESTLINES!

In any case, Mini and Multi are both solid weapons. The Mini-tool leaves me wanting more ammo, but its one of the better SMGs I've come across. The speed you get when you're holding it with the Mutli-Tool equipped is pretty nice. 

As for other Exotics, I just got "Crown of Tempests" to drop the other night, and it pairs rather nicely with an Elements Stormcaller. The helmet's exotic perk increases the recharge rate of arc abilities on arc ability kills. Each kill will stack the effect up to 5 times. Combined with Rising Storm you can force down your melee, grenade, and super cooldowns. Electrostatic Surge helps bring your Rift online sooner, and I think Arc Soul triggers the exotic effect (need to confirm on that one). It feel pretty good, but I'm not sure how well it pairs with Attunement of Conduction, as there is no native recharge effect in the tree and you can only get 5 stacks, I'm worried that the extra chains would be wasted. That being said, it might be nice to top off on grenade and melee energy (somehow) to try get Transcendence more frequently.

Okay... You are forgiven... I will un-unfriend you tonight on XBL...

• DefiantMars and michael6745 like this

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

Yeah I got that one too, still uses it.. It's boss for stormcaller!

For the hunter I'm using Raiden Flux chest armor, which Xur sold this weekend.

when I'm running nightstalker I use the Orpheus Rig boots, which instantly recharges your super for each enemy tethered, often I get it right back! .. Might be the best exotic armor piece I've ever seen! 

Going to get the Exotic shotgun today, finished the raid yesterday..  :whistling:

• DefiantMars likes this

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

I love how this topic turned from talking about Exotics to sharing tips on how to get Exotics. Anyway, according to what I heard, Orpheus Rig is STUPID good. From what I heard, the ability regen counts towards Grenade, Melee, Class Ability AND Super but I haven't been able to confirm this.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

I love how this topic turned from talking about Exotics to sharing tips on how to get Exotics. Anyway, according to what I heard, Orpheus Rig is STUPID good. From what I heard, the ability regen counts towards Grenade, Melee, Class Ability AND Super but I haven't been able to confirm this.

I don't have first person experience with it, but I've seen videos. Each enemy you tether will restore a portion of ALL your abilities, as you say. So if you hit about 6 or so with your Super, you'll have another super ready to go, bring your grenade, melee, and dodge off of cooldown and can go again. It's really good.

I've been calling them the "Obsidian Pants" in honor of the Obsidian Mind.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

I don't have first person experience with it, but I've seen videos. Each enemy you tether will restore a portion of ALL your abilities, as you say. So if you hit about 6 or so with your Super, you'll have another super ready to go, bring your grenade, melee, and dodge off of cooldown and can go again. It's really good.

I've been calling them the "Obsidian Pants" in honor of the Obsidian Mind.

Yeah, I just saw the videos. It's probably the best Hunter Exotic right now in my opinion. Speaking of which, I'm curious to see if any other Exotics have THAT good of a payoff for the other two classes.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

Yeah, I just saw the videos. It's probably the best Hunter Exotic right now in my opinion. Speaking of which, I'm curious to see if any other Exotics have THAT good of a payoff for the other two classes.

I haven't made my Titan yet, so I can only really speak for the Warlock ones I've seen or researched.

Starfire Protocol for Dawnblade might be a decent option for getting Rifts everywhere in the last encounter of the raid. Aside from that, Dawnblade specifics are kind of trash, I feel Sunbracers (the renamed Sunbreakers) really needed their second grenade again and the bonus grenade energy on Solar Melee hit isn't enough. Then we have Wings of Sacred Dawn which I don't want to talk about.

I think Nezarec's Sin and Crown of Tempests mentioned above are very good for their respective subclasses as means of keeping up their abilities. Although I question how the Sin will perform with something like Prism active. Crown is a good option with Elements Stormcaller because Arc Soul counts for Arc ability kills, so with Rising Storm, you can have lots of abilities.

I think that Lunafaction Boots will be nice for Strike bosses and some Raid encounters with the ability to reload ally weapons by simply stepping into a Rift. I'd like to test these myself.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6634 posts

Okay... You are forgiven... I will un-unfriend you tonight on XBL...

OH BAWLS! YOU LIVE!!!!!!

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

OH BAWLS! YOU LIVE!!!!!!

Yep, alive and kicking. Trying to find the next piece of erotic armor for you to fit in your inventory Ubo. :)

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6634 posts

Yep, alive and kicking. Trying to find the next piece of erotic armor for you to fit in your inventory Ubo. :)

O_o

RagingSociopath

RagingSociopath

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

O_o

You're never going to live that down. If only Destiny would drop you the Erotic Breast of Alpha Lupi you'd be set!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

I picked up the Wardcliff Coil from good olde Xur yesterday , to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement , I'm totally disappointed , I was promised Gjallarhorn type results and did not get them , that being said , I'm glad I picked up Merciless last week ! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

Dismantled my Tractor Cannon last night, since it was only at 53 attack. Got some shards out of it at least!
Along with a new Energy Auto Rifle and an Energy Submachinegun, Drang dropped for me after completing the Nessus sidequest for Failsafe too. Sturm, here I come.
But Bungo, seriously, can I get some Kinetic weapons please?

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

Has anybody figured out how to use Fighting Lion? I'm sorry Wei Ning, but this grenade launcher is pretty bad.

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 175 posts

I picked up the Wardcliff Coil from good olde Xur yesterday , to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement , I'm totally disappointed , I was promised Gjallarhorn type results and did not get them , that being said , I'm glad I picked up Merciless last week !

It seems like the best Exotic Power weapon right now is Merciless. The other ones that I've seen are either decent or just plain trash. The Coil is cute for trash mobs but that's it (at least to me). I haven't seen the Prospector or Tractor Cannon though so I could be wrong on these two. Also, to keep up with the Exotic talk, from what I've seen, the Actium War Rig is pretty good on Titans but I'm curious as to what other Titan Exotics can work well.

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 268 posts

You don't use the Fighting Lion, its completely useless.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 193 posts

You don't use the Fighting Lion, its completely useless.

Okay. So it is as trash as I thought it was. So glad I infused it into my Flash and Thunder. Its a single shot grenade launcher like Fighting Lion, but it actually does damage and has Crowd Control Effects.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I got the Actium War Wig Titan Chest piece on my Titan this weekend.  I love it when pairing with an AR.  LOVE IT!!