Photo

How long does each raid take in normal mode?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

I am determined to try an get a couple of raids done before destiny 2 comes out, but I will have to plan my time accordingly, due to wife/kids etc.  

Roughly how long does each raid take? Obviously it would take a bit longer if it's a sherpa group etc. but I am just looking for a rough estimate.

I ain't bothered about any of the challenges or the hard modes, just the bog standard normal ones.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4746 posts

On normal mode

Crota probably 20 minutes if you speed run it.  Otheriwise an hour

VoG not sure I've only done a couple of times, but maybe an hour-ish

KF: Plan 3 hours just because.  You need to be coordinated with your team otherwise you're screwed

WoTM: 1.5 hours if your coordinated well.  If not, We've spent 2 hours on Vosik alone because someone wasn't doing their part as we thought.

Others have done the raids a lot more than me and maybe have good tips on speed runs. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1458 posts

Thats assuming that you are just doing the raids and not getting into the Challenge modes.  Attempting thosewill add a bit of time. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4746 posts

Yes.  Depending on what you want to accomplish.

If you want to learn the Raids, do the challenges, it going to take you time for each

If you do a speed run

I did it with LittleUbo and his friends, and we were done with VoG and Crota in under 2 hours.  Stand here, shoot there, die anyway.

There is no speed run for KF.. *sigh*

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

Cheers guys  :thumbsup:

Not bothered about speed runs or challenges, just want to do um, just need some peeps that are UK time.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1851 posts

Crota's and VoG will be the quickest probably, although the final boss battle in VoG can give some fits if things are done properly. I agree about an hour for both. KF is by far the most challenging as far as team coordination goes as totems and Oryx  can be tempermental. Plan on 3+ hours for KF. WotM can be about 1.5/2 hours depending how the Siege Engine goes and the Spider tank. Aksis part 2 takes alot of communication though.

Yes, this is taking into consideration doing no challenges.

Cheers guys  :thumbsup:

Not bothered about speed runs or challenges, just want to do um, just need some peeps that are UK time.

If you happen to play in afternoon or evening your time, I am sure some of us here in the States can help out.

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

I guess I need to to make sure I get some gear leveled for my defender titan, I was going to just go with the best build for generating orbs because the only defender type exotic armor I have is the no backup plans.

I already got an high impact sniper from the crucible vendor for bullet sponge bosses and plenty of shotguns for the orb gen, so got single target and adds covered.

What about heavy? and primary? Was going to just get my gally and a decent scout above 390 (although I do have 391 bad ju-ju for getting my bubble back faster).

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1851 posts

You armor probably isn't as important as the weapons you bring along. Yes, certain exotic armor can generate more orbs, or grant additional abilities to help your team, but for the most part, I equip armor that will will give me more ammo, increase reload speed of primaries and possibly increased armor for the class I am running. As far as weapons go, use what you feel comfortable with. When running raids, the only ones that can make a difference is your heavy. In some cases, rocket launchers work best. In others, swords work well. If you happen to have Sleeper Simulant, that can work too.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4746 posts

You'll also probably change your weapons based on what section of the raid you're in.  In some sections you want shotgun/HMG, then sniper/Rocket Launche in the next section.  

My weapons of choice:

VOG: Hung Jury and then I don't recall.  I've only done VOG twice and it they were stand here, shoot there runs.

Crota:

Abyss: MIDA, Sniper, heavy doesn't matter.  You're just trying to get through as fast as possible so you want high agility

Bridge: Scout, sniper, HMG or RL

Deathsinger: Scout, sniper, Sleeper for the whatchamacalums that chase you when they explode, then Dragon's to clear up the adds

Crota: Scout, Shotgun

King's Fall:

Ship jump: MIDA for agiity

Totums: Hung Jury, Black Spindle, RL

Warpriest: Hung Jury, Black Spindle, HMG

Golgorath: Hung Jury, Black spindle, HMG

Jumping Puzzle of rudeness: MIDA

Daughters: Touch of Malice, sniper, RL

Oryx: Touch of Malice, sniper, RL

WOTM:

I basically run Genesisi Chain, Shotgun, Gjally the whole raid.

• Mtannert23 likes this

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

Cheers guys and yes I do have the sleeper.

Windw4lker

Windw4lker

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

Righto, I need to get at least one raid done before D2, I have every thing on Michael's list except the hung jury and the black spindle, but I do have a distant star scout with explosive rounds and firefly, plus an high impact sniper with casket mag and triple tap.

I also need more friends so if I don't have you on my friends list could you please either send me a friends request or PM me your PSN and I'll send you one.

Thanks again for info.