Photo

Possible God Roll Palindrome?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

raley25

raley25

New Blood

• 1 posts

Hello all. So over the past couple months I've purchased the God Tier Palindromes from the Crucible Vendor and am in love with them. Well I was looking in my vault and I found a Palindrome I don't remember buying. It has Sureshot IS, Outlaw, Hammer Forged, and Luck in the Chamber. Would this be considered a "God Roll"? Using it in the Crucible has been a complete blast which I guess kinda defeats the purpose of this question since I enjoy using it. But I'm still curious every time someone talks about a God Roll Hand Cannon. I would greatly appreciate any advice! 

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

It's really not possible to define what a "God Roll" is, since it comes down to personal preference. But as you've said - you enjoy using it, that's the important thing.

• michael6745 and HockeyDad21 like this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

Sounds like a prettt good roll there. There are several variations of peak rolled Palindromes, depending on play style and what you plan on using it for.

Main thing is how it works for you. (Like Noles said)

I've got some weapons with what people might consider mediocre rolls, but they work well for me.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Ditto to what Noles said earlier. You have to keep in mind that certain perks are desired for certain types for weapons. For example, the Palindrome you have listed above have some very desirable perks - you got range a range perk with some other nice perks that are liked. Outlaw can only be proc'd though if you get a headshot kill. Other than that, that perk is pretty useless though. LitC has a 1/8, 1/9 (cant remember mag size) chance of being proc'd and can be useful as well. There is a great YouTube video Noles posted on the website from PlantDestiny that talks about perks that can help one aspect of a weapon and then hurt in other aspects. You have to consider all the perks and how they would work together. IMO, LitC is nice if you can get it to proc as well as outlaw works only if you get that headshot kill. Wouldn't it be nice if your LitC proc'd and you got the headshot kill all in one?

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Hello all. So over the past couple months I've purchased the God Tier Palindromes from the Crucible Vendor and am in love with them. Well I was looking in my vault and I found a Palindrome I don't remember buying. It has Sureshot IS, Outlaw, Hammer Forged, and Luck in the Chamber. Would this be considered a "God Roll"? Using it in the Crucible has been a complete blast which I guess kinda defeats the purpose of this question since I enjoy using it. But I'm still curious every time someone talks about a God Roll Hand Cannon. I would greatly appreciate any advice! 

While it's not a 'God-roll' (Sorry, I hate that term.), it's certainly a very serviceable role. Outlaw and Luck in the Chamber are good perks, and to some degree do work together well. It won't quite be hitting the best range either, but if you can manage that then that's fine. I once had an Apple of Discord that, by all accounts, would be considered a garbage role. However, I still found it effective, and I enjoyed using it. That's what's important. If you enjoy using something (though do perhaps try to keep in mind how contributing your being inf you're playing with a group), don't let anyone tell you not to.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

To continue on with Kingdom's point above, the term 'god roll' is very relative and certain perks are needed on certain types of guns more. For example, on hand cannons, you are looking for as much range as you can get while other perks like HCR, explosive rounds, hidden hand, LitC etc are just gravy. There are many times before where I have gotten weapons that have some really nice perks and when taking them out to both pvp and pve, the gun just didn't really jive with me for some reason - it just didn't feel comfortable. 

• Kingdomville likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Also personal preference.  Many consider Icarus to be a "god roll" perk, but I find it useless with my grounded play style.

• HockeyDad21 and Kingdomville like this