Photo

Destiny 1 - Final Iron Banners

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

July 4th and August 1st are the start dates for the final Destiny 1 era Iron Banners.  

I have to say, the Iron Banner is the one event that I looked forward to every month.  I preferred the pre-Rise of Iron version of the Iron Banner.  

My profile picture shows me in my pre-TTK Iron Banner Iron Breed helmet and chest.  I was so excited when I first got these. I thought they looked so much more regal than the regular gear.  Once the TTK came out, these items could not be brought to the new light levels, which really bummed me out.  Then I got the new TTK Iron Banner gear and I fell in love with the Hunters Iron Camelot Casque and Iron Companion Chest.

I know why they changed the format of the Iron Banner in RoI.  They made Rank 5 and that loot more accessible to the players who couldn't spend 3 or 4 days to rank one character up.  If I recall correctly, I would play 5 to 6 hours a night and would have my hunter to rank 5 by Friday.  Now I can rank him up in one night if I have the Nightfall booster on.

I hope they have an Iron Banner type event in D2.  It will be interesting how they bring it about.  Hopefully we'll find out more about Efrideet and the peaceful faction she is a part of.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

It will be interesting to see if they incorporate any type of story for pvp in D2 at first. I always enjoyed IB as well as regular Crucible, but IB was always 'special' in some way. I guess because of some of the great weapons and armor you could get as well as another opportunity to increase your light level. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

I played in the first official Iron Banner event, but didn't really get into PVP play until around Iron Banner 3.0. (When the Iron Companion armor arrived.)  The need to get that armor is what really drove me to start playing in the PvP arenas.  So because of that the majority of the crucible games I've ever played in were in Iron Banner. 

One of the things I liked about playing in Iron Banner was (most of the time) there was just a different mind set there.  Most of the people actually played the objective.

While I like how loot drops are more plentiful in the current version of Iron Banner, I think I actually prefer the pre-Rise of Iron Iron Banner set up.  I liked the exp buff through the week, I like that loot was a little more selective (made it feel like more of a reward) and I liked how wearing the actual Iron Banner class items and shaders gave a bonus to exp when wearing them.   I remember how excited I was when I completed my first set of Iron Banner gear!  And I remember when I got my first Colovances Duty with a diecent roll.  (might have to pull that out tonight for a little fun.)

My profile picture shows me in my pre-TTK Iron Banner Iron Breed helmet and chest.  I was so excited when I first got these. I thought they looked so much more regal than the regular gear.  Once the TTK came out, these items could not be brought to the new light levels, which really bummed me out.  Then I got the new TTK Iron Banner gear and I fell in love with the Hunters Iron Camelot Casque and Iron Companion Chest.

Have you spent your silver dust assembling a new set of infusable Iron Breed armor yet?

I managed to get a full set of Iron Regalia armor and Iron Breed armor for my Hunter through Dusty engrams from Saladin.  I still need the cloak for the Breed armor.  I had one for a while but dismantled it for vault space. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Have you spent your silver dust assembling a new set of infusable Iron Breed armor yet?

Yes. The ones I'm wearing in my profile picture are the actual once from silver dust purchases.  I still have my original gear though.  I never want to get rid of it.

• R MK XXV likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Thats awesome!! 

With all of the other armor I have picked up from raids and other things, my Banner armor is always my go to set. 

Well, at least the helmet, torso and gauntlets.  I usually sport my bones boots and some other cloak. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Thats awesome!! 

With all of the other armor I have picked up from raids and other things, my Banner armor is always my go to set. 

Well, at least the helmet, torso and gauntlets.  I usually sport my bones boots and some other cloak. 

Yeah, now I wear the Iron Camelot Casque

maxresdefault.jpg

I was wearing the chest piece, but I've been wearing the Age of Triumph chest as it gets me to Tier 11 with my Iron Companion boots.  I also sport the Young Ahamkara Spine arms and the Cloud Walker Tribute cloak.  I've basically had this same look since I got everything in TTK.  Almost 2 years.

01-Cloud-Walker-Tribute.jpg

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Cloud Walker Tribute was always a favorite of mine.  I use to have one.  I don't remember what the roll was, But it too was a victim of clearing vault space.

That, Venom of Ikaheka and Strength of the Pack were some of my favorite cloaks offered by the Speaker. 

On a different note:

I wonder if they will discontinue Iron Banner in D1 once D2 drops?

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

On a different note:

I wonder if they will discontinue Iron Banner in D1 once D2 drops?

My assumption is Yes. As they said the last D1 era Iron Banner is August 1.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

I believe that something to that effect was stated as well. There will be no more IB's when D2 is released. Next IB is 7/4 and then the final one is 8/1. Last Trial of Osiris starts 8/11.

lesomaface

lesomaface

Recruit

• 28 posts

I'm gonna miss Iron Banana, especially the lag and the sweaty matches.

​But for real, I'm sad that it's going away soon. It's the only time I ever jump on the Crucible.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 303 posts

It's going to be sad to see IB go. I never got a whole lot of time to do it, but the time that I did get to play in it was fun. I liked Mayhem Clash the best personally.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

I'm hoping the final Iron Banner will be Mayhem Clash , I think it will end up being Control which I hate with a passion ! I didn't really start playing IB or Crucible till sometime mid TTK , but now I play on a more regular basis , still not all that good but I play for the loot !