Photo

**FINAL IRON BANNER** For Destiny 1 - August 1 - 7

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

This is it folks. The FINAL Destiny 1 era Iron Banner event.  

The game is CONTROL!!!  As it should be.

I haven't seen what gear will be available, but my hope is that everything is up for grabs.

I won't be able to play until Sunday (sad face).  But I hope everyone enjoys it!!!!

Tell us what you get.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

What luck.  Wife and kids are out of town this week.  I can Banner all week long ... well after work that is. 

• michael6745, Kingdomville and TYECO like this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Hey, I'm not gonna get anything. What luck - I am going on vacation this week and won't be back till after IB ends. Not that I was really looking for anything in particular but I did want to participate in the last IB for D1. Oh well.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Hey, I'm not gonna get anything. What luck - I am going on vacation this week and won't be back till after IB ends. Not that I was really looking for anything in particular but I did want to participate in the last IB for D1. Oh well.

I feel the same way.  It's not for the gear, but for the nostalgia.

TYECO

TYECO

Recruit

• 15 posts

I had no idea this was gunna be the LAST D1 IB... thank god it's Control.

Maybe I can convince my old roommates to hop on for 1 last Banner. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

I've played a few games so far, didn't play all that well. 

K/D seems to be steadily dropping game after game. 

Luckily, after my last disaster of a game my router decided to reset itself.  I took that as a sign to throw in the towel and call it a night.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Well... Destiny 1 era iron Banner is now over.  I'm actually quite saddened, but also happy that we'll be getting it back in D2.

I played quite a few games.  My last game was a loss.  So I'll have that Iron medallion in my D1 character's inventory FOREVER!!!!!

I wasn't focused on the loot, I was just focused on having fun.  I only got my Hunter to Rank 4.25.  I didn't play on any other characters.  I played quite a few games yesterday that we're losing and somehow in the final seconds we pulled it out and won.  I was quite excited about the close games.  I had a blast.  I just want to thank all my opponents and blueberry teammates.  

That's my final D1 Iron Banner report.  *sigh*  :(

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3984 posts

Sorry to see Iron Banner go , for the first time I actually enjoyed playing Control , It ended on a loss,  I got a lot of weapons I really don't need and a few pieces of armor , but I only played because it was the last one . There is less than a month till D2 !!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

I thought I was going to be more into the event as it was the final Iron Banner.

But I only logged 6 matches before my interest waned.

I felt like I was forcing myself to play each game, and my K/D showed it.

My final game was a miserable beat down.  Match lost, .46 K/D

Its a good sign that it's time to pull the disk out of the system and pack it up.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Played one match. It was all Sidearms and grenades. And I was done.

This isn't how I want to remember IB. Good riddance.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3984 posts

Played one match. It was all Sidearms and grenades. And I was done.

This isn't how I want to remember IB. Good riddance.

Lots of sticky grenades !!!!