Photo

Burning Eye Scout

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I finally got the Burning Eye Scout Rifle from Trials last night.  It's not the adept version, but I'm excited just to get this.

I played with it a little in PvE before going to bed, but I think I have found my new love...

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

It is a nice weapon to have. I have two that have full auto on both of them and while they're not totally awesome for me, I do like to take them out every once in a while to have some fun. Congrats there Michael!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

I've always wanted to get my hands on one of them ... too bad I'm not a trials kind of guy. 

I'm hoping to get one through the Crucible bounties. 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've always wanted to get my hands on one of them ... too bad I'm not a trials kind of guy. 

I'm hoping to get one through the Crucible bounties. 

I was hoping the same thing.  But all the bounties gave me this week were Saterienne Rapier and Hero Formula.  *sigh*

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

I was hoping the same thing.  But all the bounties gave me this week were Saterienne Rapier and Hero Formula.  *sigh*

I've only completed the scout bounty once, and I received a Badger CCL, which I CCL about. (Its not my bounty loot goal)

Fingers crossed that I succeed on this one. 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've only completed the scout bounty once, and I received a Badger CCL, which I CCL about. (Its not my bounty loot goal)

Fingers crossed that I succeed on this one. 

smiley-crossing-fingers.png

I took the Burning Eye into Clash this afternoon.  I'm torn on it at the moment.  My first game I was 50/50 with it.  The gun is stable.  The sight highlights opponents, which actually highlighted a hidden snipers' arm for me.  *very good*.  Fire rate is good.  But most of the engagements I lost were due to they got the first couple of shots on me.  

More to come.

• R MK XXV likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

I'm over half way through my next scout bounty.  Although its been a struggle playing mayhem clash and trying to stick with just primary kills. 

Oh look, there is a group of them right there. 

*Ignites Golden Gun*

*WHAM! BLAM! KAPOW!* .... Oh right, I need primary ... *super fully charged* ... kills ... *Ignites Golden Gun*

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

The Burning Eye Scout is the scout rifle I've been waiting for all of Destiny.  

It is the Hung Jury archetype.  Which I am very comfortable with.

Legendary version perks: (bolded perks are the ones I have active)

Smart Drift Control / Accurized Ballistics / Smooth Ballistics

Smallbore / Reinforced Barrel

Explosive Rounds / Fitted Stock

Third Eye / Zen Moment

With the combination of perks that I chose, this scout is super stable.  The explosive rounds cause issues with my opponents as it causes their screen to flash.  It's great for countering snipers.  The range is outstanding, greater than MIDA and HJ.  

The magazine is only 14, but that hasn't been an issue even though I'm used to the 21 of the MIDA.  I tend to reload after each engagement, sometimes that doesn't work well for me.

In PvE this thing rocks.  It's very stable and the explosive rounds cause extra damage and very worth having that perk active.

The Adept version has one additional intrinsic perk of SnapShot.  

• R MK XXV and HockeyDad21 like this

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

All I get from those Bounties are Byronic Hero (ugh), Lingering Song, Clever Dragon, and Hero Formula. I've pretty much given up on doing them.