Photo

Taking the plunge (again)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Flightx

Flightx

New Blood

• 3 posts

As you might have guessed I'm new to the forum, so hello everyone. I have played destiny from the start of the beta but didn't play much after the first year or so. This changed when my son pestered me to buy the dlc and start playing again.

Well that was about a month and a half ago. I'm still playing and enjoying the hell out of the experience I'm having. There is just one thing missing. The joy of having some friends to play with on a regular basis. Im not saying I don't have friends on my list that play destiny but what I would say is it hard from me to even get a fireteam together more than once every couple of weeks.

Im also finding it tough to raise my light level now to anything higher than 393 so tips for that would be awesome.

So if you have a heart and spare slot in your team for a newbie/not really newbie let's me know.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Welcome!

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Hi there Flight. Welcome to the Forum. The path to get up to 400 is certainly a grind but there are different ways of getting great gear to get you up there and articles abound everywhere that can guide you in your journey. A couple of things I would suggest is to run Archon's Forge in the Plaguelands. When completing encounters there, you can get a ghost. Additionally, just playing crucible matches can reward gear that can be kept or infused to bring your light level up. Also purchase Three of Coins from Xur. When completing pvp matches and defeating certain bosses, you can get an exotic engram that when decoded, can help bring your light level up or use as infusion. In a couple of weeks (hopefully) a special pvp event called Iron Banner will be taking place. That is also a good source of getting gear to increase your light level.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Welcome Guardian ! 

Flightx

Flightx

New Blood

• 3 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome. Im not much of a pvp player as I've been trying to finish all the story missions and such but I will give the event a go. I've been using the 3 of coins trick to raise my level this far. Archons forge has been great when there are other guardians around but I think I've got most of the high level gear from there and the drops seem to be 385 lvl now. I guess I'll be spending my coincidence with xur tomorrow lol thanks hockeydad for the advice