Photo

Iron Banner 6/6-6/13

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

It's that time of the the month again where Iron Banner returns. This time it is Supremacy. Featured weapons are the scout and fusion. Armor is helmet and class item. Good luck to all!

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

I will probably be taking part, supremacy suits my kamikaze striker style.

If anyone wants a full on sprinting ape to distract the enemy while you get the kills, just send me a message/invite on PSN. ;-)

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Now that I think about, I've been going after chroma gear to use some of the colors I've accumulated over time. Think it would look nice to get IB gear that uses chroma.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Now that I think about, I've been going after chroma gear to use some of the colors I've accumulated over time. Think it would look nice to get IB gear that uses chroma.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1476 posts

Not sure if I'll jump in or not. 

Vendor scout looks like it has a pretty good roll ... but I have too many weapons as it is. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3979 posts

I wanna pick up a couple 400 helmets so ,I'll dig in when I get home !
  • J-stewie13 likes this

J-stewie13

J-stewie13

New Blood

• 7 posts

I ran a couple matches today.  Trying to get that Distant star and the helmet.  I'm not gonna lie most of my kills were stolen from me and everybody was jumping and teleporting like the energizer bunny.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I ran a couple matches today.  Trying to get that Distant star and the helmet.  I'm not gonna lie most of my kills were stolen from me and everybody was jumping and teleporting like the energizer bunny.

Ditto.

Everyone is trying really hard to pick up crests, even if they have to push you and throw you to the ground to get to it.

Lag is bad this IB.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

Played a few games this morning. Didn't get any rewards to talk about. Was trying to get HC kills as that is part of the weekly bounty and couldn't defeat a guardian to literally save my life. My kills mostly came from abilities and grenades. 

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

Played a few games this morning. Didn't get any rewards to talk about. Was trying to get HC kills as that is part of the weekly bounty and couldn't defeat a guardian to literally save my life. My kills mostly came from abilities and grenades. 

Same here, but I always get kills like that, because I switched to bumper jumper for Titan skating and because I panic and clench when one on one with my hand cannon I usually get a body shot off with my hand cannon (around 60 damage) and because I am rushing at the same time I clench up and press the melee attack (right joy stick) so follow up with a Titan punch (150-ish damage) so I get the crest and get the kill. ;-) 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

I was pretty tired when I started playing last night.  I played in 3 or 4 games.  Had 1 good game, 1 match was called on the mercy rule (got whooped 12-60) and the final 2 matches we lost and I played like  :down: .   Not sure how I feel about the gametype.  Don't hate it, but don't love it either. 

To be honest, I've played like :P the past few times I've jumped into the Crucible.  I was swapping weapons trying to find a combo that I could work with and nothing seemed to click.

I'm guessing all those late nights raiding have finally taken their toll. 

I did end up receiving 3/5 of a full armor set for my Hunter before calling it a night.  (Helmet, Class item & Boots)

No weapon drops. 

Maybe tonight I'll find a working combo and might pull a weapon drop or two. 

Or, I'll just go to bed and rest up. 

(Thats probably the better choice)

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Anyone else finding the weapon drops are a little more stingy this time around. 

I've received a good amount of armor drops considering I haven't played a lot of games. 

But overall I'm not seeing weapons dropping like the last time I played. 

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

I think I've noticed that as well. The drops haven't been as generous as in past times. Not that I am particularly looking for anything specific anyway but I am still enjoying this IB though.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

Yeah, I'll play through 1 or 2 matches before I see a weapon drop, and its usually only one member on our team. 

I'm just feeling neutral on the game type.  Not loving it, but not hating it either. 

Feels a little glitchy sometimes.  Like I'll collect 5 or 6 crests in a game and it will list me as three. 

____________________________________________New Post _____________________________________________________

Only made it to rank 4 this time around.  Too much going on to sit down and play for any length of time. 

But I did play 19 games of Supremacy. 

Final loot count. 

4 helmets

4 cloaks

2 boots

1 Sniper rifle. (bounty reward)

1 Scout rifle.  (Dropped in the final game I played)

Armor was a plenty, but weapons were hard to come by.  Most of the time I was lucky to see  1 weapon drop for the entire team no matter if we won or lost. 

Weapon wise I was all over the place trying to find something I felt comfortable with.  Cycled through several scout rifles and hand cannons and couldn't find anything that just felt comfortable.  Finally switched over to autorifles and ended up with the good old Suros.  Probably the most fun Ive had in a while. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I was. eh. about this IB.  I guess it's because I have all the gear I want, I'm not looking for anything and I don't like Supremacy.  It was just an odd Iron Banner for me this time around.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1476 posts

I was. eh. about this IB.  I guess it's because I have all the gear I want, I'm not looking for anything and I don't like Supremacy.  It was just an odd Iron Banner for me this time around.

That's how I felt when I started playing.  I figured I'd play in a few matches until a couple scout rifles dropped then I'd just call it quits. 

Well, match after match  nothing dropped.  So I just kept playing.

After a while I started getting into the game type.  It won't take the place of my favorite match type, but I definitely enjoy it a lot more than I did at the beginning.