Photo

BETA weapons

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

Anyone singled out some good weapons from the D2 BETA yet?

Since I'm mainly a hand cannon guy I went in with my warlock last night and used the BETTER DEVILS hc. It was alright for the story mission but didn't do too well in the strike and not well at all in the crucible. I then switched to the NIGHTSHADE pulse rifle and did a lot better with that.

I was kinda disappointed that my hand cannon didn't do so well but then a friend who played as a Titan told me he had one called MENUETT-22 with solar damage that was really good. I'll try and get that one as a drop the next few days.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

From what I've heard and I think it's only for the Exotics, that they are class specific , I don't know about the Legendaries , I guess I'll find out in about an hour and a half or so 

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

Anyone singled out some good weapons from the D2 BETA yet?

Since I'm mainly a hand cannon guy I went in with my warlock last night and used the BETTER DEVILS hc. It was alright for the story mission but didn't do too well in the strike and not well at all in the crucible. I then switched to the NIGHTSHADE pulse rifle and did a lot better with that.

I was kinda disappointed that my hand cannon didn't do so well but then a friend who played as a Titan told me he had one called MENUETT-22 with solar damage that was really good. I'll try and get that one as a drop the next few days.

Minuet-4 Solar HC, Negral Void Pulse Rifle, Sweet Business exotic autorife, Retrofuturist Shotgun, and Scathelocke AR are standouts to me so far. 

• DaniArrow likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've only played about 2 hours worth.  The story mission on all three characters, Inverted Spire once and three control games.  I haven't gotten much.  I actually got bored.  I want the whole game.  

The Beta is great and I'm excited about the whole game.

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 268 posts

I don't know about you guys but the sunshot hand cannon is my new favorite exotic. Its just fun to use.

• supermarkus22 likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

So far most of the weapons ive used have felt very soft. Like NURF gun soft.

The Handcannon, Exotic ball gunand Sniper are the only weapons that feel like they have any punch to them. The rest just take too long to down someone.

Hunter doesnt feel right either. Super is a little underwhelming.

Granted, ive only played the first mission and a strike. But its not really exciting me very much so far.

Edit: Switched over to gun slinger and made it feel a little more familar.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

Negral auto pulse is really nice. Scatheloche auto really good. The exotic HC (only get on hunter) is fun with ER FF, but the best is the Main Ingredient fusion rifle. Thing is awesome

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Honestly, I've had a great time with almost all of the weapons in the beta. I'll usually place a longer ranged weapon like a Pulse Rifle or Scout Rifle in the energy slot, and then either a Hand Cannon, Sidearm, Auto Rifle or Submachinegun in the Kinetic weapon slot. You don't really have to do this, but I think it's better to have a long-ranged weapon in your Energy slot, since you don't really want to be dealing with super abilities up close. My favourite combination is the Omolon Pulse Rifle in the Energy slot, and the Better Devils Hand Cannon in the Kinetic slot.

The Power weapons have been working pretty well as well. I've used the Fusion Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher so far, and they all felt really good and powerful within their assigned roles.

However, I AM ABSOLUTELY HATING THE GRENADE LAUNCHERS AT THE MOMENT. I've found them incredibly difficult to use for two reasons:

#1: The arc on the grenades is really difficult for me to predict, and the shots are hard to land.
#2: When you DO land said shots, it feels like they do hardly any damage to be worth it, and the average explosion radius is so small that it's not funny.

Do take those gripes with a grain of salt though. We've only gotten to use the Hakke Grenade Launcher so far, it could just be a bad example.

Has anyone gotten a Linear Fusion Rifle yet?

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 244 posts

I've got big concerns for the  power weapons because it looks to me the sniper rifle is the go too weapon for both PvE and PvP probably making all the other weapons in that slot under used meaning getting loot underwhelming

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've got big concerns for the  power weapons because it looks to me the sniper rifle is the go too weapon for both PvE and PvP probably making all the other weapons in that slot under used meaning getting loot underwhelming

Seriously?  The fusion is great as well in both arenas.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Seriously?  The fusion is great as well in both arenas.

Yeah, honestly it's hard to go wrong with a fusion rifle at the moment, unless the Main Ingredient is an outlier. I've had a much better time with that than the Sniper Rifle.

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Major

• 752 posts

Being an auto rifle guy from the start of the Destiny 1 Beta I am really enjoying the Scathelocke at the moment. The Urchin-3SI is good at short range as well. These two weapons paired together make a pretty good combo. 

I was using the Nightshade pulse rifle before I got the Scathelocke and was getting a lot of kills in the crucible with that as well. The Minute-42 paired with that gun worked well. 

Will post more weapons I did well with in the crucible, as I try more out.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

The Grenade launchers can be done away with as the damage it does makes it worth not using , the Nergel pulse rifle  is a good gun  and the Fusion rifle was pretty good also , the Exotics are underwhelming (haven't played Hunter yet ) , I'm trying to keep in mind that it's a beta , but when you shoot a Harpy in the eye dead on and it takes more than one precision shot to down it that's kinda disappointing .

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Sweet Business is actually pretty good for PVE, and I liked the Riskrunner in both areas.
Can't say I enjoyed using the Sunshot though. There were several times when shots that were CLEARLY precision shots were either total misses or body shots, and the damage radius for the explosion isn't large enough to make it worth using. Damage falloff also starts too soon in PVP.