Photo

Destiny 2 - Discussion

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

Hello fellow guardians.  Welcome to another Michael ramble session.  

I've been listening to new Destiny Podcasts and one of them in two separate episodes brought up a few questions and I wanted to discuss them here.

Topic 1:  

1. What Destiny 1 Crucible formats are you wanting to see in Destiny 1.  

2. Do you think Trials of Osiris will come back?

3. Do you think Trials will be released day 1?  Or will we have to unlock it through a quest?

Topic 2:

This is a little outside of my wheel house of thinking as It's been a very long time since I've hacked on a PC.  But Destiny has been full of secrets.  I know people have data mined Destiny and have found a lot of stuff.  I'm not sure how that works.  But with Destiny coming out on PC, do you think the data mining in PC will ruin the secrets found in Destiny 2?

---------------------------

My responses:

Topic 1:

1. I wouldn't mind seeing all the current modes come back and maybe some new formats with weekly rolling choices kind of like what we have today to keep the player pool into one lobby

2. Yes

3. I've been hearing that ToO may not come back until the first DLC drops.  I think that would get the community in a uproar.  However, we're starting the game off with supposedly nothing. Not even the clothes on our backs.  That's a lot of naked guardians.  I don't think we'll be set up to play ToO day 1.  Which is why I think it will be there day 1, but you have to unlock it via a quest.  Be a certain, rank, LL, etc.  

Topic 2:

This is what I'm worried about the most.  Every content creator in the world is going to want to be the first to divulge all the secrets and they'll come fast and furious.  I'm still trying to figure out how so much is found out so quickly in RoI.  

This is why once the game drops, I'll probably be going dark for some time.  I want to enjoy the game and learn the secrets as much as I can, by myself and with my Clan mates.  I do know that Destiny is filled with secret stuff, so I will now be on the lookout, now.  Once I get to a certain point, I'll be ready to start learning what's I've missed through my game play.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

Even though I'm not a big Crucible player , if they kept the current modes on new maps that would be great as far as ToO , that doesn't matter to me at all as I've only tried it once and it was a horrible mistake . One thing I would like to see happen in D2 (even though I know it won't) is make all the weapons accessible top everyone ,  in other words be able to get it without having to do a raid , maybe they could increase the quest steps or something , and make it so us filthy casuals don't have to get headshots in the Crucible . I know this will never happen but I hope it will , Good Day !!

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1829 posts

Those are some good questions there Michael. I personally like the current format with the limited types of games that can be played during a given week. As far as the types, you have the typical 'clash' and 'control' formats that are similar across all game types so I will think those will be kept in some way. Rift, salvage and skirmish are pretty unique to Destiny but with the apparent changes to D2, not sure if those game types will be kept in some form or another given whether they will fit in with the game universe or not. Not sure what new game types there could be so it will be interesting to see what Bungie comes up with.

There will be some kind of end-game pvp game mode, but not sure if it will be called Trials of Osiris or not. Again, not sure how Osiris will fit in to the D2 universe or if it will be called something else. I have no idea so will have to wait and see. Trials will not be released day 1. Kinda like when previous expansions were released, it took about a week or two to get everyone's light level up. 

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 265 posts

I really wouldn't expect any game mode to return in the same way it is now. It will prb be renamed and tweeked.

Hopefully there is a lot more new game modes for pvp and pve. I can run strikes, nightfall's, trials and ect now, I really don't want a rehashed version of things I have run in the ground for the past 3 years being the only things we can do.

That said we have not been shown anything yet so, we will see.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

Supposedly, there will be new D2 marketing material released to Game Stop today. So watch out for stuff to drool and speculate over.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

There will be Helmets !!!! And some other cool stuff that I won't spoil for other who haven't seen the reveal yet !!😁😁😁😁😁

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

I was excited about the reveal and now even more excited about the game.  I can't wait.  But I have to.   ===

http://planetdestiny...rned-destiny-2/

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1829 posts

I think the 4's format can be a positive for the most part. That means more players to select from the pool to make a game with good connections. It stinks for those that have large groups that team up but should help those single players as well.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 245 posts

Woah.

When I read the new homepage article, I'll admit, I was a little bit skeptical. Reworking the primary, special and heavy gun classes, with kinetic, energy and power weapons instead? Only four locations to explore? New abilities, but no new elemental damage type? My problem was that I didn't get to see the live-stream, but when I did, along with the launch trailer afterwards...

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYEP HYPE HYPE HYPE HYOE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HEYO HYOE HYPE HPE HYOEN NJIIJAOINJVRSAIMJVDSAINMJVSAOKNVDSNONVDSAONM (SORRY, MY BRAIN BROKE FROM TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT).

I don't think I've ever been any happier in my life than I am right now. If you thought TTK and ROi were exciting... well, this just outshines them all.

Just looking at the stream and trailer, you can tell that Bungie have really been listening to the community. Exploration! People! Story! AND CINEMATICS THAT ARE SOME OF THE MOST AWESOME SH*T I'VE EVER SEEN (I don't usually cuss).

I'm so proud of this series, it's come so far since the original launch. THIS is going to be what really sets up Destiny as a shining example of a video game. I know that we shouldn't over-hype things, but... C'MON, HOW COULD YOU NOT?!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

I watched MoreConsole do the Inverted Spire Strike last night and all I got to say is WOW , I'm gonna do alot of dying when I play that the first time !! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1436 posts

From what I have skimmed so far (please note I said skimmed)

Some things I'm really excited about while others I'm not quite sure what to think at this moment.  

