Destiny 2 Prep.?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

VennligHund

VennligHund

New Blood

• 8 posts

Hey all!

I played D1 a couple years ago, but I never did any raids. I solo'd the Nightfalls most weeks, but all that really means is I'm not sure how teamwork works lol Going in to D2, I was considering trying to change that. I do have a mic but never used it in D1, and though I'm often busy I can probably stick to a fireteam's schedule if necessary.

Personal info-wise, I'm a senior at Ohio State (Idc care about the football, sorry lol) in Animal Sciences/Biosciences and I work out at the Shane Center branch of Path International. I'm the exact opposite of a critical person and easy to get along with; not the sort to throw a controller despite dying at the end of a solo Nightfall (yeah I've been through that). I also have a 21 month-old, Samuel, whom I share custody. I would have to give any contacts I make black-out dates for those times, since the only times I can do anything are while he naps or sleeps lol

Anyways, I hope to approach D2 with a different energy than when I only did solo D1, and get to know more players as a result!

John (VennligHund)

P.S., 'VennligHund' is like saying 'FriendlyDog'

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

:Welcome:

If you're looking for a clan, my buddy has one specifically meant for those who aren't usually on their mic: https://www.bungie.n...groupid=2094847(but there's hardly anyone in it because it is brand new).

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Hi there Venn. Welcome to the Forum. D2 will certainly open up more possibilities to forge friendships.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty much in the same boat (never played the raids, hell I never even did the nightfall). But I'm still hoping that'll change with the clan my friend and I are creating.
Again, welcome!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Welcome Guardian  ! 

• VennligHund likes this

VennligHund

VennligHund

New Blood

• 8 posts

Hey again! Yeah, I did Nightfalls solo, but I used the cheesiest ways and PlanetDestiny guides to do it. I would literally take potshots at the bosses with the Icebreaker for like 2+ hours lol I definitely need a team now though, because I hear the Nightfalls are going to have a time limit- way less than 2+ hours.

I was part of clan, Team Helpling Hands, but we never played together. I'm not even sure it still exists. The clan goal was really just to help any guardians, with anything. I'd help people farm, finish Exotic weapon missions, etc.

We'll need actual teamwork these days. I need to play catch-up on how that works. Add or message me on XB1 @ VennligHund  anytime.

...maybe I should play D1 for a while to remember how to play. lol

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 244 posts

I joined a community called play along in silence once but they wanted you to wear a mic :/ , I like the idea though of fireteam leader being in chat and the rest follow instructions.

I joined the clan :)

P.S Venn to be a good teammate just don't rush ahead and die every 30 seconds and seen as you can solo nightfall I think you have got that strategy down to a tee.

VennligHund

VennligHund

New Blood

• 8 posts

Thanks for the tip; I definitely have patience. I just might be too slow in fact XD I'm not anti-mic or anything, I just haven't used it. That'll have to change I suppose. Haven't had much luck finding people getting ready for D2 though; it seems like everyone is in hiding until the game drops lol I found the Light of the Brotherhood clan, which sounds perfect for me, but I don't want to miss out on playing with others too. Ya know?