How to improve in the crucible, Destiny 2 Beta, Voidwalker gameplay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

If you don't have time to watch the video read below:

When it comes to the crucible, there are many factors you have to consider. A few of the most common ones are: Aiming, Game sense, Controlling power ammo, and defending or attacking the objective. Some of the less common ones that people don't think about are: mentality, criticism, being humble, knowing that a loss is not the end of the world, not being cocky, appreciated someone who outplayed you, and correcting your mistakes. There are many more.

In the last video I talked about mentality and not blaming your teammates. In this video I talk about working on your mistakes. Making a mistake is okay. If you die, okay so what? You go on a 5 kill spree, good job. The majority of players are willing to recognize the things they do right, but not everyone is willing to share what they did wrong. If a game came down to 1 point and you lost, what would you do? Do you blame your teammates who had a negative K.D. or do you ask yourself what you did wrong? Can you look at your own games and say yeah my mistake cost us this game. DON'T STOP THERE! If you can identify a mistake, do you push yourself to try and correct that mistake. 

Let me give you an example: Let's say you run straight to B, you immediately die to a grenade and team fire. Some people would say "my team wasn't helping me". What you should say is "I'm gonna push with my team, then secure the point". If you continue to make the same mistake over and over, its you who's hindering your ability to improve. Playing in the crucible isn't about how flashy you can be or how high you can get your K.D. It's about winning, especially when you get into competitive play.

I challenge you to look at your own games and find a reoccurring mistake. Everyone has at least one, even the best players have bad habits. I then challenge you to work on that. Don't try to work on more than mistake at a time or you wont make much progress. Focus on executing all the things you do right while working on that mistake in your game play. This will make you become a better player in the crucible. This can apply to any PVP game. 

Let me know your thoughts and what you think. Also let me know what your biggest opportunity is. If you have more than one, then tell me what one you're going to work on first. Lastly, tell me what you excel at in the crucible. It could be a mechanic, it could be skill with a specific game, etc..

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I rarely review games that I've played.  But I'm always telling myself in game. "that was just a stupid decision" or "I knew I should have reloaded before I entered"

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

I rarely review games that I've played. But I'm always telling myself in game. "that was just a stupid decision" or "I knew I should have reloaded before I entered"

Reviewing games is nice, but it's not for everyone. The best time to review your play whether it's good or bad is immediately after it happens. It's like if your boss walked up to you and coached you or recognized you. They should do it in the moment or right after instead of waiting for it. In this case your the boss lol.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Welcome back Chuckles:)
  • Mrchuckles21 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media