Photo

What if..........

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

Ok what if we play the Beta and even though it's highly unlikely, we don't like the what they have done to our beloved game ??

Worse yet, what if when September 6th arrives and Destiny 2 drops and we all play it and it just doesn't have that "grasp" that keeps you wanting to play ?? Then what ???????? I've been wondering about this for a long time , the reason being is , before Destiny I was a big Gears of War fan , after playing Gears 4 for a short time it just didn't work for me like it did before , I was more disappointed then anything else . I admit , I'm going to miss the Destiny we play now it has been one of my all time favorite games and I really haven't played anything else. I guess it's kind of like a long term relationship that comes to end that you really don't want to end but for one reason or another it does . Maybe I'll get over it maybe I won't !

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4246 posts

even though it's highly unlikely, we don't like the what they have done

It would certainly be unlikely. There will always be something to criticize, and it's not going to be perfect out of the gate, but D2 will have a lifespan of many years and will undoubtedly improve as time goes on.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if you really hate it, there's always other games right? :)

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

It would certainly be unlikely. There will always be something to criticize, and it's not going to be perfect out of the gate, but D2 will have a lifespan of many years and will undoubtedly improve as time goes on.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if you really hate it, there's always other games right? :)

That's the thing , the only thing I've seen that's coming out in the future that I have any interest in is Anthem and that the fall of '18 , I'm pretty sure D2 will be as good as , or hopefully better than D1 , it's just something I've been thinking about ! 

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Major

• 752 posts

That's the thing , the only thing I've seen that's coming out in the future that I have any interest in is Anthem and that the fall of '18 , I'm pretty sure D2 will be as good as , or hopefully better than D1 , it's just something I've been thinking about ! 

If the worst happens mate you can always take a break and occupy yourself with other things in real life. 

I haven't played Destiny for example for over 6 months plus. I have still managed to keep myself busy though and haven't looked back on taking a break from Destiny. Some of the things that have kept myself busy is work, playing other games, reading different books, catching up with old friends and family, watching YouTube Video and watching TV shows and movies.

Hopefully some of the things I have listed will entertain you until hopefully Bungie improves the Destiny 2 enough to entice you back into the action. I wouldn't be worried to much about the worst possible scenario now though and just embrace the hype and excitement of Destiny 2, and the rapidly approaching beta.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

I can still play D1 for a while , I still need a Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor !! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 261 posts

Ok what if we play the Beta and even though it's highly unlikely, we don't like the what they have done to our beloved game ??

Worse yet, what if when September 6th arrives and Destiny 2 drops and we all play it and it just doesn't have that "grasp" that keeps you wanting to play ?? Then what ???????? I've been wondering about this for a long time , the reason being is , before Destiny I was a big Gears of War fan , after playing Gears 4 for a short time it just didn't work for me like it did before , I was more disappointed then anything else . I admit , I'm going to miss the Destiny we play now it has been one of my all time favorite games and I really haven't played anything else. I guess it's kind of like a long term relationship that comes to end that you really don't want to end but for one reason or another it does . Maybe I'll get over it maybe I won't !

Yep. There's no denying, I'm REALLY excited. But there's still this nagging voice in the back of my head that's like, "IT'S GOING TO BE TOO DIFFEREEEEEEEEEENT, IT WON'T BE THE SAME EXPERIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE."

But I really struggle to believe that the final product can't be what we're hoping for, or, more likely, even better! Bungie's had three years to get this right, and they haven't been faffing around with it. They've heard both our praises and our complaints, and the beta will merely give us a taste of what they've done with all of this experience. 
I get your concerns, but don't worry. There's no way this can fail.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

Yep. There's no denying, I'm REALLY excited. But there's still this nagging voice in the back of my head that's like, "IT'S GOING TO BE TOO DIFFEREEEEEEEEEENT, IT WON'T BE THE SAME EXPERIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE."

But I really struggle to believe that the final product can't be what we're hoping for, or, more likely, even better! Bungie's had three years to get this right, and they haven't been faffing around with it. They've heard both our praises and our complaints, and the beta will merely give us a taste of what they've done with all of this experience. 
I get your concerns, but don't worry. There's no way this can fail.

I'm not really worried ,in a sense it's more of a mild concern , I already pre ordered it ( did that the first day it was available), I wanted to see if anyone else had this train of thought.

Faffing , what is faffing ????? 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4744 posts

It's always a fear that a sequel is not going to be as good as the original.  

I'm worried about that as well.  But from what I've seen, I don't think it will be an issue.  Unless they really muck up the story.  But any story is going to be better than what we got from D1.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1850 posts

Now you have me thinking I've done a good thing by not pre-ordering at this time (yeah, right). Those are some questions that have haunted gamers for 30+ years now and it's all the same in the end - we'll see when we play it. Tbh, there isn't really much that Bungie can do that can out do what D1 did but you can tell that they are trying to make the two as different as possible but still trying to retain that Destiny mystique. I am really looking forward to trying out the new classes and see how the new weapons work in both pve and pvp.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1456 posts

I've always had that fear when it comes to games. 

There have been a few game series that I use to play that I won't go back to any more because of changes that they made.

Halo and Assassins Creed are two that come to mind. 

If things go well in the Beta, then I'll buy the game when it comes out.  If not, I'll cancel my pre-order and find something else to play. 

(I've got a stack of unfinished games I have yet to tear into.  So I'll be fine)

Right now, off my enjoyment of Destiny, things would have to completely sideways for me not to get D2. 