I'm really excited to get in to the new cinematic campaign.  The first campaign kinda left me feeling like the center of a doughnut ... empty.  But it sounds like they realized they dropped the ball on D1's campaign and are looking to really bring new life to D2's.  I can't wait to see what improvements they made in developing the the new campaign. 

But I'm kinda put off by the new 4v4 crucible set up.  I really don't understand the rationale behind cutting down the team size.

More people = more targets to shoot at.  I hope that they have some 6v6 game types available. 

Oh, and Cayed-6 ... Super Awesome!!

bgimg-8411.png?nc=1495146709

I'm hoping that tonight I'll have some time to watch the entire presentation.  Get a better feel for it. 

• DefiantMars likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

From what I have skimmed so far (please not I said skimmed)

But I'm kinda put off by the new 4v4 crucible set up.  I really don't understand the rationale behind cutting down the team size.

More people = more targets to shoot at.  I hope that they have some 6v6 game types available. 

NOTE, not "not"

I'm also worried about the 4v4. We'll have to see. Check this post out about 4v4 and some of the other changes.

https://www.reddit.c...to_lars_bakken/

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

I am kinda worried about 4v4 too I'm not the greatest and with more people ,I do better! I guess I'm gonna die alot ! 😨😨😨

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1436 posts

NOTE, not "not"

Lol, thank you. I blame my phone for the edit.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

All modes will be 4v4... too bad I had fun in 6v6 iron banner...
Also that system of revive token is weird: you only have one token to be revived. When reviving, the one revived AND the one reviving lose the token. Double punishment. I can bet that if I solo queue, no random will ever revive me, they'll keep their token for themselves or clan mates.
I'm also worried about PvE with the new weapons types: snipers, fusion, rockets launchers are all in the same type, so you can no longer equip a "special" and a "heavy", it's one or the other. Depending on how they balance their raids, it'll be a real pain. And bye bye fusion fun in PvP...

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

Okay, now that the hype of the D2 reveal has died down some.  One thing I have not seen anyone talk about is how do the new hats from game stop related to D2?

C_hi-_EVoAAOJ7V.jpg

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1829 posts

I don't remember hearing anything concrete regarding the symbolism of the animals but I assume it may have something to do with some sort of faction or banner to rally around or join. For example, may Zavala is the lion, Ikora is the eagle and Cayde is the snake. We do recognize the emblems from D1 as well so I am not sure as to their meaning for D2.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

Does anyone know if there will be Grimoire in D2 ?? I'm just wondering 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

Does anyone know if there will be Grimoire in D2 ?? I'm just wondering 

Confirmed: Grimoire will NOT be in D2. They plan on telling the story in game.

I like the new avatar.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

Confirmed: Grimoire will NOT be in D2. They plan on telling the story in game.

I like the new avatar.

Thanks I figured it was time for a change (Avatar wise) , As far as the Grimoire that's good one less thing to worry about !!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4663 posts

I'm actually kind of disappointed about the Grimoire.  It was a way to show who's new and who plays way too much.  My 5480 score is now worthless.  LOL...

I guess I can quit farming for Grimoire and go for the Flawless Raider trophy which is my final trophy I need to for Destiny.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3914 posts

I must admit I do like the Grimoire more to tell me where I haven't been and what I'm missing more than anything else , but if it's not going to be there I don't have to worry about getting my score up ! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1436 posts

I'm actually kind of disappointed about the Grimoire.  It was a way to show who's new and who plays way too much.  My 5480 score is now worthless.  LOL...

I guess I can quit farming for Grimoire and go for the Flawless Raider trophy which is my final trophy I need to for Destiny.

Not me.  Glad they are doing away the cards and incorporating everything into the game.

What a hassle having to figure out what was going on while constantly having to reference a second source of information, while playing.

Seemed like such a cop-out way for Bungie to try to build the story. 

If they had sold a physical book before the game launched containing every lore story, in order, that I could have read ... I would have been fine with that.  I would have bought that in a heart beat, 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 245 posts

Not me.  Glad they are doing away the cards and incorporating everything into the game.

What a hassle having to figure out what was going on while constantly having to reference a second source of information, while playing.

Seemed like such a cop-out way for Bungie to try to build the story. 

If they had sold a physical book before the game launched containing every lore story, in order, that I could have read ... I would have been fine with that.  I would have bought that in a heart beat, 

There are two reasons as to why the grimoire cards were one of the best things Destiny has ever had:

#1 They made it possible for hardcore players that were interested in the story to go deeper into it. While we certainly needed more in game story, the grimoire cards allowed us to understand this universe better than we ever would simply with in game details. The cards were easy to access, and they allowed for a lot of room for interpretation in this universe.

#2 The lore content creators. The grimoire cards have spawned dozens of Destiny lore Youtubers that present some really interesting interpretations of the cards, and they use particular means to do this. These creators, including Sir Wallen, Myelin Games and My Name is Byf, will now struggle with the removal of the cards.

As much as the lore needed to be in the game, the grimoire cards were also important for the people who wanted to read deeper into everything. Going in game to do all this is going to be such a hassle now. Seriously, how much would it have taken for somebody to write all the lore down? Bungie has taken a step back by taking their biggest criticism, a lack of story, fixing that, and then creating a new problem. I desperately hope that this changes in the future.

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 265 posts

Grimore score was kinda a thing with our clan, who could get the highest. I was really hoping for Grimore to carry on.