Photo

Destiny 2 - Discussion

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Captain

• 749 posts

yet another example of how Bungie is going to make destiny 2 less fun in order to balance crucible

They will keep running into problems trying to keep balancing the same in both PVE and PVP instead of treating them as separate entities, which they are.

• Vipertec and HockeyDad21 like this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1786 posts

Have played a couple days of the Beta - using both warlock and titan. I agree that having your super and grenades not generate as fast is different and certainly puts more reliability on your weapon and movements in both pvp and pve. The strike was waaaay too long; seemed more like a nightfall than a strike. Although I did like certain aspects of it like dodging the rock grinders and the constant disappearing floor when at the boss battle. Although that opening fight with the cabal and the constant interaction of Zavala, Cayde and Ikora was fun to see them in action. At the end though where Gaul pushes my guardian over the edge was way too much for me (lol). Oh no he didn't.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 173 posts

They will keep running into problems trying to keep balancing the same in both PVE and PVP instead of treating them as separate entities, which they are.

The one issue that I have when people ask for separate balancing for both, is that I for one don't want to have different behavior across two sandboxes. Numerical differences are one thing, but having completely different function or feel is another. Things like ability damage/charge rate, ammo pick up per pack (NOT capacity) can be done, but the core of how the abilities work should retain parity between PvP and PvE.

There's always an option to drop the little clause of "against minions of darkness". 

DestinyTeamRed

DestinyTeamRed

Recruit

• 24 posts

You got further then I did ,I would like to have Touch of Malice but that ship jumping puzzle keeps me from trying I did get across it 2 times but it took forever and then we couldn't complete the Totems ,so I'll have to do without !

LOL My team basically started from Oryx.... I didnt have to go through any of that mess. the one time we did go through the jumping thing, we had two people do the maze and the rest of us waited till they completed it and then we joined them after the countdown ended. the part we never got past was the big door where you had to stand in the center, then run to the left or right, then stand on the plate.... then run to the center again.... 

It is a lot easier to do KF when you have someone that already made it to Oryx

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4578 posts

LOL My team basically started from Oryx.... I didnt have to go through any of that mess. the one time we did go through the jumping thing, we had two people do the maze and the rest of us waited till they completed it and then we joined them after the countdown ended. the part we never got past was the big door where you had to stand in the center, then run to the left or right, then stand on the plate.... then run to the center again.... 

But that's no fun.  You have to run it at least once all the way through.  

• DestinyTeamRed likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3858 posts

Gonna do Kings Fall 280 with my Clan this weekend , doing it on easy so I can get the last 3 Frags and parts for Touch of Malice I need ! 

DestinyTeamRed

DestinyTeamRed

Recruit

• 24 posts

But that's no fun.  You have to run it at least once all the way through.  

That is my goal. Before Destiny 2 drops I plan to get a fireteam together and run it all the way through at least once.... 

I do have a ??? though. 

Will my characters be able to transfer over to Destiny 2? Or will I have to start from square 1 and create new characters? Also will I be able to start from the level I am at now? or start from level 1?

Jamez

Jamez

Forum Lieutenant

• 244 posts

That is my goal. Before Destiny 2 drops I plan to get a fireteam together and run it all the way through at least once.... 

I do have a ??? though. 

Will my characters be able to transfer over to Destiny 2? Or will I have to start from square 1 and create new characters? Also will I be able to start from the level I am at now? or start from level 1?

Your characters will transfer but only their looks/design, not the actual level etc.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4578 posts

I do have a ??? though. 

When did you start your character?  As Jamez said, the look will transfer, everything else starts from scratch.  But supposedly, they're going to have a birth date in D2 so what ever date you started your D1 character will be your birth date.  But this is unconfirmed.

I also thought you had to complete the Black Garden story mission on the character prior to a certain date for this to happen as well.  

DestinyTeamRed

DestinyTeamRed

Recruit

• 24 posts

When did you start your character?  As Jamez said, the look will transfer, everything else starts from scratch.  But supposedly, they're going to have a birth date in D2 so what ever date you started your D1 character will be your birth date.  But this is unconfirmed.

I also thought you had to complete the Black Garden story mission on the character prior to a certain date for this to happen as well.  

I started my characters months ago... last year in October was the last time I played Destiny. they are both at the max level but I can get higher light for both. I have done all the story missions with my titan and warlock. I have not completed the Rise of Iron story with my warlock yet... but I have with my titan. 

Edited by DestinyTeamRed, 14 August 2017 - 10:42 AM.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4578 posts

I started my characters months ago... last year in October was the last time I played Destiny. they are both at the max level but I can get higher light for both. I have done all the story missions with my titan and warlock. I have not completed the Rise of Iron story with my warlock yet... but I have with my titan. 

If you run Archon's forge you have a better chance of getting a higher light ghost, artifact and class item.  I would farm the forge for about an hour. But that's getting harder now with fewer players.

• HockeyDad21 and DestinyTeamRed like this

DestinyTeamRed

DestinyTeamRed

Recruit

• 24 posts

If you run Archon's forge you have a better chance of getting a higher light ghost, artifact and class item.  I would farm the forge for about an hour. But that's getting harder now with fewer players.

Thanks I will do that.