And from what I've read (which is very little as I've been avoiding as much info on it as I can) there are a few things I heard that I didn't like, and there are a few thing I heard that I liked.  So getting Destiny 2 is up in the air, but leaning more towards getting it than not. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4744 posts

And from what I've read (which is very little as I've been avoiding as much info on it as I can) there are a few things I heard that I didn't like...

What are some of the things you've heard that you don't like?

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1456 posts

What are some of the things you've heard that you don't like?

The 4 on 4 set up for Crucible. 

Not 100% sold on the new weapon arrangement.  (Beta will provide a better understanding for me on that)

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4744 posts

Not 100% sold on the new weapon arrangement.  (Beta will provide a better understanding for me on that)

I've been worried about that myself.  But listening to IGN Fireteam Chat, they said with the smaller maps, it plays about the same as 6v6.  But as you say, only playing it will provide better understanding of it.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

There's going to be smaller Crucible maps ?? Great , There's going to be a lot of dying going on !!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 261 posts

I'm not really worried ,in a sense it's more of a mild concern , I already pre ordered it ( did that the first day it was available), I wanted to see if anyone else had this train of thought.

Faffing , what is faffing ????? 

It's just like messing around. I don't know if any of you use that word or not.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

It's just like messing around. I don't know if any of you use that word or not.

Ok got it ,makes sense !

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

The Beta did actually worry me a little. So far, I've only played as Warlock and I had less fun than I do in Destiny 1.

Less options in skiling my subclass, mostly boring weapons, not being able to skill my intellect/discipline, boring armor pieces...

Now, of course that's just a random Standard 200 light character with a bunch of Beta gear. But if all the weapons have static perks and all the armor pieces do is "mobility, recovery..." I can tell you that I'll play this game exactly until I beat the endgame content and then just put it away 'til the next DLC. There's no reason to play crucible or grind raids over and over if all the weapons and armor are the same, like they are in the Beta. Just feels like less RPG, more Call of Duty-vibe.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

and now they have all the network problems , I haven't been able to do the strike or Crucible yet as I keep getting kicked off (error code Weasel and Olive)

ReedyChannel

ReedyChannel

Forum Lieutenant

• 188 posts

The 4 vs 4 seems like a poor mans cure to fix the lag, i sure hope i am wrong, but can't figure out any other reason for them to not have any 6 vs 6 play styles other than that.

Lag is the biggest reason i rarely play anymore, don't have any problems with games likeTitanfall 2.......

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4744 posts

The 4 vs 4 seems like a poor mans cure to fix the lag, i sure hope i am wrong, but can't figure out any other reason for them to not have any 6 vs 6 play styles other than that.

Lag is the biggest reason i rarely play anymore, don't have any problems with games likeTitanfall 2.......

It is possible to account for lag, matchmaking, etc.  

I am actually having fund with the 4v4 Control.  They're able to make smaller maps, game rules have also changed to make the game play quicker.  It comes down to more gun play, less camping and sniping.  Ability regen definitely need to be sped up.  But there has been enough said about that in the internet.  We are on generic characters with no armor buffs, etc.  So we don't know what the full game will allow.  

But all in all, I'm enjoying it.  I just want the game released so I can play more.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

I got to play the strike and it was pretty good ,I also played both Crucible modes and didn't do well at all to say the least,it was like I was shooting spit balls at tanks , especially in the Control game

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4744 posts

I got to play the strike and it was pretty good ,I also played both Crucible modes and didn't do well at all to say the least,it was like I was shooting spit balls at tanks , especially in the Control game

I didn't do great on my first few tries at the new Crucible. Mostly as I was trying to figure out the guns.  I did better my second day.  I'm finding I get about as many kills per game as I do in D1.  That's without my double sticky grenade traps that I lay.

I'm not happy with the new golden gun though.

• R MK XXV likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1456 posts

I didn't do great on my first few tries at the new Crucible. Mostly as I was trying to figure out the guns.  I did better my second day.  I'm finding I get about as many kills per game as I do in D1.  That's without my double sticky grenade traps that I lay.

I'm not happy with the new golden gun though.

I agree!  When I finally switched over to my Gunslinger I was disappointed.  The movement felt better, but the super just kinda sucked.  0/2 on Hunter Supers for me. 

I played through a couple strikes last night (because its the only PvE thing you can do in the Beta) and it felt ok movement wise.  The new sound effects are kind of throwing me off a little, but I can adjust to that.  But I can't say anything is really impressing me or giving me that I HAVE TO GET THIS GAME feel. 

Weapons feel hit or miss. 

Good: Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Linear Pulse Rifle thing

Bad: Scout Rifles, Auto rifles, Sub machine guns

Exotics : :down:  I've only played with the Hunter and Warlock exotics and there really isn't anything special about them. 

So far I'm not liking the new weapon arrangement. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3945 posts

I did the strike again last night and there was only one weapon that seemed half way decent and that was the pulse rifle in the second slot , everything else is junk IMO .I tried the strike with Voidwalker last night and that didn't impress me either , Melee is decent but "nova bomb" and grenades are kinda useless , that strike on Nightfall is gonna be a bitch . I have a heavy fusion and grenade launcher , in the story  mission the fusion rifle was awesome in the strike not so much and the grenade launcher is junk ! I'm really gonna miss Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker now , however this is a Beta and there may be some better weapon we aren't going to see until September ! 

Don't forget Sunday 1 pm EST you'll be able to go to the Farm and have a look around , it's only till 2 pm EST .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question