Photo

Destiny 2 PvP Highlights and thoughts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

Overall the crucible in the destiny 2 beta felt nice. Each weapon class felt like it had a place in the crucible. If I had to guess I would say on average for the last 5 days in the beta that I had above a 2.0+ for efficiency. There were about 10 games were my efficiency was above 10. I am curious to see how everyone else performed. I'm gonna share my first crucible game from the D2 beta with you. Be sure to share your plays as well. Also let me know your favorite thing about the crucible in D2 and something you would like to see changed. 

P.S. If you watch the video. I know my aiming is garbage, I've played Destiny twice in the last 15 months, aiming takes practice and I've got to put in some practice. Focus on my positioning and how I move around the map. I get 21 kills and die once. I still make a lot of mistakes. At times I'm too aggressive, and at other times I'm too passive. This game goes to show that its not always about "K.D". Even with a really good K.D. or efficiency you can still make a lot of mistakes.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

It's good to see you back and posting.  

I am still jealous of you PvP abilities. You don''t play for 15 months and get 21 kills and one death.  grrr.  I did okay in the Crucible. It depended.  Some of the teams I was up against just danced.  Others played hard.  

I was getting about the same number of kills per game as I get in D1. Which is between 15 and 20. But my efficiency is not as good as yours. I am too aggressive and die a lot. I push too much.  

• Mrchuckles21 likes this

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

It's good to see you back and posting.  

I am still jealous of you PvP abilities. You don''t play for 15 months and get 21 kills and one death.  grrr.  I did okay in the Crucible. It depended.  Some of the teams I was up against just danced.  Others played hard.  

I was getting about the same number of kills per game as I get in D1. Which is between 15 and 20. But my efficiency is not as good as yours. I am too aggressive and die a lot. I push too much.  

With a shorter match time and less players you are bound to get less kills, I would say around 20 kills is performing well. If you think about it 20 kills is a little less than 1/3rd of the points you need and that doesn't even include captures.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I can't say I have 15-20 kills in D2 as assists count towards the "defeated" count.  So my K and assists are in the 15-20 range.  That's on a good game.  My bad games I'm in the 5-10 range.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 303 posts

I found that for the MOST part, the Destiny 2 Crucible beta build was pretty smooth. I screamed and shouted at my t.v just as much as I did in D1, but that's just because I don't handle rage very well (SERIOUSLY, I SWEAR I LANDED ALL MY FUSION RIFLE BOLTS ON THAT TITAN). With that said, I don't know WHAT it was that caused this, but I did much better in this Crucible than in the original (At least in Control. I tried twice to play Countdown on Midtown, but it just didn't work somehow).
The Kinetic and Energy weapons worked very well in their assigned roles. Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles cover long ranges very well, and AR's, SMG's, HC's and SA's all felt fairly consistent at closer ranges. For Power weapons, everything's usable, but the Fusion Rifle, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher were the weapons that felt the most effective. I struggled with the Sniper Rifle, and I refuse to touch the Grenade Launcher ever again. The only one I didn't get to try was the Linear Fusion Rifle, so I can't speak for that.

However, can we all just agree that abilities need to be buffed?

Voidwalker:

• Increase the velocity for Nova Bomb.
  • Strengthen the tracking on Nova Bomb.
  • Decrease the cooldown for Nova Bomb, Grenades and Melee abilities.
  • Slightly increase the benefits granted from Overcharge.
  • Increase Grenade throw distance.

Dawnblade:

• Increase the timer for Daybreak.
  • Decrease the cooldown for Daybreak, Grenades and Melee abilities.

Striker:

• Increase the timer for Fists of Havoc.
  • Increase the strength of Barriers.
  • Decrease the cooldown for Fists of Havoc, Grenades and Melee abilities.

Sentinel:

• SLIGHTLY increase the timer for Sentinel Shield.
  • Increase the strength of Ward of Dawn and Barriers.
  • Decrease the cooldown of Sentinel Shield, Grenades and Melee abilities.

Gunslinger:

• Slightly increase the general timer for Golden Gun.
  • Decrease the cooldown of Golden Gun, Grenades, Melee abilities, and Dodges.
  • Decrease the damage taken when dodging.

Arcstrider:

• Greatly increase the timer for Arc Staff.
  • Decrease the cooldown of Arc Staff, Grenades, Melee abilities and Dodges.
  • Decrease the damage taken when dodging.

Overall though, it was a really enjoyable experience. I'm so excited for 6-9-2017!  :D

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

I was so much more consistent in D2 PVP than I ever was in D1. I averaged near 2.0+ K/D and if I wasn't so aggressive and knew when to disengage, I could've been much higher. I like that positioning, movement, and actual gun skill is rewarded in D2. I'm not worried about ability cooldowns as much as everyone else because I like relying on skills. Overall, I'm excited for this. Oh and I got slaughtered my first Countdown game came back next game with a 15 kill streak that I could never get in D1, with some simple adjustments. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

Mr Chuckles ,Great Job ! , good to see you back here posting you vids of you kicking butt and telling us how to do it !! i always enjoy your vids , Thanks !! 

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

I was so much more consistent in D2 PVP than I ever was in D1. I averaged near 2.0+ K/D and if I wasn't so aggressive and knew when to disengage, I could've been much higher. I like that positioning, movement, and actual gun skill is rewarded in D2. I'm not worried about ability cooldowns as much as everyone else because I like relying on skills. Overall, I'm excited for this. Oh and I got slaughtered my first Countdown game came back next game with a 15 kill streak that I could never get in D1, with some simple adjustments.

I had a similar struggle in countdown. People left almost every game. Sad day lol

Mr Chuckles ,Great Job ! , good to see you back here posting you vids of you kicking butt and telling us how to do it !! i always enjoy your vids , Thanks !!

Thank you for both the compliment and the support. I really appreciate it.
  • Vipertec likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media