Photo

Destiny 2 - Trailers & Info

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4216 posts

And the latest homepage article expands on what was revealed today!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4427 posts

That first video of when Zavala gets resurrected for the first time is amazing.

• HockeyDad21 and LilRyan like this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

• 142 posts

DAT WARD OF DAWN CLUTCH DOE

GHAUL, COME FIGHT ME BRO

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4216 posts

fOE94Ox.jpg

YJ27QHv.jpg

0BOp9VL.jpg

DiflW8b.jpg

M0uul85.jpg

• michael6745 likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3715 posts

Noles were you at the reveal yesterday ??  :)

LilRyan

LilRyan

New Blood

• 5 posts

I think I'm more excited about the community style updates than anything. It will help us casual players find groups of other casuals, or even experienced players willing to help us with things such as raids etc..

• HockeyDad21 likes this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4216 posts

Noles were you at the reveal yesterday ??  :)

Nope, Fallout/Mega/Bones were there though, so they will have some great first-hand info to share for the podcast this week.

• Vipertec likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4427 posts

Why do they never talk about the PD forums? They're always talking about that other place readit, or something like that.  :whistling:

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1725 posts

Shhhh. Just like sidearms used to be, this forum is the best kept secret in Destiny.

• Kingdomville likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3715 posts

Shhhh. Just like sidearms used to be, this forum is the best kept secret in Destiny.

That's right we don't want the toxic people here like on the Bungie forums !!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4427 posts

That's right we don't want the toxic people here like on the Bungie forums !!

True, but Noles will keep them in line...   :Grim:

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3715 posts

True, but Noles will keep them in line... :Grim:

This is true .....Or we can !

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4216 posts

Some other things to note:

• Trials will be 4v4, not immediately available at launch, but soon after.
  • There won't be private matches at launch.
  • No dedicated servers, 30 FPS on console.
  • Energy weapons will do more damage to players in the Crucible who are using (any) Super; doesn't need to match element.
  • Kinetic weapons will do more damage to non-shielded enemies in PvE than Energy weapons.

• Deltatoast89, DefiantMars and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4427 posts

There's been a lot of flack about private matches.  I just hope it comes out soon, not a year later.  But I would think at the beginning we're all focusing on the PvE campaign.  But what do I know?

Trials of the Nine will be 4v4?  Wow.  That's going to make it interesting.

Also, it's no dedicated servers for any of the platforms.  Just clarifying.  

Deltatoast89

Deltatoast89

Forum Lieutenant

• 151 posts

Some other things to note:

• Trials will be 4v4, not immediately available at launch, but soon after.
  • There won't be private matches at launch.
  • No dedicated servers, 30 FPS on console.
  • Energy weapons will do more damage to players in the Crucible who are using (any) Super; doesn't need to match element.
  • Kinetic weapons will do more damage to non-shielded enemies in PvE than Energy weapons.

Only 30 fps on console still? Really Bungie? I was expecting better. The fact that Bungie seemed so nonchalant about the excuse for that was kind of bull if you ask me. The ability thing seems cool for making Supers easier to deal with though. I'd have to see the beta though to see how it all feels.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3715 posts

Even though I / We still have a few months ..........................Farewell Icebreaker , Goodbye Gjallarhorn you both have served me well ! 

Jehuty

Jehuty

Weebly weeb.

• 633 posts

There's been a lot of flack about private matches.  I just hope it comes out soon, not a year later.  But I would think at the beginning we're all focusing on the PvE campaign.  But what do I know?

Trials of the Nine will be 4v4?  Wow.  That's going to make it interesting.

Also, it's no dedicated servers for any of the platforms.  Just clarifying.  

I hate to say it but PM could potentially be DLC. Same with trials. The 4v4 all modes also is a downgrade for me. Seriously, whoever made that decision wasn't very bright. I wanted to see 8v8 BTB be a thing for Destiny. I'm a PvPer at heart. But if it's good and better than current Destiny (which is great IMO) then I'll be happy.

I just hope D2 launches as a complete game, but I have my concerns. I want it to succeed. But I don't want much needed features being patched half a year later. I don't want Y1 PTSD flashbacks. We are cows apparently, question is will Bungie feed us or milk us?

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

When will the closed Alpha start?

Still haven't preordered, can't make up my mind, everybody seems pretty stoked.

I didn't want too many changes, but from what they have shown so far, it's the same game..They add another subclass to each guardian, redesign the way you choose perks.Then they change the weapon-system from something pretty unique to something pretty ordinary. 4v4 PvP is going to be sh*t the most of the games if you join as a lone wolf.

I also hope they will introduce some kind of season-pass that covers ALL of the future DLC, not sure I'm buying if they don't.

Sorry for not being super positive, hope Bungie will prove me wrong  :cool:

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

I think the closed Alpha is going on now, I read somewhere that Bungie employees are playing it at home right now. What we get is the Beta.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3715 posts

I think the closed Alpha is going on now, I read somewhere that Bungie employees are playing it at home right now. What we get is the Beta.

Yep we get the Beta NOT the Alpha and I may be wrong but I think you only get the Beta if you pre order D2 !

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 164 posts

I'm really digging the new weapon system and the Class abilities. The loss of heavy in lieu of power weapons offers a slew of balance questions, but the Kinetic and Energy slots seem like they'll offer a number of interesting decisions. Similarly, I think the Class abilities will open a variety of tactical options in PvP and PvE.

Conversely, I am not thrilled about the new perk tree layout, even with the inclusion of the new cooldown based Subclass abilities, these new "clusters" are an overall decrease in the number of perks we have access to. For players this is less flexibility, the removal of subclass based emergent behavior, and the loss of the "discovery" element of character skills. This simplification has been cited for the sake of making it accessible to new players. With the addition of being more conducive to balance for competitive play. This change is really my only complaint I have with what we've seen from Destiny 2. (That and the subclass naming scheme, but that's a flavor nitpick.)

We have two builds now, which is not an improvement over what we have now. This change makes me feel like Bungie doesn't trust their players and/or they are afraid that we will collectively break their game again. 

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Captain

• 731 posts

I like the improvements they have made in Destiny 2. It looks like they will get me back into playing Destiny 2 again. 

Guided Games was the big push to get me back though. The fact I will be able to complete a raid, which I have never done before is very exciting. It was always hard for me to do things like raids and nightfalls just because of the amount of effort it took to schedule these things outside of the game using a LFG. Being able to find a group of people to do these things with in game and when ever I feel like is a great feature and means players can truly experience all of Destiny's content.

Will pre-order Destiny 2 this weekend. It looks like EB Games is selling the steel case version for $110 and with a exclusive Cayde-6 mini-figure which is awesome.