Photo

Call all Warlocks - A beginners question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I have a question for all Warlocks out there.  I've been playing Destiny since January 3, 2015.  I played hunter exclusively unitl November 2016 when I made my Titan and then in January of 2017 I made my Warlock.  I was hunting Grimoire score, so the Warlock was  means to an end.  I don't use him that much.

I have completed the Age of Triumph book, in the sense that I reached Rank 7 and I have my t-shirt.

The completion-ist in me wants to fill out as many node in the book just because.  There is one that I never will fill out and that is the very first one.  I didn't start playing early enough.  Under the Warlock's Path, I need to complete A Song to the Sun and Fulminator quests, Under Trials I need 3 more heavy kills and then two more nodes in the Raid section.  These are all doable.

My two questions to the Warlocks are these:

1. I am on step 3 of the A Song to the Sun quest.  I need 20 Radiance multi kills.  I do not have my Sunslinger fully upgraded. It's about 3/4 done.  What's the best way to get these Radiance multi kills?  Should I wait until Mayhem?  Iron Banner next week is Mayhem Clash, so I can do this then. But what's the best strategy to get the multikills with Radiance.  I don't understand the subclass that well.  Should I pop it and spam grenades?

2. I do not have my Stormcaller upgraded at all, I think I have 2 1/4 nodes full.  Should I just play around until I get this subclass upgraded?

I'm not worried about my K/D, I'm just having fun trying to complete these quests as quick as possible.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

To answer #1, I believe the best answer to your question is using fusion grenades to get those multi-kills. You will notice how some of those grenades do a nice curve and stick to your enemies. If you can, select the node that reduces incoming damage while using radiance. That way, you can spam as many grenades as you can. It might be a little difficult to do it during IB as other supers can easily shut down yours so you might have to pick and choose  your moments. Maybe even use radiance if you can after someone uses their super on you.

The stormcaller grenades are kinda hit and miss and getting those multi kills might be difficult. The one I use the most to get those is the pulse grenade. That might be helpful for when heavy is available or the spark is available in rift. Dump the grenade at those spots and you just might get those kills you are looking for as more than one enemy is bound to be around those. It might be nice for supremacy as well as throwing a pulse grenade around a crest will allow multiple enemies come within close proximity.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

Even though I main a Warlock ,I only recently started using Sunsinger ,I leveled up all the nodes but hardly ever used it , I prefer Voidwalker and Stormcaller so I am still learning the finer points of being a Self res Warlock. I'm glad you put this up I might learn something too !! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

I normally run as a Void Walker, but recently someone gave me a Sunsinger set up somewhere that virtually makes you a grenade throwing machine.  Its a play on perks, equipment and one of the artifacts.  I don't know it off the top of my head, but I'll see if I can dig it up for you. 

I've been meaning to try it out my self.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I normally run as a Void Walker, but recently someone gave me a Sunsinger set up somewhere that virtually makes you a grenade throwing machine.  Its a play on perks, equipment and one of the artifacts.  I don't know it off the top of my head, but I'll see if I can dig it up for you. 

I've been meaning to try it out my self.

That would be great.

I don't plan on doing the Radiance Multi Kill part until Mayhem in the Iron Banner next week.  So you have time to find it.  :)

I need to upgrade my sparkly guy (that's what I call the arc-lighting guy floating around) so he's not just a bullet sponge.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

Here is the build. 

Sinsinger%20build_zpsnhff98we.png

Can't find what equipment was used. 

I want to say it was Sunbreakers.  I don't think the artifacts have anything to do with it now that I read through them. 

Let me know if this image appears or not.  I head Photobucket decided to change their imaging regulations.  If it dosent appear I'll find another way to post the set up. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

The last 6 perks are the ones I don't have yet. These would be the bottom three on the right and then the three at the very bottom.  

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Well, I got my Solar Warlock to the point of needing Radiance multi-kills.  I'll work on this in the Iron Banner.

I have my Electric Warlock at 13 of the 30 Stormtrance multi-kills.

Now that I have my Electric Warlock mostly upgraded now, I kind of like him.  I'm getting used to the jump. I got 5 kill with it.  I love it when they all line up for me. 

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Progress. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 303 posts

Gotta admit, I play Voidwalker a lot more than anything else, so I don't know much about the quest steps. Sorry!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

I tried the build above with Sunbreakers , but I never kicked on my super , it seems pretty good now I have to use it with the super to see how it works .

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I have the Arc quest done.  I just need to get the hang of Radiance.